Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 26 Pike Central 18 (Pike County Semis)
Final from Johns Creek.

The Panthers avenge a 54-6 thrashing with a win when it matters.

Pikeville jumped on a PC fumble as PC was driving in Pikeville territory with under 3 minutes left Pikeville leading 20-18, Austin Salyer scores from 25 out to push the lead to 26-18 after PC let the Panthers score to get the ball back. A Hail Mary fell incomplete and the Panthers will move on to face Belfry in the Pike County Championship Wednesday night in a rematch from last season where the Panthers came away with a 6-0 win at CAM.

No clue where the game will be. I would just assume play it at CAM than deal with this Pike Central hosting nonsense. The field at Johns Creek to host a County Tournament game, had no scoreboard, no hashes painted on, Grass was only mowed on the every 10 yard lines that were painted. Not every five yards. Seating is not adequate for a game like that. Just poorly handled and if you don't want to mess up your Varsity field, then move it to Belfry and take the gate there.

Hats off to PC. They are well disciplined and really let one mistake cost them. Up to that point, they played nearly perfect football. Seth Conn is an absolute stud! Congrats on a great season and good luck vs. Shelby Valley on Wednesday!

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Pikeville showed they can't play defense so it's Belfry by 3 td's.
Congrats to the young Panthers. Good luck in the co. championship.
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Pikeville showed they can't play defense so it's Belfry by 3 td's.
That's cute.

It seems they played enough tonight. Pikeville D only allowed two Hawk offensive TDs.

Will that translate to Belfry? We will see. Pirates put up 3 TDs last time as well, and while they have more solid skill, they do not have Seth Conn's explosiveness. #10 is a very good player and will be tough but I believe Belfry will rely more on the drive than the big play. The difference is Belfry's D is the best in the County easily and Pikeville will have their work cut out and must sustain drives, win the battle of field position, and not turn the ball over and force a few.

A tall task, but that is why you play the game!

Go Panthers!
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Pikeville showed they can't play defense so it's Belfry by 3 td's.

So what did they do to hold the Hawks to 18 pts? Congrats to the Panthers! Yet another year with Pikeville and Belfry battling for a County Championship. Good luck to both teams!!! Is the game Wed night? Where at?
Holding an explosive Pike Central team to 18 is a task in it's own, trust me in two games this year Belfry holding Central to 14 points was no easy task. If maroon and red is on the same field, it's going to be a good one. Sounds like this was a thrilling game. Hope Pikeville has all their injured kids back, seems like the injury bug had bitten them all season.
Hey PT, where we hooking up at Wednesday? Pike Central or Johns Creek?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Holding an explosive Pike Central team to 18 is a task in it's own, trust me in two games this year Belfry holding Central to 14 points was no easy task. If maroon and red is on the same field, it's going to be a good one. Sounds like this was a thrilling game. Hope Pikeville has all their injured kids back, seems like the injury bug had bitten them all season.
Everyone is back and fairly healthy. With the exception of Tanner Thompson who will miss about 8 months with a broken leg. And that really hurt because of his size and athleticism. It gave Pikeville options on both sides at WR, now teams just lock their best CB on McDonald and it is hard to complete things downfield that way. And Defensively, his range was very good at Safety.

Belfry0304 Wrote:Hey PT, where we hooking up at Wednesday? Pike Central or Johns Creek?

Not a clue. I would almost prefer playing it at CAM and give Pike Central the gate.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Everyone is back and fairly healthy. With the exception of Tanner Thompson who will miss about 8 months with a broken leg. And that really hurt because of his size and athleticism. It gave Pikeville options on both sides at WR, now teams just lock their best CB on McDonald and it is hard to complete things downfield that way. And Defensively, his range was very good at Safety.

Not a clue. I would almost prefer playing it at CAM and give Pike Central the gate.

Should make for a good ball game then. CAM, Pikeville, or Valley ... if Chapman doesn't want us on his field then we should move it to turf. Maybe the two head coaches should take a stand on that one.

By the looks of the score (since there was no visible scoreboard), PC can't play defense. As usual 2 best teams once again playing for the championship.

Good enough D to beat Central, and look at who's playing in the County championship again.:lame:
It's county championship game day. From this Pirate coach to all in Pantherland, God bless!

Go Belfry!
What's Pikeville's record if you want talk 2 best teams, you can't say they are over one lucky night, cause every dog has their day!
Are you trying to insult Pikeville here, or what? Pikeville got closer each game, that's called IMPROVEMENT as season progresses. Teams like Belfry and Pikeville preach that every week. Get better daily.
Bearcat would prob trade the other 2 for the one that mattered. Good luck to both teams tonight. Has it been decided where and when the game will be? Also Belfry0304 you are right on with getting better every week. These county junior high games are unique in the fact that many times you end up playing a particular team 3 times in a season. The team you are a month and a half ago should not be the same team you are come playoff time. Sometimes wins and losses should not be the measuring stick for success in youth football, but what you are now compared to what you were then.
I just want to say JC_Bearcats doesn't speak for everyone from Central Middle, Johns Creek or Mullins so please don't hold their comments against the rest of the team/fans. Good luck to everyone tonight.
JC_Bearcats Wrote:What's Pikeville's record if you want talk 2 best teams, you can't say they are over one lucky night, cause every dog has their day!

All anyone has to do is lok at Pikeville vs PC in any year including this one and you are in the same position, if not worse. PC had a good year and a very good team but it is sad sack losers like you that overlook this and want to cry and make excuses about why you didn't win instead of seeing it for what it was, 2 good teams playing their hearts out.
Don't worry guys, there's a few bad apples on EVERY tree. God bless and good luck against Valley tonight!
Guys I'm sorry just a lil emotional after a lost, just when somebody says the 2 best teams I was just upset that they can't make that claim after PC beat them twice just caught up in the moment and I'm sorry, good luck to the teams tonight.
pike centel is good
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Guys I'm sorry just a lil emotional after a lost, just when somebody says the 2 best teams I was just upset that they can't make that claim after PC beat them twice just caught up in the moment and I'm sorry, good luck to the teams tonight.

PC is a very good team and every bit as good as Pikeville or Belfry and unfortunately came out on the short end after beating Pikeville twice in regular season. There is no reason too hang their heads and they really bounced back against Shelby valley. I will also tell you it takes a man too apologize, and for this sir I tip my hat too you.
Big time win for Pikeville, they have continued all year to improve.
I believe pike central wins 9 out of 10 times, but the 1 in the county tournament is all that matters,
:thatsfunn[quote=jmhsrv1970]PC is a very good team and every bit as good as Pikeville or Belfry and unfortunately came out on the short end after beating Pikeville twice in regular season. There is no reason too hang their heads and they really bounced back against Shelby valley. I will also tell you it takes a man too apologize, and for this sir I tip my hat too
Central should have won this one.
Nice job Pikeville recovering from 2 losses this season to Pike Central.