Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 20 Paintsville 14
Bobcats beat Tigers tonight at Memorial Field. Tigers had opportunities but blew them, Kash put both scores on the board with the help of Prater but the bad penalties and snaps killed us. I was wrong by saying with three starters out they could not compete. I totally blew that one.
Once again these valiant young Tigers come up just a couple key plays short of a deserved victory. However, the fortitude and will displayed on that field leaves this Tiger For Life hurting for the kids, but proud as Hell of them. Won-Lost Records do mean something, but I have watched every play of every game, and these kids play their guts out on every snap. That makes you a winner on an entirely different level. Love ya' Blue!!!
Apple Days coming up lets play Texas Holdem, Table Tennis, Foosball I mean soccer, Basketball, Baseball? Some kind of Apple Bowl contest? It would be great for the kids in the area. Nothing too physical.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Once again these valiant young Tigers come up just a couple key plays short of a deserved victory. However, the fortitude and will displayed on that field leaves this Tiger For Life hurting for the kids, but proud as Hell of them. Won-Lost Records do mean something, but I have watched every play of every game, and these kids play their guts out on every snap. That makes you a winner on an entirely different level. Love ya' Blue!!!
I agree. The boys played their hearts out last night. This was the best they've played all year. The defense was lights out last night. Betsy Layne had no answer for the Tiger defense. I can't remember how many times Paintsville forced BL to punt. Kash and Prater ran the ball down their throat all night long. If we cut down on the passing game and let those two have more carries I think we pull of the major upset.
Correct me if I'm wrong....

Betsy Layne has won 3 straight games over Paintsville.

Is this the longest winning streak BL has ever had over P-Ville???
EAGLE_CHEER_DAD2016 Wrote:Apple Days coming up lets play Texas Holdem, Table Tennis, Foosball I mean soccer, Basketball, Baseball? Some kind of Apple Bowl contest? It would be great for the kids in the area. Nothing too physical.

They have played the Apple Cup in soccer for the past 5 years. This year being the first time JC has ever won it. The crowds are also getting larger every year and the games are pretty exciting. This years crowd was one of the largest yet!

As for the game. Tigers played well. Kinda got screwed on the fumble they recovered and the officials ended up picking up the beanbag and calling BL down. These boys look totally different from early season. Getting better every game. Keep your heads up TIGERS !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:They have played the Apple Cup in soccer for the past 5 years. This year being the first time JC has ever won it. The crowds are also getting larger every year and the games are pretty exciting. This years crowd was one of the largest yet!

As for the game. Tigers played well. Kinda got screwed on the fumble they recovered and the officials ended up picking up the beanbag and calling BL down. These boys look totally different from early season. Getting better every game. Keep your heads up TIGERS !

Going from The Apple Bowl in football to the Apple Cup in soccer........ FAIL!!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:These boys look totally different from early season. Getting better every game. Keep your heads up TIGERS !

Great to hear Hook. Football can teach one some much about life and about themself. The true tale of a winner in my book is how one responds to adversity. Who cares about their current record because in the end it's not where you start but how you finish. Keep your heads up guys and keep working. Take something that you learned from this game and apply it to the next one. Best of luck next week.
Listened on the radio. Betsy Layne punted three times. The field was a factor. Cash is a good player, they got a pretty good fullback as well. The officials were bad on both sides. Paintsville is a good young team. Worst game Betsy Layne played all year. They still ran the ball well. I was talking to BL parent, Paintsville declined to play the next two years. Would have been good games.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong....

Betsy Layne has won 3 straight games over Paintsville.

Is this the longest winning streak BL has ever had over P-Ville???

You are right. Same streak maybe the Golden Eagles have vs. Cov Cath or Highlands. Correct me if I'm wrong.
TigerBlues Wrote:You are right. Same streak maybe the Golden Eagles have vs. Cov Cath or Highlands. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. JC has beaten cov cath the last three times we have played them. Highland has beaten JC the last three times we have played them. It is an absolute joke you would compare betsy layne with highland and cov cath.
Wow eagle, are u sensitive or in grade school to fight back like that?
EAGLE_CHEER_DAD2016 Wrote:Apple Days coming up lets play Texas Holdem, Table Tennis, Foosball I mean soccer, Basketball, Baseball? Some kind of Apple Bowl contest? It would be great for the kids in the area. Nothing too physical.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Going from The Apple Bowl in football to the Apple Cup in soccer........ FAIL!!!!

Excuse me? But, you are the one that made the above statement.

An Apple Bowl would be a waste of JC's time. They finally have a coach there that sees the big picture. Stop living in the past man.

Now I would agree on JC maybe hosting an Apple Bowl and them playing someone and Paintsville playing someone. Have two games. But, as far as these two playing each other in football....forget it. As far past records go. JC fans have much more to look forward to. Instead of watching their team destroy a small cross town school. Let it go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:You are correct. JC has beaten cov cath the last three times we have played them. Highland has beaten JC the last three times we have played them. It is an absolute joke you would compare betsy layne with highland and cov cath.

Thanks for proving my point.
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuse me? But, you are the one that made the above statement.

An Apple Bowl would be a waste of JC's time. They finally have a coach there that sees the big picture. Stop living in the past man.

Now I would agree on JC maybe hosting an Apple Bowl and them playing someone and Paintsville playing someone. Have two games. But, as far as these two playing each other in football....forget it. As far past records go. JC fans have much more to look forward to. Instead of watching their team destroy a small cross town school. Let it go.

Ill let you set on my knee for a while and tell you a bedtime story. I use to go to Paintsville and played for the Tigers in football. When I played we never lost a Apple Bowl game to Johnson Central. I remember all the Paintsville fans and players poking fun of beating Central every Apple Bowl after all their shirts said "Beat Central." Was that the only school Paintsville worried about beating? Where are the shirts now? I never did see a shirt that said Beat Betsy Layne, Beat Jenkins, or Beat Pikeville!

And what makes me sick is how Paintsville fans always thought they were better than everyone else, the things that were said about the teams we played and the other team's facilities. "I hope I never have to step foot in this gym again."

I know how a Paintsville fan base acts and it still goes on to this day. Looking from the other side now I myself am embarrassed the way I acted as a Paintsville player. Good thing I know better now! At least now I can show my kid how to behave toward others without a better than thou attitude.

Since Central started a winning football, basketball, baseball and everything else competitive, including academics, Paintsville tucks their tails between their legs and quits playing. I'm sure if Paintsville had the football coach and players that JC has then Paintsville would still be playing the Apple Bowl. Johnson Central and Paintsville would still be playing the Apple Bowl. The Apple Bowl made a lot of money for both programs and the fans had something to look forward too before Apple Day weekend.

As far as soccer goes, it looks like JC made a clean sweep in the Apple Cup. I'm glad, but soccer is just not my sport. Mountain high school sports are basketball and football wake up man I'm still talking to ya. Remember, Paintsville is in Eastern KY, not west of Lexington where Soccer is the sport.
EAGLE_CHEER_DAD2016 Wrote:Ill let you set on my knee for a while and tell you a bedtime story. I use to go to Paintsville and played for the Tigers in football. When I played we never lost a Apple Bowl game to Johnson Central. I remember all the Paintsville fans and players poking fun of beating Central every Apple Bowl after all their shirts said "Beat Central." Was that the only school Paintsville worried about beating? Where are the shirts now? I never did see a shirt that said Beat Betsy Layne, Beat Jenkins, or Beat Pikeville!

And what makes me sick is how Paintsville fans always thought they were better than everyone else, the things that were said about the teams we played and the other team's facilities. "I hope I never have to step foot in this gym again."

I know how a Paintsville fan base acts and it still goes on to this day. Looking from the other side now I myself am embarrassed the way I acted as a Paintsville player. Good thing I know better now! At least now I can show my kid how to behave toward others without a better than thou attitude.

Since Central started a winning football, basketball, baseball and everything else competitive, including academics, Paintsville tucks their tails between their legs and quits playing. I'm sure if Paintsville had the football coach and players that JC has then Paintsville would still be playing the Apple Bowl. Johnson Central and Paintsville would still be playing the Apple Bowl. The Apple Bowl made a lot of money for both programs and the fans had something to look forward too before Apple Day weekend.

As far as soccer goes, it looks like JC made a clean sweep in the Apple Cup. I'm glad, but soccer is just not my sport. Mountain high school sports are basketball and football wake up man I'm still talking to ya. Remember, Paintsville is in Eastern KY, not west of Lexington where Soccer is the sport.

Wow man, this is getting deep for a Betsy Layne at Paintsville thread. Do we have a Dr. Phil on BGR to help this dude. Best of luck to the Golden Eagles moving forward.
EAGLE_CHEER_DAD2016 Wrote:Ill let you set on my knee for a while and tell you a bedtime story. I use to go to Paintsville and played for the Tigers in football. When I played we never lost a Apple Bowl game to Johnson Central. I remember all the Paintsville fans and players poking fun of beating Central every Apple Bowl after all their shirts said "Beat Central." Was that the only school Paintsville worried about beating? Where are the shirts now? I never did see a shirt that said Beat Betsy Layne, Beat Jenkins, or Beat Pikeville!

This may be the definition of irony.
Betsy Layne by 14.
tebow Wrote:Wow eagle, are u sensitive or in grade school to fight back like that?
I wasn't the one who brought it up.
OffTheHook Wrote:They have played the Apple Cup in soccer for the past 5 years. This year being the first time JC has ever won it. The crowds are also getting larger every year and the games are pretty exciting. This years crowd was one of the largest yet!

Didn't even call him down they said it was a inadvertent whistle and respotted the ball to replay 2nd down. Sucky break for us in a otherwise well officiated game.

If we had the football coach and players JC has then we would have won about 5 or 6 straight state championships in class a. Fact of the matter is JC has 4 times as many kids as Paintsville, the times have changed the days of the 1-a county school having a true rivalry with a big county school are gone. These games are dieing left and right every year. As for the Paintsville fans comment there are jackasses on both sides man, trying to say it just goes one way is crazy. But the fact that Paintsville wins any game in any sport against JC is a testament to our programs considering that in any other state we would never play these games because all sports are class based in most states. This is one of the best rivalries around and I hope it continues for many years.

Listen "ROOKIE". You are spouting off at the wrong guy. I SUPPORT both programs kids. Something ALOT of people just can't do.

Sweep of the Apple Cup is true. But, it is the first time EVER that the boys have won the thing. You also need to attend more sporting events.

Talking about how some fans acted in the past? You are doing the same shit you just complained about. Please. I use to go to JC and the same shit happened there. Go figure.

Now, before you got your panties all in a bunch.

Tell me what I said in that post that warranted your outburst of "cry me a river" and squawk session of acting like the people you said you hated so much? Also when ever you need a foot to shove in your mouth. Just let me know. I have about 4 extras...LOL !

:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuse me? But, you are the one that made the above statement.

Excellent idea. Two games with quality opponents= huge crowds, means more money for each school. Hard feelings and rivalries might subside a little. There is not a lot to gain for JC to keep playing Paintsville in football. The Tigers simply don't have the manpower (numbers) to compete year-year.
mandan Wrote:Excellent idea. Two games with quality opponents= huge crowds, means more money for each school. Hard feelings and rivalries might subside a little. There is not a lot to gain for JC to keep playing Paintsville in football. The Tigers simply don't have the manpower (numbers) to compete year-year.

Thank You.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If we had the football coach and players JC has then we would have won about 5 or 6 straight state championships in class a. Fact of the matter is JC has 4 times as many kids as Paintsville, the times have changed the days of the 1-a county school having a true rivalry with a big county school are gone. These games are dieing left and right every year. As for the Paintsville fans comment there are jackasses on both sides man, trying to say it just goes one way is crazy. But the fact that Paintsville wins any game in any sport against JC is a testament to our programs considering that in any other state we would never play these games because all sports are class based in most states. This is one of the best rivalries around and I hope it continues for many years.

Last season I went to 3 Paintsville home games with a good friend of mine. What I found admazing was the number of Paintsville fans I heard running Jim Matney down. I remember a T-shirt from my HS days that said "Tiger Pride County Wide" After attending those Paintsville games last season and watching Magoffin County put a beat down on the Tigers, I came to the realization that the reason Jim Matney is hated by so many Paintsville Tiger fans is because he MURDERED TIGER PRIDE, he put his foot on its throat and smashed down until TIGER PRIDE stop kicking! In past seasons JC had some pretty bad teams and some really, really bad coachs but come Apple Day the band would be playing and the Black and Gold would be there trying. Paintsville on the other hand took it's ball and went home crying saying " its not fair". These days its "EAGLE PRIDE COUNTY WIDE" So Tiger fans do yourselves a favor, stop making excuses, and go watch your soccer game and be thankful that Painsville HS is not a ALL GIRLS SCHOOL YET!:lmao:
^This coming from a Fan who's team (Before Coach McCoy), was LUCKY to even win a game. You have beat the Tigers three years now and you guys are now on JC's level....lol. I rememeber when you guys went two years without winning 1 game. Things happen in cycles. So enjoy it while you can.

This is my last post in here. Cause some people just can't read ALL post. The ONLY reason soccer was brought into the picture is because another poster said something about having some kinda Apple contest.

And where has anyone on here made any excuses? Another fabrication from the minds of Tiger Haters.

And ANYONE who thinks JC gains ANYTHING from playing Paintsville football is crazy. SCREW the Apple Barrel....Burn it! Yes those were fun times no matter who won. BUT, they were competitive games. Now it's like watching UK play Alice Lloyd in basketball.

NO EXCUSES! JC finally got a GOOD COACH ! Talent was always there. Just too many hands in the cookie jar and whispers in the coach's ear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Confusednicker: