Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are south floyd girls so down?
I think if their coach works with the young girls and pushes them and helps to develop their skills then when those girls are juniors or seniors then SF girls will be pretty good...not gonna say the best but at least competative! Oh and K.Hall's first name is Kayla...
I do beleive that Candice Hall also played for that team as well. Also, which dominating center was you referring too? Sara Johnson and Kandice Mitchell both started at center, they just rotated turns.
Maybe Candice played...I don't remember. I'd probably say Kandice Mitchell. She dominated the tournament that year.
"South_21" Wrote:I do beleive that Candice Hall also played for that team as well. Also, which dominating center was you referring too? Sara Johnson and Kandice Mitchell both started at center, they just rotated turns.

You HAVE to be referring to Kandice Mitchell, I wasn't impressed at all with Johnson.

Hall was on the team but didn't see much playing time.
Kandice Mitchell was one of the best centers I played against
I think Mitchell was the better player by far, anyone else agree?

I remember she had a tremendous game against BL that year in district tourney.
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"South_21" Wrote:I do beleive that Candice Hall also played for that team as well. Also, which dominating center was you referring too? Sara Johnson and Kandice Mitchell both started at center, they just rotated turns.

Mitchell started her Sophmore,Junior and Senior year..They never rotated turns..There was a few games that she didnt start but not very many.They started together their senior year... The starters the year they won districts were:

G-Megan Ousley
G-Tiffany Williams
C-Kandice Mitchell
F-Asley Johnson
F-Minnie Tackett
Yeah she was...and she did have an amazing game. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it like 22 points and 27 rebounds?? That was the last time they had a dominating center other than Trammell.
"Cali" Wrote:Yeah she was...and she did have an amazing game. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it like 22 points and 27 rebounds??

I don't think Johnson ever accomplished anything like that!
"Cali" Wrote:Yeah she was...and she did have an amazing game. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it like 22 points and 27 rebounds?? That was the last time they had a dominating center other than Trammell.

It was 28 boards
Ohhh haha my bad bballer Wink. Thanks for correcting me...I knew it was way up there.
I remember reading about SF when the Compton Girl played center and she was the real thing she had like 33 points and 30 rebounds a couple of times.
Tiffany Compton was the best center to EVER play at South Floyd....by far...The others don't hold a candel to her. She could dribble, rebound, and score.
Compton was 2nd team all state in the shot put and discuss as well
"South_21" Wrote:Tiffany Compton was the best center to EVER play at South Floyd....by far...The others don't hold a candel to her. She could dribble, rebound, and score.
:roll: They have other centers that has put up other better numbers
"South_21" Wrote:Tiffany Compton was the best center to EVER play at South Floyd....by far...The others don't hold a candel to her. She could dribble, rebound, and score.

Whats a candel? She was a good player, but there were others who were more talented!
I watched most of them and I dont want to hurt any feeling but I felt all the way around Tiff was as talented as ever put on a jersey at South Floyd. As far as pure talent the first team had as much talent as ever came off left beaver they just never played as a team. Way too much subbing they never had an opportunity to get going.
and I am not dissing the other its JMO
IMO there are others who have played that are just as talented as her.
Alright this one is done..Please Feel free to start another one