Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cougar Junior runs personal best at Lexington Catholic Inv.
Letcher Co Central junior Chase Cates who is the overal favorite for individual region champ ran a personal best of 17:45:41 in the 5000m placing him 26th out 186 runners. Overal the team placed 11th out of 23 schools. The cougar boys will be going for there 4th straight region tournament at Harlan Co this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Excellent race for Cates. Have watched him grow as a runner over the past few years as a spectator. I look forward to seeing his race at region against the Ventura kid from Powell. He ran 17:06 this weekend, but was a much easier course that the Horse Park (where Cates ran). Should be a great battle between them for the individual title.
Scary thingies heis a junior.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Agreed. Plus all the talent around him on the team will only make him better. I'm excited to see the regional meet.
They have a lot coming back next year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

You're right...I think they only have one senior on a loaded team.
Heard Cordia will be back to their old State Championship ways next year... With 5 boys under 16:30...? Just what I heard...They've got an 8th grader running sub 17s.
Very impressive
bmf Wrote:Heard Cordia will be back to their old State Championship ways next year... With 5 boys under 16:30...? Just what I heard...They've got an 8th grader running sub 17s.

An 8th grader running sub 17? I have to see that to believe it, it is very very unusual for boys to run that good at such an early age. Do you have a name of the 8th grader? I would love to check out his results on the CC site.
Rhodrick Rodes there cross country coach?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Rhodrick Rodes there cross country coach?

No coach,just a huge CC fan; have daughters who run. I think CC is the toughest sport in HS and my hat goes off to the kid who finishes first as well as the kid who finishes last.
No they said they started a cross country team in Cordia and I was wondering who there coach is going to be,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

bmf Wrote:Heard Cordia will be back to their old State Championship ways next year... With 5 boys under 16:30...? Just what I heard...They've got an 8th grader running sub 17s.
huh?
They only had 1 last year with a sub 20:00.
http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/cord
Yep...sucked last year watch out next year. Rhodes won't be coachin; an All-American XC runner who graduated from Cordia will be coaching...hear say Im sure.
Good luck to the Coria Lions and in the Class A circuit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!