Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Basketball
Instead of "Free Enes" PCC's new slogan will be "Free Justin". T-Shirts are currently on sale at John C. Combs Arena.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Whether he has to prove himself or not has nothing to do with his elgiability

I agree!!! Its just not as big of a deal to him. He knows where he is going to college and thats way b4 he came to PCC. Wouldnt surprise me at all if his family fought the ruling if its ineligible. JMO!!!!
If you had a kid just as good as Johnson and he was at a school, perhaps Sheldon Clark, where there was no talent around him, wouldn't you want your kid to get better by playing with kids who will make him an all around better player? Can't blame the kid for wanting a better team.
This last post is idiotic. Of course you want your kid to play with talent that is what college is for.. Tim couch played for little Leslie county and went on to be the number one draft pick in the nfl. Johnson was receiving interest from colleges at sc. Sc with Johnson would be just as good if not better team than perry. I like Justin and wish him the best but this was dirty business from the start. His parents were naive to think that this would be allowed to go on. Now come on back to good ole Martin co. Inez doesn't have all the oceanfront property, lol, that hazard does but it is home.. Get Justin away from the con man, crook, coach that took advantage of you to get himself a better job.
I probably would and wouldn't mind if that's the case if he wasn't eligible because I didn't follow the rules as established by my state's athletic association.
Secret Agent 007 Wrote:If you had a kid just as good as Johnson and he was at a school, perhaps Sheldon Clark, where there was no talent around him, wouldn't you want your kid to get better by playing with kids who will make him an all around better player? Can't blame the kid for wanting a better team.

So what your saying is if Spurlock had stayed at SC Johnson would have still transferred to Perry.
I would do the same secret agent. IMO, he followed the rules set by khsaa with a move of over 100 miles WITH his entire and mother obtained a better job than she had before NOT for pcc but for another company. This is discrimination because he is a high profile player, that's all it can be. I'm sure we can name several situations a lot less legit than this where the kid was ruled eligible. Heck, pcc had a kid that transferred to HHS last yr and was eligible in a week without a change of address and he had played in 3 or 4 varsity games. The move was surely for athletic gain but it's almost impossible to prove. The reason for the quick eligible ruling was because he wasn't a high profile player in the eyes of khsaa. I think it's time the khsaa makes the rules black or white and not 50 shades of grey(no pun intended). They allow the loopholes within the rules to b selectively enforce. That's why I have the biggest problem with these rulings. The bylaws say nothing about the abilities of the kid having anything to do with the outcome of the ruling. But I think we ALL know this just isn't the case.
I mean he's 16 years old and I'm sure basketball and girls is the only thing on his mind. He's getting a scholarship to college and he's getting an education. Isn't that the only thing that really matters?
Secret Agent 007 Wrote:I mean he's 16 years old and I'm sure basketball and girls is the only thing on his mind. He's getting a scholarship to college and he's getting an education. Isn't that the only thing that really matters?

The same two things he was getting at Sheldon Clark !!!
ballstar Wrote:I would do the same secret agent. IMO, he followed the rules set by khsaa with a move of over 100 miles WITH his entire and mother obtained a better job than she had before NOT for pcc but for another company. This is discrimination because he is a high profile player, that's all it can be. I'm sure we can name several situations a lot less legit than this where the kid was ruled eligible. Heck, pcc had a kid that transferred to HHS last yr and was eligible in a week without a change of address and he had played in 3 or 4 varsity games. The move was surely for athletic gain but it's almost impossible to prove. The reason for the quick eligible ruling was because he wasn't a high profile player in the eyes of khsaa. I think it's time the khsaa makes the rules black or white and not 50 shades of grey(no pun intended). They allow the loopholes within the rules to b selectively enforce. That's why I have the biggest problem with these rulings. The bylaws say nothing about the abilities of the kid having anything to do with the outcome of the ruling. But I think we ALL know this just isn't the case.

I heard the mother's job didn't pan out the way it was supposed to and she was making less money and not too happy!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I heard the mother's job didn't pan out the way it was supposed to and she was making less money and not too happy!

Once again - thank you for you brilliant insight on everything Perry County.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I heard the mother's job didn't pan out the way it was supposed to and she was making less money and not too happy!

LOL, she was suppose to be working in the make-up section at Magic Mart but they moved her to the fishing pole/sporting goods section. This guy seriously has no idea what he is talking about. No where in any of his posts is he close to the true. No GOD have mercy on your soul!!!!!
bball2195 Wrote:

The same two things he was getting at Sheldon Clark !!!

But was he bettering himself at Sheldon Clark? No. He had no one to build around him. Is he bettering him self at Perry County? Yes. He has a point guard and a PF/C to where Johnson can play a true SF/PF position like he would in college. Face it, Martin County is like the dump of America. It's a place where I definitely wouldn't want to raise my kids. The academics and sports are just getting worse as we speak and the biggest shopping place was a Family Dollar? So give his family respect for wanting there son to be a better player.
Inez does have a Recreation Center that is 10 times better than ANYTHING in Perry County. They at least have something for KIDS to do over there. We got a whooping skateboard park in Perry County. WOW. I admit, there is no walmart in Inez, but who really needs a walmart? Hazard is probably a better place for SOME PEOPLE to live but Martin County is about all anyone needs. But the thing about this matter that really irks me is that the Johnson's wanted to move. They moved 100 miles like ballstar said. A legit move, a legit change in address. So what Johnson wants to play for Spurlock. His entire family moved. Dont really matter if it was for academics, athletics, or fly fishing. He moved and the whole family has a life style change. Let the friggin boy play. KHSAA doesnt own Johnson do they? This is almost like slavery to me. At least Johnson didnt move in with his mysterious uncle Chester Rose.
The_Rock Wrote:Inez does have a Recreation Center that is 10 times better than ANYTHING in Perry County. They at least have something for KIDS to do over there. We got a whooping skateboard park in Perry County. WOW. I admit, there is no walmart in Inez, but who really needs a walmart? Hazard is probably a better place for SOME PEOPLE to live but Martin County is about all anyone needs. But the thing about this matter that really irks me is that the Johnson's wanted to move. They moved 100 miles like ballstar said. A legit move, a legit change in address. So what Johnson wants to play for Spurlock. His entire family moved. Dont really matter if it was for academics, athletics, or fly fishing. He moved and the whole family has a life style change. Let the friggin boy play. KHSAA doesnt own Johnson do they? This is almost like slavery to me. At least Johnson didnt move in with his mysterious uncle Chester Rose.

I agree completely, the KHSAA rules say that you have to change your address and a move 100 miles, Johnson done that. He followed the rules that KHSAA put in place, how can you not rule him eligible? The KHSAA is crooked, along with other sports organizations like the NCAA for example. If he followed the very guidelines you put in place then you shouldn't have anything to say about it point-blank!
I have no idea were he lived in Martin co. or were he moved to in Perry co. but if he went from Inez to Hazard he did not move 100 miles.
It may not be 100 but its pretty darn close to it. Far enough where one would probably not commute each day.
The_Rock Wrote:Inez does have a Recreation Center that is 10 times better than ANYTHING in Perry County. They at least have something for KIDS to do over there. We got a whooping skateboard park in Perry County. WOW. I admit, there is no walmart in Inez, but who really needs a walmart? Hazard is probably a better place for SOME PEOPLE to live but Martin County is about all anyone needs. But the thing about this matter that really irks me is that the Johnson's wanted to move. They moved 100 miles like ballstar said. A legit move, a legit change in address. So what Johnson wants to play for Spurlock. His entire family moved. Dont really matter if it was for academics, athletics, or fly fishing. He moved and the whole family has a life style change. Let the friggin boy play. KHSAA doesnt own Johnson do they? This is almost like slavery to me. At least Johnson didnt move in with his mysterious uncle Chester Rose.

Nice!! :Clap:
It might be 65 miles from Inez to Hazard......but that still doesn't make it wrong.

The story I heard was this young man woke up in the middle of the night and missed his coach so bad, he woke up the whole family and talked them into moving from their home in Martin County and move to Perry County so he could be reunited with his mentor and coach. Of course that all happened after a few other coaches had been to his house trying to conveince him to move to their town once they heard he was being shopped around.,
Yes I hear he Johnson was pretty torn up. Waking up crying and everything. Fact of the matter is, you have a coach that you love and trust, you want to stay with that coach. I never liked any of mine so I wouldnt of known how Johnson felt. Johnson and his family packed up the shop and left Inez to start a new life in Hazard. Legit move. Eligible, no questions asked.
Olderthandirt Wrote:It might be 65 miles from Inez to Hazard......but that still doesn't make it wrong.

The story I heard was this young man woke up in the middle of the night and missed his coach so bad, he woke up the whole family and talked them into moving from their home in Martin County and move to Perry County so he could be reunited with his mentor and coach. Of course that all happened after a few other coaches had been to his house trying to conveince him to move to their town once they heard he was being shopped around.,

Its 75 miles and travel time is 1 hour and 34 mins on Mapquest. Dont know anything about the dream but its possible, lol. I just dont see anything wrong with what the johnson's did here. If I had a coach I trusted and truly believed in I would do the same. I dont see anything wrong with that, JMO!!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Easy there ballstar, it may be dumb but it is in the KHSAA Handbook. Look it up your self. I was smart enough to do that!

Ok, how about this one. The bylaw says a change of address. I got that and its easy to see that he did that. Everyone keeps saying Hudson was released and no one contested it. What bylaw is that!!!!!!!! I wasnt under the assumption that had ANYTHING to do with the ruling!!!!!!!!!!
The_Rock Wrote:Yes I hear he Johnson was pretty torn up. Waking up crying and everything. Fact of the matter is, you have a coach that you love and trust, you want to stay with that coach. I never liked any of mine so I wouldnt of known how Johnson felt. Johnson and his family packed up the shop and left Inez to start a new life in Hazard. Legit move. Eligible, no questions asked.

^The move is 100% legit. But listen to what your sayin. Yes, Spurlock is his mentor and I agree with him wanting to play for him the rest of his high school career. But WHY did Johnson move to Perry County and enroll at Perry Central? Basketball. If the move was influenced by any type of sports related purpose(which yourself just stated it was) then the move looks curupted to the KHSAA. I want justin eligible, but everyone is saying he moved end of story. This case is different from alot of others due to Spurlock taking the Perry Central job and Johnson following. Hudson moved, Justice moved, Johnson moved. Now compare and contrast the three situations and you will find the difference. Moves may have been shorter or longer then others but only 1 of these 3 kids followed a BASKETBALL coach that isnt a relative 2 days after the coach left.
It sure looks like Spurlock left and coerced Johnson to leave and follow him. I'd also bet that bringing Johnson with him may have clinched his position for hire. My guess is that he gambled with Johnson's eligibility by talking him into moving. If he's ineligible, you have some parents that took bad advice from a coach that had one thing in mind, and that was his gain, with no regard for the kid.

And I'm sure I'll get the standard "Coach Spurlock is a fine man with the kid's best interest in mind" refrain. Spare me please. If that's the truth, I bet those Sheldon Clark kids feel the Spurlock love.
Chris Hudson moved from Cordia to Hazard for one reason...to play basketball for Hazard because he thought he would get more attention at Hazard. By the way, it's six miles if you are measuring. Don't insult anyone's intelligence by spouting any other reason. If Hudson is eligible, the PCC boy should be also.
RoyHobbs Wrote:Chris Hudson moved from Cordia to Hazard for one reason...to play basketball for Hazard because he thought he would get more attention at Hazard. By the way, it's six miles if you are measuring. Don't insult anyone's intelligence by spouting any other reason. If Hudson is eligible, the PCC boy should be also.

Cordia moved Hudson's uncle here...

Hazard moved Hudson's mother here...

If your going to do it do it right.

Hudson and Johnson are two different cases. Sheldon Clark waited as long as they could to send the papers back on Johnson. Sheldon Clark is the reason Justin Johnson ain't playing right now. Cordia didn't care about Hudson.

Perry Central will file on Nov 14th. Then KHSAA has 50 days and they will take all 50 days.. So Justin Johnson should be playing late Dec or early Jan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Cordia moved Hudson's uncle here...

Hazard moved Hudson's mother here...

If your going to do it do it right.

Hudson and Johnson are two different cases. Sheldon Clark waited as long as they could to send the papers back on Johnson. Sheldon Clark is the reason Justin Johnson ain't playing right now. Cordia didn't care about Hudson.

Perry Central will file on Nov 14th. Then KHSAA has 50 days and they will take all 50 days.. So Justin Johnson should be playing late Dec or early Jan.

The single most legit post on here in a while lol
Not sure why the Hudson and Johnson thing is so hard to understand. I posted a couple weeks ago the reason Hudson is eligible, because Cordia didn't contest the move.

Are we certain that Sheldon Clark is the only school to contest the Johnson move? I have heard a few rumblings that another school may be involved in fighting the transfer.
I've seen Coach Spurlock teams at Clay And Shelton Clark and for the life of me I don't know why you pick up your family and move. There has to be lot better program than Perry, if a family going to make this type of commitment.I don't fault the family for trying to better there son.
All of the talk about Johnson, but I believe the big move in Perry Co. is Hudson.