Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Whitley County 11/2
Thoughts?
Some say North Laurel is much improved.
Nelson seems to be a pretty good back.

WC 38
NL 13
Not seen NL play but I have to give them a chance....
NL is very capable of playing with WC, but they haven't been very consistent. The Jags will run the ball 70-80% with the occasional big pass play. Nelson has some speed and will try to get the edge. He also punts and will run on 4th & short if not contained. If Whitley can limit the big plays, then they should walk a way with a solid win. If they allow NL to take advantage of Nelson's speed, then NL could pull the upset.

This will be a difficult match up for WC.
WC rolls...easily!
Have to take WC!!
North laurel 34 whitley co 24 Confusedhh:ConfusedhhConfusedleeper team GO NORTH Confusedmoke:
I heard nelson tore his tricep in practice and was out for the year.
fence jumper Wrote:I heard nelson tore his tricep in practice and was out for the year.

If true, WC dominates.
^
WC will dominate anyways.
If theres one thing we dont let up on its Laurel County teams...
Is that because there the only ones u can beat lol
^
Not only is that an inaccurate statement its an uneducated one.

I know you have the internet so please go to khsaa.org to see what weve done, in the past, present, and watch for a few weeks at what we will do in the future.
Whitley County by at least 3 scores
Close game toss up with Nelson, without Whitley by 21.
^
I hope he plays.

Except for the senior we lost to a broke arm last week, we should finally be in full force.

The only games i remember having every starter this year were Bell County, Rockcastle, Perry, and Letcher.
If Nelson plays this could be an upset in the making but without him no way the jags can hang with WC, best of luck to both teams!!!
With Nelson NL 20 WC 17
Without Nelson WC 21 NL 7
Im surprised at all of the pics for North Laurel, the same team that was beat by Pulaski and couldnt even finish second in the weakest district in 5A.

That same Pulaski team scrimmaged Whitley, and it was like 35-0 (they didnt keep score, but we scored 5 times and Pulaski didnt) before both teams JV went in. Im sure Pulaski has improved, but so has Whitley.

Ill be honest, ill be very surprised if NL can stay within 4 TD's...

They barely got by SW....They did play Russell County tough, but every team has a bad week....
Don't matter if Nelson plays or not. Whitley by many points.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im surprised at all of the pics for North Laurel, the same team that was beat by Pulaski and couldnt even finish second in the weakest district in 5A.

That same Pulaski team scrimmaged Whitley, and it was like 35-0 (they didnt keep score, but we scored 5 times and Pulaski didnt) before both teams JV went in. Im sure Pulaski has improved, but so has Whitley.

Ill be honest, ill be very surprised if NL can stay within 4 TD's...

They barely got by SW....They did play Russell County tough, but every team has a bad week....

For a moderator to get on here and simply put down a team like you do I have to wonder how you became a moderator. Maybe no one cares for your team due to lack of respect you show others.
I say Whitley rolls over NL. Whitley is too big and too physical. NL's speed will keep them competitive for a while but big Boss Bryant and company are gonna win this one.

Whitley County 42
North Laurel 14
I haven't seen North Laurel play this year, but know how physical WC can be!!

I'm going to take Whitley County by 21.
With Nelson NL has the fastest guy on the field. Occasionally, they'll line him up wide or in the slot on a wheel route and throw over the top. Whitley Co does not have anyone on the team that can match his speed.

NL just hasn't been consistent, in the game against PC they were up big at half time, and came out and did nothing. If 1)they can put together a full 4 Qtrs of football, and if 2)they have Nelson at 100%, they can hang with WC. Those are two big ifs, and anything less will result in a 20+ point WC win.
West 80 Wrote:For a moderator to get on here and simply put down a team like you do I have to wonder how you became a moderator. Maybe no one cares for your team due to lack of respect you show others.
Agree
Loosing such a player as Michael Nelson, will hurt North Laurel. However, this team will still perform well. Other players such as Blair, Lewis, and Hodges must step up and play at a higher level. Sometimes an event will make a team play even better. Let's see if this may be the case with this team. If the Jaguars are in this game with or without Nelson maybe RIUTG will give some respect to these young men. Maybe this will be WC's week to play bad? Hmmmm something to think about! GO JAGS.
West 80 Wrote:For a moderator to get on here and simply put down a team like you do I have to wonder how you became a moderator. Maybe no one cares for your team due to lack of respect you show others.

Because North Laurel has traditionally SUCKED.
Thats why im putting down your team.

Dont start crying on a message board.

I just love getting to beat up on Laurel County. I wish they would let you all have some of Souths players to so we could get a two for one deal.
meat loaf Wrote:Agree

:Sad04:
JagSwag Wrote:Loosing such a player as Michael Nelson, will hurt North Laurel. However, this team will still perform well. Other players such as Blair, Lewis, and Hodges must step up and play at a higher level. Sometimes an event will make a team play even better. Let's see if this may be the case with this team. If the Jaguars are in this game with or without Nelson maybe RIUTG will give some respect to these young men. Maybe this will be WC's week to play bad? Hmmmm something to think about! GO JAGS.

If Nelson does play or doesnt play this will be 3 TD game atleast.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because North Laurel has traditionally SUCKED.

I just love getting to beat up on Laurel County. I wish they would let you all have some of Souths players to so we could get a two for one deal.

Coming from a team that has won how many district and region titles at Whitley. You could at least act like you have been there before, but you havent.
:getwell:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because North Laurel has traditionally SUCKED.

:getwell: I hope you feel better after Friday.
i see this game closer than most Whitley fans. Larke plays the same ball as Daddy but just don't have them BIG OLE BEARS like Daddy. I also hear that Esidro is doubtful to play. I'm going with the Colonels in a close one.

Whitley 35
North 27
:Shaking::yum::Shaking::yum::Shaking: