Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ashland 30 boyd co 14 freshman
This group is coming together nicely an looking solid, even without there superstar freshman brother Quinton Baker. Just shows the talent coming up when these guys are playing together next 3 years should be some good football.
Congrats they turned it around after falling 36-14 the first time they played Boyd.

I look forward to a good game in the kiwanis bowl on the 25th.
Yes they did! This team has been in need of there own identity. An they got it tonight defense was solid. One score was a kick returned for td. The other was the only td there offense could muster.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Congrats they turned it around after falling 36-14 the first time they played Boyd.

I look forward to a good game in the kiwanis bowl on the 25th.

That first game was much closer than score ended up. We gave of 2 cheap ones with late in the 4th.
That was part of this teams problem they had a tendency to get down on themselves when they got down a score. Last few games that trend has been turned into a renewed confidence in themselves.
Should be a good game for the 60th Kiwanis bowl this year.
Im looking forward to the Kiwanis Bowl. It will be the first one we have ever attended.
Interesting, this Boyd group had never lost to this Ashland group the last couple years. This Ashland group has the potential to have 3/4 kids in the 6' 4" range in a couple years and these guys are skill players. Hope they continue to grow.
washed up Wrote:Interesting, this Boyd group had never lost to this Ashland group the last couple years. This Ashland group has the potential to have 3/4 kids in the 6' 4" range in a couple years and these guys are skill players. Hope they continue to grow.

As 7th graders verity waxed them twice. 8th grade lost 2 to them. from what I remember both were fairly close. First game this year we lose 36-14. Game was much closer but they scored 2 late in 4th to put it out of reach.
Then they played first complete game all year. Dominated them on both sides of the ball. Finally realized they can play even without quinton. Several of these kids will contribute next year on varsity.
Competition within a team for playing time makes everyone better. I agree with you there will be a few of these kids will compete with and push the older kids at their position. Creates depth, good for the team.
How does this freshman class look for the county? Can it be the one that finally gets that program going again?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:How does this freshman class look for the county? Can it be the one that finally gets that program going again?

Got some decent size an few good athletes. Not sure how that will translate to varsity but definetly be better I would think than the recent past.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Got some decent size an few good athletes. Not sure how that will translate to varsity but definetly be better I would think than the recent past.

They seem to have a middle school program that is pretty good it just doesn't usually translate for some reason.
I'm excited to see how Russell does this year. Their freshman team is undefeated and has only allowed 1 score per game other than the Raceland game. They play well together and will have their starting center back by then after an injury from the Ironton game.