• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Highlands - 11/9/12 - 4A Second Round
Given that Highlands and Ashland are winning handily, I am going to start this thread. I say Highlands wins in running clock fashion.
Turn out the lights kittens. It will be a beatdown.
No running clock in this one. Highlands by 3TD's.
FTH should win handily.
No running clock but its hard too see the cats coming out Victorious. I will be there cheering them on.
Birdies 35
Putty Tats 14
Always bet on Highlands and you will make money.
We know this is going to be a tall order... Tomcats looking for an upset. Looking forward to seeing this one.
What was the score between Homles an Highlands? I do know Holmes is pretty terrible didn't see much at all out of them til late in 3rd when they started throwing hailmarys an completed a few but that was out of pure desperation trying to just move the ball.
Highlands by 3 TD or more
BADCAT74 Wrote:We know this is going to be a tall order... Tomcats looking for an upset. Looking forward to seeing this one.
What was the score between Homles an Highlands? I do know Holmes is pretty terrible didn't see much at all out of them til late in 3rd when they started throwing hailmarys an completed a few but that was out of pure desperation trying to just move the ball.

FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

Your emotional angle will be gone and the game is at Fort Thomas. Your natural advantages will be gone. It is unlikely that the outcome will be in question. Still, you had a fairly good year.
Dont for see it, but would love to see a 35-28 tomcat win. Im pullin for them, but predicting a 40-21 Highlands voctory.
I'm not here to rain on any parade, and certainly have no dog in the fight. But this is a game that will be a 40+ point spread. I've always been a fan of the Cats ever since going down there with the Camels in our scrimmages, but it's way too much to believe that the Cats can stop the Highlands offense. Ashland would have to put up 40 themselves to win, but that's not in the cards for this game
[quote=Harry Rex Vonner]FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

Your emotional angle will be gone and the game is at Fort Thomas. Your natural advantages will be gone. It is unlikely that the outcome will be in question. Still, you had a fairly good year.[/QUOTE

Wow Harry that's pretty good I think you almost gave us a compliment. Just keep it up remember baby steps!

I'm sure it is a tough place to play, but I dont think these guys will be intimidated by Highlands stadium. There use to some pretty hostel places like belfry ironton jcc. I don't think the place will be the problem as much as just being outgunned in the end.... but I will be pulling for the cats in a big upset
35-28.
BADCAT74 Wrote:[quote=Harry Rex Vonner]FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

Your emotional angle will be gone and the game is at Fort Thomas. Your natural advantages will be gone. It is unlikely that the outcome will be in question. Still, you had a fairly good year.[/QUOTE

Wow Harry that's pretty good I think you almost gave us a compliment. Just keep it up remember baby steps!

I'm sure it is a tough place to play, but I dont think these guys will be intimidated by Highlands stadium. There use to some pretty hostel places like belfry ironton jcc. I don't think the place will be the problem as much as just being outgunned in the end.... but I will be pulling for the cats in a big upset
35-28.
Well, Well, Well. I see you are posting here again NotsoBADCAT. Only happens when you win doesn't it?....haha..

Oh , you also forgot to mention to Harry Rex that in 2 of those three games where you played at those "hostile enviroments" you also got your tails bobbed!!!Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Dont for see it, but would love to see a 35-28 tomcat win. Im pullin for them, but predicting a 40-21 Highlands voctory.

They scored more than 28 against Elder, no way Ashland holds them under 40. If Ashland is to win, their offense is going to have to come up big and put up more than 40 on the board.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

Your emotional angle will be gone and the game is at Fort Thomas. Your natural advantages will be gone. It is unlikely that the outcome will be in question. Still, you had a fairly good year.

50-0 at halftime, with 2nds playing in the 2nd quarter
Hope Tomcats can hang around, but history says otherwise....

Highlands 54
Ashland 28
BADCAT74 Wrote:[quote=Harry Rex Vonner]FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

35-28.

BADCAT74, I learned long ago that Ashland athletic teams and their fans are not liked around the Commonwealth. Most see them as a far too cocky group who always like to "brag" about their "tradition". Most unbiased observers are humored by this because any Ashland tradition existed decades ago. Many schools who were successful over 30 years ago are homecoming opponents now. You pad your record by beating lower class schools. You play in one of the weakest districts in the Commonwealth. You have no relevant tradition.

I actually paid your team a compliment. You did have a faiirly successful season. However, you didn't really win anything. Overall, for a number of reasons, you play a mediocre schedule. Therefore, "fairly" is the proper term. And, you will lose to FTH. That is just a fact.

On the other hand, tomcatfan722000 has done much to improve the image of your program. He is reasonable. He compliments other programs. He is realistic in his assessment of his team's strengths and weaknesses. He doesn't blow a lot of hot air. You and a lot of your like-minded partisans could learn a lot of value from tomcatfan722000.
Maybe because of tomcat fan, but I root for Ashland over the other teams in their area. I think Highlands will control the game, but it won't be a total shellacking.
Have not seen FTH play, but this Ashland team has a lot of heart and some pretty good players. It will be interesting to see what happens Friday. I wish WATTS, JACKSON, and BAKER were playing in this game. GO TOMCATS!!
Stardust Wrote:50-0 at halftime, with 2nds playing in the 2nd quarter
Dusty! You know I respect your opinion, but 50-0 at half? Wow! Seems to me Ashland is good enough to hang closer than that!:biggrin:
2dog Wrote:Dusty! You know I respect your opinion, but 50-0 at half? Wow! Seems to me Ashland is good enough to hang closer than that!:biggrin:

He was refreing to the highlands and homles game
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:FTH beat Holmes 57-28 at Holmes on October 12, 2012. The game was not remotely as close as the final score. I suspect your game wasn't as close as the final score either. With this being your last game in the old stadium, it was not likely that Holmes would fare well coming to your place under those conditions.

No the emotional angle is still there. This group wants to Keep Putnam standing and wants one more game. But your right honoring the old coaches an the fireworks before the game. Holmes didn't stand much of a chance. It was 28-0 at half second half Ashland was in celebration mode. I expect a good game on Friday I just don't know if Ashland can match highlands for 4 quarters I say they hang in there for 3 though on pure emotion alone.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Dont for see it, but would love to see a 35-28 tomcat win. Im pullin for them, but predicting a 40-21 Highlands voctory.

That's kinda what I see and against a team like highlands I think that would be a very good showing.
2dog Wrote:Dusty! You know I respect your opinion, but 50-0 at half? Wow! Seems to me Ashland is good enough to hang closer than that!:biggrin:

He was talking about what highlands did against Holmes.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:He was talking about what highlands did against Holmes.
OK, I stand corrected. I had two dogs fighting in my lap when I read it. Sorry Dusty!
Tomcats
Aug 17, 12 Lawrence County home 51 - 20 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 Raceland home 42 - 19 (W) Click
Aug 31, 12 George Washington, WV away 21 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Russell home 47 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Ironton, OH away 17 - 27 (L) Click
Sep 21, 12 Rowan County home 48 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Boyd County home 56 - 16 (W) Click
Oct 5, 12 Belfry home 35 - 20 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Greenup County away 56 - 8 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Johnson Central away 21 - 22 (L) Click (overtime)
Nov 2, 12 Holmes home 41 - 14 (W) no

Birds
Aug 17, 12 Boyle County home 52 - 31 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 Scott County home 60 - 37 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Western away 51 - 23 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Mason County home 61 - 3 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Covington Catholic home 35 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Harrison County away 69 - 10 (W) Click
Oct 5, 12 Pendleton County home 70 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Holmes away 57 - 28 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Cincinnati Elder, OH home 24 - 38 (L) Click
Oct 26, 12 Ryle away 58 - 13 (W) Click
Nov 2, 12 Boyd County home 56 - 14 (W) no
I know Highlands is conpletely unbeatable, but against common opponents they match up pretty well.
Elm street Wrote:I know Highlands is conpletely unbeatable, but against common opponents they match up pretty well.

The only common oppenent is Boyd county and highland was subbing in the JV before halftime I'm sure. Now Boyd show better against highlands thus year than last. Reid dearfield had a nice game and there was a nice td pass against highlands 1st team. But comparing the scores of those two games doesn't tell us much.
Highlands.
  • 1(current)
  • Next