Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Holy Cross 42, Owen County 32
Final from Owenton

Holy Cross got up 13 to 0 in the 1st quarter and held off Owen County the rest of the game. Burt Pouncy led Holy Cross's offensive attack all night, with 4 rushing tds, 1 receiving td, and running for 233 yards.

Another great atmosphere in Owen County, the fans were great and they were well represented by their football team. playing as hard as they could for 4 quarters, never quitting and playing with a lot of class and respect. congrats HC on the win and congrats Owen on a great season.
Congrats to HC. Good luck next week.
Congrats Covington:Thumbs:
Box Score, stats and scoring summary for the Holy Cross @ Owen County game are now available. Click below and then click the Download link next to tonight's game.

Holy Cross Stats and Scoring Summary

Holy Cross 335 rushing, 69 passing. Burt Pouncy 27 rushes 223 yds (8.3 yds/carry) 4 TD, 2 rec 41 yds 1 TD - 5 total touchdowns! Travis Gabbard 14 rushes 92 yds.

Owen County 142 rushing, 140 passing. Paul Banks 6 rushes 120 yds (20 yds/carry) 3 TD. Collin Trammel 13 rushes 84 yds 1 TD. Adam Hazlett 8-23 140 yds 1 TD, 2 INT. Chris Day 3 rec 83 yds 1 TD.

Obviously, it was the Burt Pouncy show for HC with 5 TDs. Beal did not play. HC played 3 QBs tonight. Burt ran a lot from the Wildcat, sometimes as a RB, and sometimes split out as a WR. Travis had a great game spotting for Mitch Trail. Travis had a couple real long runs. Mitch had a TD pass late in the first half. The last minute of the first half was very wild with 3 touchdowns scored in total by both teams. HC controlled the time of possession. Congratulations to the Rebels for a great game and a fine year! I guess it's time to play the Breds again.
Five Owen County TOs, including three in the first quarter, put them in a tough spot. The Rebs had a hard time with the center to QB snap in the pistol formation, two of the first quarter TOs were a direct result of bad snaps.

The costliest one might have been when Banks intercepted a pass with the score 28-20 (that was Holy Cross' only TO on the night) and then fumbled the ball back on the INT return. Holy Cross marched right down the field to score on the ensuing drive. Tough to catch-up after that.

And, the already mentioned video game scoring explosion in the last minute of the half.

Congrats to Holy Cross on the win. Despite their record, they still have some really nice players, Pouncy was stud. Their offensive line was very solid.
Not many gave HC a chance tonight. Great win, and congrats to all my NKY friends and HC followers! Great win!
For All The Owen County seniors you not hang your head you are the backbone of a program coming back from the dead and that is something to be proud of you lost to a very classy team whom I have a lot of respect for congats holy cross
Owen county 17-6 the past two year is a win in my book
Didn't see this one coming. Can Holy Cross make a little run in the playoffs?
^ Until NCC
rebel 4 life Wrote:For All The Owen County seniors you not hang your head you are the backbone of a program coming back from the dead and that is something to be proud of you lost to a very classy team whom I have a lot of respect for congats holy cross
Owen county 17-6 the past two year is a win in my book

I apologize for not getting a chance to sample your sauce! Maybe next year! If it is hot as you say it is, can you send to NCC for their pregame meal next week?:devilflam
nkypete Wrote:I apologize for not getting a chance to sample your sauce! Maybe next year! If it is hot as you say it is, can you send to NCC for their pregame meal next week?:devilflam

:eyeroll: I was never in there kictin lol jk
Congrats HC!