Poll: Who do you think will win the 2012 World Series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Orioles (AL)
0%
Rangers (AL)
0%
Yankees (AL)
33.33%
Athletics (AL)
0%
Tigers (AL)
13.33%
Braves (NL)
0%
Cardinals (NL)
0%
Nationals (NL)
6.67%
Reds (NL)
46.67%
Giants (NL)
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Post-Season
Who you got to win the 2012 World Series?

For the team you pick, please give an explanation as to why you are picking that team.

Wild Card Games to be played Friday October 5th

AL - Rangers/Orioles

NL - Cards/Braves
>AL Wild Card Game: (4) Texas over (5) Baltimore

>NL Wild Card Game: (5) St. Louis over (4) Atlanta

>ALDS: (4) Texas over (1) Yankees in 5

>ALDS: (2) Oakland over (3) Detroit in 4

>NLDS: (5) St Louis over (1) Washington in 5

>NLDS: (2) Cincinnati over (3) San Francisco in 5

>ALCS: (2) Oakland over (4) Texas in 6

>NLCS: (2) Cincinnati over (5) St. Louis in 5

World Series: (NL) Reds over (AL) Oakland in 6

REASON: Oakland is red-hot, I believe they can take the Yankees and the Rangers. St. Louis goes almost all the way, because they are red hot also. Reds win it all, because I'm a reds fan. lol
^ I hope.
I'm also taking the Reds simply because I don't like any of yeams that made the playlets from the AL
Reds or Bust.
The Reds have the toughest match-up of any team. San Francisco in the playoffs are always tough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tigers win it all.
>AL Wild Card Game: Baltimore Orioles -over- Texas Rangers

>NL Wild Card Game: Atlanta Braves -over- St' Louis Cardinals

>ALDS: New York Yankees -over- Baltimore Orioles (In 5)

>ALDS: Detroit Tigers -over- Oakland A's (In 5)

>NLDS: Washington Nationals -over- Atlanta Braves (In 4)

>NLDS: Cincinnati Reds -over- San Francisco Giants (In 4)

>ALCS: New York Yankees -over- Detroit Tigers (In 6)

>NLCS: Washington Nationals -over- Cincinnati Reds (In 7)

World Series: New York Yankees -over- Washington Nationals (In 6)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The thing I most def do not want to see is the Reds having to play the Nats in the NLCS(That is if they make it that far, which I think they can.). Ill be nervous the whole D*** time lol.
I'm going with the Reds over the A's in 1990 fashion with a sweep!

-best hitting team in MLS in September
-a better pitching staff and great closer in Chapman
-good talent and depth on the bench if needed
- a crap ton of walk offs this season...great teams make great plays when needed!

My only concern is getting past the Giants. We are 4-3 against them this season and they always play us tough. Also the west coast blues...historically we have struggled out there. If we can beat SF, I believe the Redlegs run down hill, take the NL and sweep the A's to win it all. No one thought it would happen in '90 either.

GO REDLEGGERS!
What about that blown call at the end of the Braves/Cardinals game? How was that an infield fly when the ball was mid-ways in the outfield?
Go Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants wont be easy to beat opening round tho, I hate that matchup.
I love the Reds pitching and defense, but I think their offense will let them down; the offense has been terrible the last month. I think the Tigers will win it all.
Still hate the Reds trade of Hamilton, immagine if we could have him in our outfield instead of Stubbs who can't hit himself out of a paper bag.
Yankees all the way!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

These guys have all the stuff to win it all. never seen a more complete team from 1-9. Cuban missle is awesome. Too bad He'll probably be a Yankee next year.
I know very little about baseball. All I can say is...

GO REDS!!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:I know very little about baseball. All I can say is...

GO REDS!!!!

That is good enough! At least you know who to like. GO REDS!
Strikeout King Wrote:What about that blown call at the end of the Braves/Cardinals game? How was that an infield fly when the ball was mid-ways in the outfield?

Worse than the Seattle-Green Bay jump ball in the endzone. Explains nwhy it took 20 mins. to clear debris from the field of play. One would think this may have givin blue cause to evaluate and change the call ( that may have been too easy ).

I'm not familiar with MLB protocol on changing on a call. Not sure if the ump can overturn a field juge call. Clearly it wasn't an infield fly.
St. Louis over Washington, seriously?! The Cards are going to get spanked...1 down, 2 to go.
I have the Nats winning it all, pitching is so damn good. And their bats are plenty good enough.

Nats vs Yankees, with the Nats taking it in 6.

Who would've thought at the start of the season that the Nationals would be the top seed in the playoffs? And the Orioles and Athletics making it as well? I love it...