Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama ad: Romney "dishonest" on auto bailout
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The starting of this thread is beyond laughable.

You got that right! It's a condition common to the liberal lost in la-la land. Wilful igorance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You got that right! It's a condition common to the liberal lost in la-la land. Wilful igorance.
I guess you are denying that he was being dishonest, even after it has been proving that he is lying about it? Maybe it was just one of those "half truth" type things you use a lot?
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess you are denying that he was being dishonest, even after it has been proving that he is lying about it? Maybe it was just one of those "half truth" type things you use a lot?

LOL, a half truth would be a 50% improvement over your thread starter. The jobs are over seas, so is the deed for Chrysler Corp. Fiat got control of Chrysler Corp. (a major contributor to our victory in WWII with their innovations in war machines) for zero dollars. It was just handed to them and Obama presided over the whole deal. Let me ask you a question RV. Do you think Chrysler sales will go down in the US when American consumers figure out the bottom line about all this? Of course they're, Chrysler, going to try to push back some when the unflattering truth gets put out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess you are denying that he was being dishonest, even after it has been proving that he is lying about it? Maybe it was just one of those "half truth" type things you use a lot?

Dishonesty? LOL. Please don't talk about dishonesty if you support the man currently in the White House.

After SIX WEEKS, we still have no answer on Benghazi. I won't even get into the details about it, but we've waited long enough for an answer from your President.
"To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said."

Riots in the Euro Zone have become the rule rather than the exception. Every Euro Zone nation is in fiscal distress except Germany. Across the European Union the unemployment rate is over 12% and 18 million are looking for work. College grads and those under age 25 are suffering the most. The riots will become worse as conditions worsen.

It struck me that the entire Euro Zone has 18 million laid off or out of work, while the US has at least 23 million idle and some say 25 million is much closer to the true number. Two things---First, again we Americans find ourselves in a position of being lied to by the administration, how many folks are really out of work and what is the real unemployment rate? Second, does anybody really believe that we are on the right path, with 25 million out of work? That's 8 million more than the whole of the European Union! Obama has promised to double down on his first term policies. There are FEWER folks working right now than when O took office. How big a pill can the wide-eyed really swallow?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just heard. Today, Stewart Varney of FOX News, got an interview with Sergio Marchionne. In a new revelation he verified that Jeeps will in fact be produced in Italy and China. So, here is how it went down. 2009, US taxpayers bail out Chrysler, later in 2009 the Italian company named Fiat is gifted with the deed to Chrysler, 2012, Fiat announces plans to build Jeeps in China. Romney was exactly right, like he always is. By the way, Romney had Cairo and Benghazi right too, he was the first one to do it, and was confident enough to speak up like a man and name it on national TV. Class dismissed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Just heard. Today, Stewart Varney of FOX News, got an interview with Sergio Marchionne. In a new revelation he verified that Jeeps will in fact be produced in Italy and China. So, here is how it went down. 2009, US taxpayers bail out Chrysler, later in 2009 the Italian company named Fiat is gifted with the deed to Chrysler, 2012, Fiat announces plans to build Jeeps in China. Romney was exactly right, like he always is. By the way, Romney had Cairo and Benghazi right too, he was the first one to do it, and was confident enough to speak up like a man and name it on national TV. Class dismissed.
In the video ad, Romney says Jeep is moving all production to China. Jeep is only prodicing Jeeps in China, for China. Romney lied. You're drinking to much koolaid. Class dismissed.

BTW, you really need to post links to stuff you post.
Quote:Frustration with the politicization of the U.S. auto industry’s comeback story generated a pointed response from a top Chrysler executive today.

Billionaire Donald Trump, who supports Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, today tweeted that President Barack “Obama is a terrible negotiator.”

Trump added: “He bails out Chrysler and now Chrysler wants to send all Jeep manufacturing to China--and will!”

The comment drew a heated tweet from Chrysler Group Vice President for Product Design Ralph Gilles: “you are full of (expletive)!”

@realDonaldTrump 1 Nov 12
Obama is a terrible negotiator. He bails out Chrysler and now Chrysler wants to send all Jeep manufacturing to China--and will!
Ralph Gilles@RalphGilles
@realDonaldTrump you are full of shit!
1 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Obama is a terrible negotiator. He bails out Chrysler and now Chrysler wants to send all Jeep manufacturing to China--and will!
1 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Gilles is viewed as a well-respected and talented executive who easily could have left Chrysler when it was struggling but opted to stay with the troubled automaker as it went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

He joined Chrysler in 1992 as a designer and rose to vice president of design by 2008. Gilles, a car enthusiast, also spearheaded the redevelopment of the 2013 SRT Viper, which is being shipped to dealers now.

It’s the latest iteration of a spat that started a week ago when Romney said in Ohio he had seen a report that suggested Chrysler could move all Jeep production to China.

Chrysler quickly rejected the claim as inaccurate, and some analysts have literally laughed at the suggestion.

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne told employees in an email Tuesday that all U.S. Jeep production would stay in place and would “constitute the backbone of the brand.”

“It is inaccurate to suggest anything different,” he said.

Romney’s campaign has backed off suggestions that Chrysler would move U.S. jobs to China, but maintained its argument that Chrysler’s decision to consider new production in China was an example of Obama’s failed leadership on manufacturing policies. And the campaign released a radio ad in Ohio markets slamming Obama for Chrysler’s plans and General Motors’ China growth.

Obama’s campaign has pounded Romney this week over the Chrysler comments and ads, with Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday calling the accusations an “outrageous lie.”

On Tuesday, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina tweeted that “GM & Chrysler are strong American companies, creating American jobs. Gov Romney is launching false attacks about them.”

GM and Chrysler have largely tried to avoid the political spotlight in recent months, even banning political candidates from their plants for the duration of the campaign.

But the latest developments have drawn them into the discussion more directly.

“We've clearly entered some parallel universe during these last few days,” GM spokesman Greg Martin told the Free Press on Tuesday. “No amount of campaign politics at its cynical worst will diminish our record of creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country.”
I think Ralph Gilles explains more than one person, don't you TRT?

http://www.freep.com/article/20121101/BU...CFRONTPAGE
TheRealVille Wrote:I think Ralph Gilles explains more than one person, don't you TRT?

http://www.freep.com/article/20121101/BU...CFRONTPAGE

Nope, not if that one person is the CEO of Fiat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope, not if that one person is the CEO of Fiat.
Did you read the article? The CEO has words toward the bottom. BTW, I still don't see your link.

Quote: Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne told employees in an email Tuesday that all U.S. Jeep production would stay in place and would “constitute the backbone of the brand.”

“It is inaccurate to suggest anything different,” he said.
TheRealVille Wrote:In the video ad, Romney says Jeep is moving all production to China. Jeep is only prodicing Jeeps in China, for China. Romney lied. You're drinking to much koolaid. Class dismissed.

BTW, you really need to post links to stuff you post.

I'll get you a link as soon as it's available. What I heard was breaking news. Another FOX exclusive which hasn't had time to generate on-line links yet. Jeeps will come from Italy, and China , in all likelihood. Marchionne already said we'd see Italian Jeeps on the road in America. It's laughable for you to accuse me of drinking the koolaid when you were willing to stretch Romney's retirement portfolio investments into the act of outsourcing jobs. (similar investments grace the president's retirement portfolio BTW) And then in the next breath deny clear evidence that Obama's fiscal policies has in fact resulted in Chrysler Motors, a true American automotive icon, now owned by FIAT has stated their stated business model wil in fact import Jeeps to America. If that ain't outsourcing, nothing is. Fiat calls the shots now, and if American Jeep production costs more than Chinese Jeeps do guess what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Just heard. Today, Stewart Varney of FOX News, got an interview with Sergio Marchionne. In a new revelation he verified that Jeeps will in fact be produced in Italy and China. So, here is how it went down. 2009, US taxpayers bail out Chrysler, later in 2009 the Italian company named Fiat is gifted with the deed to Chrysler, 2012, Fiat announces plans to build Jeeps in China. Romney was exactly right, like he always is. By the way, Romney had Cairo and Benghazi right too, he was the first one to do it, and was confident enough to speak up like a man and name it on national TV. Class dismissed.
I still can't find a link to this interview.
I did find this article, though.

Quote:The head of Chrysler responded to repeated claims by the Romney campaign, including a new radio ad out today, that the company is ramping up production in China instead of the United States.

"I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne wrote in a blog post on the company's website today. The statement comes as the Romney campaign doubled down on the claim, which fact-checkers have also deemed false, with a new radio ad in Ohio.

"In fact, U.S. production of our Jeep models has nearly tripled (it is expected to be up 185%) since 2009 in order to keep up with global demand," Marchionne wrote.

The Romney campaign's new radio ad, which is airing in Toledo, Ohio - ground zero for the debate on the auto bailout - says, "Barack Obama says he saved the auto industry. But for who? Ohio or China?"

"[N]ow comes word that Chrysler is starting to build cars in, you guessed it, China," the narrator adds.

Obama ad: Romney "dishonest" on auto bailout
This is the second Romney ad in recent days on the issue airing in Ohio. "Obama took GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy and sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China," the ad's narrator says in a TV spot released over the weekend. "Mitt Romney will fight for every American job."

The Romney campaign has defended the claim, saying they are not claiming that jobs are "moving" to China but that additional jobs are being created there.

Chrysler does have plans to start Jeep production in China but for the Chinese market. "We are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world's largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible," Marchionne wrote in his blog post.

The Obama campaign has slammed Romney on the issue of the auto bailout for months in the Rust Belt, insisting that Romney would have "let Detroit go bankrupt." The phrase comes from the headline of a 2008 op-ed Romney wrote in the New York Times - though Romney didn't use those words in his article, nor did he actually write the headline - where he laid out his opposition to a government bailout of the auto industry and insisted on a managed bankruptcy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-5754...-to-china/
Quote:Message From Sergio Marchionne Regarding Jeep Production
by Sergio Marchionne
October 30, 2012 11:55 AM
Chrysler Group’s production plans for the Jeep® brand have become the focus of public debate.

I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China.

North American production is critical to achieving our goal of selling 800,000 Jeep vehicles by 2014. In fact, U.S. production of our Jeep models has nearly tripled (it is expected to be up 185%) since 2009 in order to keep up with global demand.

We also are investing to improve and expand our entire U.S. operations, including our Jeep facilities. The numbers tell the story:
We will invest more than $1.7 billion to develop and produce the next generation Jeep SUV, the successor of the Jeep Liberty -- including $500 million directly to tool and expand our Toledo Assembly Complex and will be adding about 1,100 jobs on a second shift by 2013.
At our Jefferson North Assembly Plant, where we build the Jeep Grand Cherokee, we have created 2,000 jobs since June 2009 and have invested more than $1.8 billion.
In Belvidere, where we build two Jeep models, we have added two shifts since 2009 resulting in an additional 2,600 jobs.
With the increase in demand for our vehicles, especially Jeep branded vehicles, we have added more than 11,200 U.S. jobs since 2009. Plants producing Jeep branded vehicles alone have seen the number of people invested in the success of the Jeep brand grow to more than 9,300 hourly jobs from 4,700. This will increase by an additional 1,100 as the Liberty successor, which will be produced in Toledo, is introduced for global distribution in the second quarter of 2013.

Together, we are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world’s largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible. Chrysler Group is interested in expanding the customer base for our award-winning Jeep vehicles, which can only be done by establishing local production. This will ultimately help bolster the Jeep brand, and solidify the resilience of U.S. jobs.
Jeep is one of our truly global brands with uniquely American roots. This will never change. So much so that we committed that the iconic Wrangler nameplate, currently produced in our Toledo, Ohio plant, will never see full production outside the United States.

Jeep assembly lines will remain in operation in the United States and will constitute the backbone of the brand.

It is inaccurate to suggest anything different.
Sergio Marchionne

http://blog.chryslerllc.com/blog.do?id=1950&p=entry
TheRealVille Wrote:http://blog.chryslerllc.com/blog.do?id=1950&p=entry

LOL, just keep on obsessing over this RV. You're looking for the easiest out to believe what you want to believe in any event. Posting stuff off of some blog is not like real news but, I can see it makes you feel better. Fiat owns all these factories and assets here in the US. Until such time as the business climate dictates movement out of country, they're never going to just jump up and say "yeah, sooner or later we're out of here" If the US market remains sustainable I believe they will stay. That does not mean the main thrust of Fiat is to do most of their business in the US. Are you really that gullible? Marachionne also said that Italian Jeeps were headed this way too, but you're rolling right over that one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, just keep on obsessing over this RV. You're looking for the easiest out to believe what you want to believe in any event. Posting stuff off of some blog is not like real news but, I can see it makes you feel better. Fiat owns all these factories and assets here in the US. Until such time as the business climate dictates movement out of country, they're never going to just jump up and say "yeah, sooner or later we're out of here" If the US market remains sustainable I believe they will stay. That does not mean the main thrust of Fiat is to do most of their business in the US. Are you really that gullible? Marachionne also said that Italian Jeeps were headed this way too, but you're rolling right over that one.
Some Chrysler blog, written by the CEO you want to point to in all this. :flame:
LOL, I'm looking for the easiest to to believe what I want to believe? That's some funny stuff right there.

Again, show where he says Italian Jeeps are heading this way.
TheRealVille Wrote:Some Chrysler blog, written by the CEO you want to point to in all this. :flame:
LOL, I'm looking for the easiest to to believe what I want to believe? That's some funny stuff right there.

Again, show where he says Italian Jeeps are heading this way.

To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10...billion#p1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:To counter the severe slump in European sales, Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10...billion#p1
Written by a professor in Italy, not Marchionne. Let's wait for that October 30th announcement before we get our panties in a wad. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:Written by a professor in Italy, not Marchionne. Let's wait for that October 30th announcement before we get our panties in a wad. :biggrin:

I'm sure you can speak to the issue with substatially greater insight. I feel so relieved. Still though, written by a prof in Italy or spoken by a fitter from Painstville. I think I'll stick with my own source if it's all the same. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm sure you can speak to the issue with substatially greater insight. I feel so relieved. Still though, written by a prof in Italy or spoken by a fitter from Painstville. I think I'll stick with my own source if it's all the same. :biggrin:
Ok. From your link:

Quote: said Giuseppe Berta, a professor at Bocconi University in Milan who has written several books on Fiat and has worked as a company historian.
TheRealVille Wrote:Ok. From your link:

Nobody buys your hazing attempts RV.
This is exactly, verbatim - the quotes from Chrysler execs:

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually
make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is
also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s
Auburn Hills, Michigan,
headquarters.
“We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as
“should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep
portfolio.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21...limbs.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Nobody buys your hazing attempts RV.
This is exactly, verbatim - the quotes from Chrysler execs:

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually
make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is
also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s
Auburn Hills, Michigan,
headquarters.
“We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as
“should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep
portfolio
.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21...limbs.html
Confusednicker:Reading comprehension problem, again?

Making all Jeep models in China. :biggrin: The CEO has already explained this. China Jeeps are for the China market. You think they might mean making all of the different models of Jeep for China? "All of the Jeep portfolio(models), or some of the Jeep portfolio(models)"?

Quote:Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.
Confusednicker:

[YOUTUBE="Romney supporters in Ohio"]nY0M7IdNl7U[/YOUTUBE]
TheRealVille Wrote:Confusednicker:Reading comprehension problem, again?

Making all Jeep models in China. :biggrin: The CEO has already explained this. China Jeeps are for the China market. You think they might mean making all of the different models of Jeep for China? "All of the Jeep portfolio(models), or some of the Jeep portfolio(models)"?

LOL, I'd rather have a reading comprehension problem than to be the only guy on this site that is so gullible he doesn't know what to believe until he squares it with Obama talking points. The more you wiggle around the more you make my point for me. Foreign made Jeeps are headed this way, I didn't say that Marchionne did. He has a tendency to be a bit more candid when not speaking with Americans. I know you're feeling the pressure to try to bail out history's worst president and all but, I tend to rely on information from somewhat higher sources than you. If you want to believe Jeep will keep building products in the US which cost far more than Chinese products, I disagree. Romney's conclusions are based on experience, (in his case vast by comparison to you and Obama put together, and information) Well paid Chinese workers make about $600.00 dollars a month. If that's based on an 8 hour day, and I sincerely doubt it is, that works out to $3.75 an hour. No benefits. The UAW average wage is $6,400.00 a month or $40.00 dollars an hour and includes a pension and medical. In my view, it is a matter of time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, I'd rather have a reading comprehension problem than to be the only guy on this site that is so gullible he doesn't know what to believe until he squares it with Obama talking points. The more you wiggle around the more you make my point for me. Foreign made Jeeps are headed this way, I didn't say that Marchionne did. He has a tendency to be a bit more candid when not speaking with Americans. I know you're feeling the pressure to try to bail out history's worst president and all but, I tend to rely on information from somewhat higher sources than you. If you want to believe Jeep will keep building products in the US which cost far more than Chinese products, I disagree. Romney's conclusions are based on experience, (in his case vast by comparison to you and Obama put together, and information) Well paid Chinese workers make about $600.00 dollars a month. If that's based on an 8 hour day, and I sincerely doubt it is, that works out to $3.75 an hour. No benefits. The UAW average wage is $6,400.00 a month or $40.00 dollars an hour and includes a pension and medical. In my view, it is a matter of time.
Marchionne didn't say anything of the sort. Your view really don't mean anything right now. It is only your speculation. The execs of Jeep state exactly the opposite of your view. If you want to keep posting stuff, trying to twist what it really says, keep on going. I hope you realize that lying will send you to hell as quick as anything else. I have posted non refutable evidence, from your own links nonetheless, that clearly shows that you are posting falsehoods.
TheRealVille Wrote:Marchionne didn't say anything of the sort. Your view really don't mean anything right now. It is only your speculation. The execs of Jeep state exactly the opposite of your view. If you want to keep posting stuff, trying to twist what it really says, keep on going. I hope you realize that lying will send you to hell as quick as anything else. I have posted non refutable evidence, from your own links nonetheless, that clearly shows that you are posting falsehoods.

Now you know what Marchionne says or doesn't say? Irrefutable? You're evidence is copied just like mine is. Let me give you my idea of irrefutable, my salvation question was settled the day I was washed in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus. He died on the cross willingly so that those of us who choose to accept Him, "by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2: 8-9, don't have to worry about it anymore. But, thanks for your concern.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]