Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 41 Southwestern 12
Final from Southwestern. The Eagles improve to 3-2, the Warriors drop to 2-3. I'd say a couple of former Warrior assistants that now coach for Madison Southern are pretty happy right about now.
41-12 final.
Damien Harris performed well, as expected. If it weren't for him, this game would have been a totally different ballgame.
GetChili Wrote:Damien Harris performed well, as expected. If it weren't for him, this game would have been a totally different ballgame.

pretty sure he only played half the game, none of the 2nd qtr i know. MS just played more physical, and SW looked out coached (no big surprises there)
Sorry about the wrong final. I was going from the CJ's sports Facebook posts, I thought it was a final and it was an update.
You're right, he didn't play the second quarter. MS didn't score in that quarter either. But the Eagles just seemed to want it more.
Gc usually agree but that's a lame excuse. 34 didn't play def. not to mention ifs and buts.... Is ms supposed to apologize for having him as a player..... Sw got beat by a better team, who was better coached.
Harris stays healthy they win there district if he gets hurt they will have a battle with North Laurel IMO... And no dont apologize that kid is a sick running back... a coaches dream to have speed mixed with power and to just be a sophmore... wow... fans sometimes just get crazy cuz a kid like that just doesnt come around very often he could start and be a game changer for any team in the state.. no question..
Looks like Coach Clark has this program going in the right direction...having a stud RB doesn't hurt either. Congrats to the Eagles!
Southwestern's defense has got to play better, hands down. Hopefully, we can get back on track against South Laurel
Congrats to Madison Southern on the win.
I heard that there was a post-game confrontation afterwards. Anyone know if this was between the two teams?
GetChili Wrote:Southwestern's defense has got to play better, hands down. Hopefully, we can get back on track against South Laurel

If they are still using the same defensive scheme as they did against Somerset then 80% of the problem lies with the coaches.
SW program is on a downward spiral.
Norm Peterson Wrote:If they are still using the same defensive scheme as they did against Somerset then 80% of the problem lies with the coaches.

Had a good visit to SW. Very nice facilities, was a little surprised that we had as many fans as SW did and it being homecoming... Very proud of how our team played. Hopefully we stay healthy and continue to improve. I was however shocked to hear/read the comments made by SW's coach in their local paper. They had no "desire" or "want" to, to tackle Damien.. It had nothing to do with that, YOU COULDN'T TACKLE HIM! Sw had guys in the right place and just couldn't get him. Then He (Stephens) Blast our players, coaches and fans for our celebrations antics...? We celebrated together as a program, we did nothing to show disrespect to you or your team sir. MS is 1-0 in district first time in a long time, first home loss for SW since 2010, beat the region champ and MS is now 3-0 in homecoming games, 4 pretty good things to get excited about. The only antics I saw were the SW coaching staff refusing to shake our coaches hands after they got their collective butts kicked. Coach Stephens here is what you need to say...." That harris kid is the best RB I've seen, our kids just couldn't get to him, they tried but couldn't. We got out played, out coached, and they were more physical then us. That falls on me as a coach. We flat out got beat, period."

Now that Im off my soap box. GREAT WIN MS, and HOPE WE CAN CONTINUE OUR CELEBRATION ANTICS ALL YEAR LONG!
steelcurtain Wrote:Had a good visit to SW. Very nice facilities, was a little surprised that we had as many fans as SW did and it being homecoming... Very proud of how our team played. Hopefully we stay healthy and continue to improve. I was however shocked to hear/read the comments made by SW's coach in their local paper. They had no "desire" or "want" to, to tackle Damien.. It had nothing to do with that, YOU COULDN'T TACKLE HIM! Sw had guys in the right place and just couldn't get him. Then He (Stephens) Blast our players, coaches and fans for our celebrations antics...? We celebrated together as a program, we did nothing to show disrespect to you or your team sir. MS is 1-0 in district first time in a long time, first home loss for SW since 2010, beat the region champ and MS is now 3-0 in homecoming games, 4 pretty good things to get excited about. The only antics I saw were the SW coaching staff refusing to shake our coaches hands after they got their collective butts kicked. Coach Stephens here is what you need to say...." That harris kid is the best RB I've seen, our kids just couldn't get to him, they tried but couldn't. We got out played, out coached, and they were more physical then us. That falls on me as a coach. We flat out got beat, period."

Now that Im off my soap box. GREAT WIN MS, and HOPE WE CAN CONTINUE OUR CELEBRATION ANTICS ALL YEAR LONG!

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...iors-41-12

This is the link from the Commonwealth Journal.
Thank you CB for posting. I should of made reference to it with my comments. Sorry
Funniest comment heard all night, and maybe over the last 10+ years, "Harris is soft, not D1". Made by the SW radio announcer. HAHAHAHA!!!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Funniest comment heard all night, and maybe over the last 10+ years, "Harris is soft, not D1". Made by the SW radio announcer. HAHAHAHA!!!!

He ran for 256 yards in 3 quarters...Just imagine if he were D1 material--he'd have had 450 yards.
Just lost all credibility, well, what credibility that was there before, with those comments. How in the world someone could watch that kid play and NOT realize he is D1 is beyond me. Sour grapes, I guess
Damien Harris is a man-child...Enough said. I can't wait to see how much he improves over the rest of his career at MS.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Just lost all credibility, well, what credibility that was there before, with those comments. How in the world someone could watch that kid play and NOT realize he is D1 is beyond me. Sour grapes, I guess

Are you serious? Who said that?
wildthang3 Wrote:Are you serious? Who said that?
Funniest comment heard all night, and maybe over the last 10+ years, "Harris is soft, not D1". Made by the SW radio announcer. HAHAHA!!!!
I find it hard to believe that the SW radio announcers would stop complaining about the officiating long enough to make a comment about anything or anyone else.

I thought the Danville game last year was at Southwestern? So wouldn't that be their last loss at home?
Congrats MS
Forever Maroon Wrote:Funniest comment heard all night, and maybe over the last 10+ years, "Harris is soft, not D1". Made by the SW radio announcer. HAHAHAHA!!!!

Well, I guess SW's radio announcers will be demoralized to know that he already has at least 8 D1 offers!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Madison Southern is nobody's whipping boy anymore. Congrats to the Eagles and can't wait to watch Harris in person.:worthy:
harris kid..way overrated!..try puttin a "decent" defense against him
Fball11 your not very smart are ya'ss?!
footballfan11 Wrote:harris kid..way overrated!..try puttin a "decent" defense against him

It would appear that Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Syracuse, Ohio University, Fresno State, Wake Forest and Illinois disagree with you on this matter! :redboxer:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON