Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hits you seen the year so far??
Time to find out who has been laying the wood this year!! Who has had some monster hits this year???
My vote is for Williamsburg freshman Austin Huskey's hit on Harlan senior QB Ty Saragas on 8/24/12. See it on the highlight video at the following link. Skip to the 5:30 mark to see the hit. For some reason, the video editor chose to show the hit in slow motion... HUH?

Here are 3-4 big hits from Frankfort's QB

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/368235/highlights/25152374
Whitley forced a fumble in the game against Perry that involved Pray getting rag-dolled...
it looked bad lol

And last week in the Perry Letcher game (I know, I know) there was a pretty good one. Don't remember who it was for the life of me - but basically one kid got stood up after a fumble recovery and a second defender came in and cleaned up - the helmet shot a few yards into the air lol
rc58 Wrote:

:lame: The greatest feeling is getting hit that hard, but popping up and showing you made that catch. That's more impressing than the hit.
Whoever put together the highlight film for Russell vs. Pulaski should be ashamed. You show only two hits and the first one was an illegal hit to the head where the defender was penalized. If this were the NFL the Russell player would have been fined and maybe suspended.

To glorify this kind of dangerous hit is just an encouragement for these impressionable young men to do more of the same. "If you want to make the highlight reel, you gotta go headhunting." That's the message this video sends.

Everybody likes to see good aggressive play and solid hits, but no one wants to see a kid get crippled. Would you have posted this video if the Pulaski kid were in a wheelchair right now?

To celebrate this kind of thing just makes it more likely that a serious injury could occur. God forbid, but the next kid to end up in a wheelchair could be a Laker.

Whoever posted this video should take it down. It has no place here.
Avery Bullock Wrote:You show only two hits and the first one was an illegal hit to the head where the defender was penalized.

Except it wasn't helmet to helmet.
baller4lyfe Wrote:Except it wasn't helmet to helmet.

Then why does the official (at the :33 mark in the video) look back towards the referee and tap himself on the head? It's a clear indication that he is signifying helmet to helmet. If you look closely at the replay from the angle behind the offense, you can see the crown of the defender's helmet hit the receiver's helmet.

No more debate is needed when the evidence is so clear. It was an illegal helmet to helmet hit... stop trying to defend a clear foul.
Actualy no, if someone was hurt i wouldnt have posted the hit.This is a contact sport or used to be ,i think they everyone understands that you can be hurt playing.
Maybe the next Lakers highlight video can include a play where an opponent gets pulled down by the facemask... or maybe takes a cleat to the groin after the play.

With the year the Lakers are having, surely they've had a few good LEGAL hits.:why: