Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard state draw, or sub section!
PHSForever Wrote:But that is my point. Nowhere close that allows them to have "tournaments" really, so it is kind of pointless in some people's minds to start a league here when all the games would be away. And yes, there is a conflict for practice and games/tournaments, as explained by the coach last year. It is one of the reasons we were unable to really field a team. Additionally, when you factor in driving 3 hours roundtrip for practice only with some of these clubs 2-3 times a week, it gets cost prohibitive for many families. Games only, I would see your point, but you are failing to consider the practice aspect.

You have to understand that even in populated areas, like where I live, you are lucky to get 1 tournament a year that's within 50 miles. Club Volleyball is all about driving to Lexington, Louisville, Columbus, Indianapolis, Dayton, and other places like that. There are no home leagues or tournaments. Thats the way it is. If you say you are already used to driving far to rival High Schools, then this shouldn't be much of a problem.
Letcher Central to Lexington = 147 miles one way

Letcher Central to Louisville = 220 miles one way

Letcher Central to Covington = 222 miles one way
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Letcher Central to Lexington = 147 miles one way

Letcher Central to Louisville = 220 miles one way

Letcher Central to Covington = 222 miles one way

That mileage is for tournaments, which are 1 or 2 a year in each place, not for practice. Here's my suggestions:

>There are 2 clubs in Kingsport, TN - that's only 75 miles each way from LCC. In fact, there may be others close in SW Virginia too - look them up at USAVolleyball.org

>start your own local club

>leave rural kentucky and move to Boone County where you can join any number of volleyball clubs. Amazon.com is looking to hire hundreds of people for it's new facility http://www.lex18.com/news/amazon-to-hire...y-facility
mrknowitball Wrote:That mileage is for tournaments, which are 1 or 2 a year in each place, not for practice. Here's my suggestions:

>There are 2 clubs in Kingsport, TN - that's only 75 miles each way from LCC. In fact, there may be others close in SW Virginia too - look them up at USAVolleyball.org

>start your own local club

>leave rural kentucky and move to Boone County where you can join any number of volleyball clubs. Amazon.com is looking to hire hundreds of people for it's new facility http://www.lex18.com/news/amazon-to-hire...y-facility

No thanks! Amazon.com would be a big pay cut for me.
Just to change the negative area of the thread, how is our young ladies looking? Haven't been to any practice but wanting to know anyone standing out as leader. We lost quite a bit from last years team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]