•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Debate
I've never thought of Romney as a great communicator, so I was dreading this debate a little. The issue, economy, is so important and I was really afraid he would blow it. I thought both candidates were poised and very well prepared. Romney came out really strong at first, faded down the stretch and ending strong, although not as strong as he started.
Obama faltered twice, IMO. He also kept hitting at 5 trillion cuts with 3 trillion military expenses that they hadn't asked for. I thought he stammered and struggled with Romney's rebuttal on that point. He also faltered on Obamacare, and trying to compare it to Romney's healthcare plan for MA. Surprisingly to me, Romney handled that criticism and actually turned it around some.

I thought Romney won this debate.
What's up with the tax cut though? I thought he was offering a 20% tax cut across the board?
nky Wrote:Obama sent some of those jobs over there also

Many companies had to just to stay in business.
Granny Bear Wrote:I've never thought of Romney as a great communicator, so I was dreading this debate a little. The issue, economy, is so important and I was really afraid he would blow it. I thought both candidates were poised and very well prepared. Romney came out really strong at first, faded down the stretch and ending strong, although not as strong as he started.
Obama faltered twice, IMO. He also kept hitting at 5 trillion cuts with 3 trillion military expenses that they hadn't asked for. I thought he stammered and struggled with Romney's rebuttal on that point. He also faltered on Obamacare, and trying to compare it to Romney's healthcare plan for MA. Surprisingly to me, Romney handled that criticism and actually turned it around some.

I thought Romney won this debate.

Romney a rebuttal? You mean him lying?
LOL MSNBC has now moved on to Romney lied throughout the debate.
WOW have they no shame
I don't even have MSNBC, hahaha.
looking at their ratings your not the only one
There stating the tax cuts that will cause 5 trillion in cuts. Is he not lying?
CNN just declares Romney won the debate.

Again, CNN makes the statement it looks like the president did not look like he wanted to be there.
Would fox have declared Obama the winner had he won?
James Carville........."President looked like he wanted to be some where else. He definately did not bring his A game."
Joe Trippy, Howard Dean's campaign manager, said Romney did himself a lot of good tonight and Obama looked to be on the defensive throughout the debate. I've heard Trippy speak on the issues and party lots of times and he's never been this willing to admit Obama had ever taken any backwater, much less the amount he took tonight.

I knew Obama had his hands full with the task at hand for this evening. Romney showed why he is a force in the business world and Obama has a head ache. LOL

Totally one of the best debates I ever saw. Romney ruled this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Would fox have declared Obama the winner had he won?

I think so.
nky Wrote:LOL MSNBC has now moved on to Romney lied throughout the debate.
WOW have they no shame

And no ratings.
Anyone going to awnser the 20% tax cuts across the board. And how that does not amount to 5trillion in cuts?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Usually every time Romney opens his mouth he makes himself look like an idiot. So im looking forward to it.

I would like to hear Romney's plans. Any of them. Health Care, Economy, He hasnt gave us much details up to this point.

Now say you what?
Bob Seger Wrote:Now say you what?

He set there and lied about his tax cuts that Ryan was talking about yesterday . So yea I would say he didn't do himself any help for the long run. Should be in an ad pretty soon.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Would fox have declared Obama the winner had he won?

They certainly did with John Kerry against Bush in 2004. The first debate that year, Kerry destroyed Bush. Bush, I thought, had a similar showing to what Obama did tonight during that debate. Bush still won though.

Which leads me to say, I'm happy with a Romney win tonight. Not going to get my hopes built up due to the reason state above.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He set there and lied about his tax cuts that Ryan was talking about yesterday . So yea I would say he didn't do himself any help for the long run. Should be in an ad pretty soon.

Were your (or anyone's) opinions influenced after seeing this debate tonight?
Bob Seger Wrote:James Carville........."President looked like he wanted to be some where else. He definately did not bring his A game."
I tweeted that it is a cold day in Hell tonight.
To many debates left.
Bob Seger Wrote:Even the liberal media is saying that this debate could be Obama's worst nightmare, since it's on the economy.

Looks like they were right.
CNN just raves on and on and on over Romney.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:To many debates left.

Yes, there are TWO many presidential debates left.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I tweeted that it is a cold day in Hell tonight.

You saying a blizzard just ran through the swamps of Louisiana?
Bob Seger Wrote:CNN just raves on and on and on over Romney.

Every station, every commentator, every tweet, every pundit haha.

This is one of the greatest debate performances i've ever watched. Did everyone hear the crowd go crazy when Romney left the stage? And see Obama quietly walk off?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:To many debates left.

Doesn't matter. The scewed polls were already tightening up before the debate . Obama wont recover from this one.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He set there and lied about his tax cuts that Ryan was talking about yesterday . So yea I would say he didn't do himself any help for the long run. Should be in an ad pretty soon.

lol....be specific what he lied about.
ronald reagan Wrote:Yes, there are TWO many presidential debates left.

The one in Danville should be a real laugher for Ryan.
Bob Seger Wrote:The one in Danville should be a real laugher for Ryan.

Biden should be able to play himself in the SNL vice presidential debate.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next