Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nats/Reds Race
So, both the Nats and Reds sit at 96-63 today. Cincy has clinched their division, and the Nats are one away.

However, both teams have one series left (3 games)

The Reds get St Louis in the road, and the Nats get Philly at home.

These last three games could mean a home field advatage the entire way throughout the playoffs, including world series.

Whats everyones take? I am pleasently surprised at the Reds. I like seeing teams who are not the usual suspect take home the crown. The Nats also fill the model.
Who would win the tiebreaker?
Whats everyones thoughts?
Both teams have it tough.. Cards and Phillies are both red hot at the end of the season, and its gonna be tough for both the Reds and the Nats.

I'm actually hoping it comes down to a tie.. because I think the Reds could win the tie breaker. GO REDS!
Speaking of home field advantage!

I think it is a load of crap how they are doing the series this season.

The Higher seeds have to travel away for the first two games of the series!!! This is crazy!

What happened to the two-two-one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I would preferably see the Reds with the #2 seed, they'll be able to rest up and prep for most likely the Giants.

#1 seed has a wait and see approach with the Wildcard game.
Well, it will either be decided today or be a tie breaker.
^ It's already decided. Nats won today, they are the #1 seed.
Stardust Wrote:^ It's already decided. Nats won today, they are the #1 seed.

Wait.. The Reds play tonight though, and if they win.. it would be tied right? I'm confused.
^ If the Reds win, they will tie with the Nats. Nats win the tiebreaker. Nope, Reds are headed to San Francisco this weekend.
Stardust Wrote:^ If the Reds win, they will tie with the Nats. Nats win the tiebreaker. Nope, Reds are headed to San Francisco this weekend.

Still don't understand how if they are tied, than Nats automaticly win without a tie breaking game, but oh well, I see Nationals are #1 seed, so I will just go with it lol
^ Ties do not decide seeding in the playoffs, only the playoff entrants! Meaning, there is no playoff game for seeding positions for ties! Never has been in any sport.
If tied the tie breaker is the head-to-head records during the season. Nats win that. They are #1 seed. Cinci #2 seed going to SanFran #3, game one Sat.
Let's go Nats! Man, I'm excited for these playoffs, more so than any ever I think. Glad Baltimore has made it too.
What a crazy year for major league baseball.
I hope the Reds can pull it off, id like to see them or the Braves.

However, the Giants are VERY dangerous, im not sure the Reds can get by them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What a crazy year for major league baseball.
I hope the Reds can pull it off, id like to see them or the Braves.

However, the Giants are VERY dangerous, im not sure the Reds can get by them.

If the Reds can beat Cain on Saturday I think they can win the series against SF. If Cueto gets the loss in the opener it is going to be tough for the Reds to win it. Let's go RED LEGS.
^ I'm not as much concerned with them beating Cain as much as them needing to split in SF. As long as they come out of SF with a win, they take the series!
vundy33 Wrote:Let's go Nats! Man, I'm excited for these playoffs, more so than any ever I think. Glad Baltimore has made it too.

Vundy, i'm just curious. How did you get to be a Nationals fan?