Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Band of Gold takes 2nd at State!
Congrats to Hazard Band of Gold for takings state runner up. Fora small band they do awesome. On a personal note LCC Band has really gotten better, and hopefully if we get some funding we can compete next year. :rockon::Clap::Thumbs::worthy:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Thanks cougarpride. We are very proud of the Band of Gold. These kids work very hard and this year it paid off for them. Our little band, with 20+ members lost to Beechwood, with 120+ members, by only half a point. I have a few of the kids in Letcher's band on facebook so I have been able to keep up with how well they have done this year. The LCC band kids have always been very supportive of the Band of Gold and we appreciate that.

[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fa...oflbot.jpg]
If we could just get some way of raising money, we could go to region and state every year and compete.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The Band of Gold does fundraisers all year long. They have a turkey dinner and a Mother's Day dinner, they sell plants in the spring and poinsettias and fruit for Christmas, they have bingo every week, they host and work the mine-safety training every summer....that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I hope that LCC can raise the money and start competing. The kids love it.
Talk to the band director and he said he is coming up with a few ideas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!