Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunder trade SG Harden to Rockets
The Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
This just might make Perry Jones III the Rookie of the Year since he will be the new 6th man
Thunder will get 2 first round draft picks and a second round draft pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/856286...on-rockets
BIG BIG mistake by Thunder.
Harden was a BIG BIG piece of their offense.
They trade him for absolutely nothing..
Lose lose situatin for them.
IDC if it is 2 future first round draft picks..
They still would have to prove theirself in the NBA..
Harden has proven he is a good player, this may be a loss for them.
I think the issue was harden wasnt going to resign with the thunder. A Star doesnt want to come off the bench.
^ I agree completely. He is the one individual that I felt for the most in the olympic gold medal game. I felt he should have played, but only got in for the last clean-up minutes. To me, this guy is a starter and deserves to be paid and treated as a starter. Sure, he may have sacrificed a run at a title in the short run, but he will be good for a Rocket team that truly wants to compete. I like the guy and wish him an All-Star caliber career.
I wonder what the analysts will say about the Thunder's chances now? Are they still a playoff team? I would think so, but that is a big hit to take. Kevin Martin is an excellent scorer but is a defensive liability. He was great in Sacramento but I do not know how he will fare in OKC.
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree completely. He is the one individual that I felt for the most in the olympic gold medal game. I felt he should have played, but only got in for the last clean-up minutes. To me, this guy is a starter and deserves to be paid and treated as a starter. Sure, he may have sacrificed a run at a title in the short run, but he will be good for a Rocket team that truly wants to compete. I like the guy and wish him an All-Star caliber career.

All about the money. And i do not blame him.
The Thunder had to do this.
I saw on NBAtv the other day where the players were starting to dodge the media because of the heat they were taking over Harden's contract.
They gave up Harden and some scrandies to pick up a legit PG, a rookie that could come in and contribute immediately and some big-time draft picks.
Does anyone know if this saves them any cap room?
Harden is expected to sign long term with the Rockets according to ESPN.com
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree completely. He is the one individual that I felt for the most in the olympic gold medal game. I felt he should have played, but only got in for the last clean-up minutes. To me, this guy is a starter and deserves to be paid and treated as a starter. Sure, he may have sacrificed a run at a title in the short run, but he will be good for a Rocket team that truly wants to compete. I like the guy and wish him an All-Star caliber career.

I hope he does well with the Rockets as well...
but I think Harden is at his best when he's used as a role-player.
He was phenomenal at that when he was in OKC, but I think the Rockets will need more from Harden than he's able to give.

I hope I'm wrong - because I wish the guy the best...
but when you have a decent big man in the paint in Perkins, Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook on the same team - it can be an opportunity for someone to come off the bench and fill it up like Harden did.

Let's see how Harden does when defenses start to key on him.
I think both teams won in this trade. Im a huge OKC fan, and I hate to see Harden go...he was probably my favorite player on the team. The Rockets get a guy who is a potential star if he plays up to the potential he has shown coming off the bench. The Thunder pick up a PG who can back Westbrook up, and Lamb who will be a stud with the 2nd team. Lamb will be in the role he thrived in at Uconn, a role player who is counted on to shoot the ball and not expected to carry the team like he was his last year at Uconn. Those 2 and future picks for a #3 pick that most likely was never going to do anything besides make spot starts for this team.
I honestly think the Thunder got the better end of this...
they sold Harden while his stock was high and if they keep the core they have right now - when those draft picks come in they will be a multiple-championship team.
I agree. It's hard to lose Harden, but Lamb and Martin can contribute now. With the 2 future 1st round picks with what is already in place this could be your next dynasty team.

In 2 years Kobe will be retired, most of the Celtics current team will be retired, and the trio in Miami will be broken up. OKC in the mean time will be adding pieces to complete their team.
zaga_fan Wrote:I hope he does well with the Rockets as well...
He was phenomenal at that when he was in OKC, but I think the Rockets will need more from Harden than he's able to give.

but when you have a decent big man in the paint in Perkins, Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook on the same team - it can be an opportunity for someone to come off the bench and fill it up like Harden did.

Lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I hope he does well with the Rockets as well...

LOL well u were... LOL sorry good friend
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:LOL well u were... LOL sorry good friend

I've already conceded defeat in regards to that statement on the game threads lol

Believe it or not - I'm still not sold on him just yet.
I think he's going to cool down into mediocrity just like Jeremy Lin did.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've already conceded defeat in regards to that statement on the game threads lol

Believe it or not - I'm still not sold on him just yet.
I think he's going to cool down into mediocrity just like Jeremy Lin did.

I think he will cold down some.... BUT Harden is an All-Star.

Fact- Harden beat my Spurs last year in conf finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good for both teams. Immediate impact for Houston. Harden is a player. Long term for Thunder. They would not have been able to resign Harden. Picked up a couple of good players plus two 1st round picks.