Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 12 Harlan County 6
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If you have the choice between White, Kelly or a kick between the legs, which one would you take? I honestly wouldn't want either crew to ref a game of cornhole in the parking lot, much less something that matters. Wish we could see some young officials come along so we could get rid of these old school idiots

Probably a kick between the legs, because I would much rather take a hit there than to get it stuck up-ways from the backside as I feel both teams took it Friday night. If we could buy them for what they were worth and sell them for what they thought they were worth, we could solve the national debt! Lol
zaga_fan Wrote:It's good to be back on the Cubs forums.

Did ya miss me?

:problem:

Keep poking fun. Fans keep second guessing the team, players and coaches. It's been relatively easy the last 4 years and everyone wants to see the bears fall. Everyone wants the bears to be down and everybody wants to jump in when they stumble. We have stumbled this year but we haven't fell just yet. Maybe, just maybe after this loss we get pissed and go back to work. This loss might be just what we need. I still think we right the ship, keep improving and make a long , long run in the playoffs.
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If you have the choice between White, Kelly or a kick between the legs, which one would you take? I honestly wouldn't want either crew to ref a game of cornhole in the parking lot, much less something that matters. Wish we could see some young officials come along so we could get rid of these old school idiots

Bloody Harlan, when you get after backwoods on the other threads it makes me chuckle. Just had to let you know you made me laugh when you predicted he would jump back off the bandwagon. :worthy:
highschoolfan Wrote:You are right about one thing, if this had been played on a neutral site and neutral refs, not from Bell Co. and Harlan Co. Knox beats Harlan by 2 or 3 TDs. Refs tried every way to keep giving Harlan a second chance to win the game. Harlan sole TD came as they Held THE CRAP out of CANADY and our DT. Even WYMT showed us on the side line the non-pass interferance call on Barger in our endzone. So yes sir if it was at a Neutral site HC don't score and KCHS wins by 3 TDs. Great hard fought game and you can't except you lost period. The refs sucked for both sides all nite.:ChairHit: BY the way Good Luck the rest of the year I hope Harlan does'nt lose another game.:Thumbs:

I don't see either of these teams beating the other by 3 TD anywhere but in your mind. I hope your still high off the win, at home, with your refs. If you think playing at home isn't an advantage, why schedule home games, play them all on neutral sites or away. Die hard fans like you are all one sided, and their team always come out on the short end, even in a win. They could have always won by more if they just hadn't been cheated. The sideline call where Canady was ruled in bounds let to the winning TD, and it was a big call. Did the ref get it right? I guarantee you the ref doesn't even know for sure until he has watched the tape after the game. But a call like that you don't get if your not at HOME.
I did not attend the game. However one thing everyone should know. For a fact coach Larkey scratched the crew that was to call the game. I have been a KC fan for a long time and I can never recall KC getting any breaks. Hard faught game by both teams Good luck to both for the rest of the season
I absolutely love when two GOOD mountain teams play a close game. The aftermath is wonderful. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Sounds like a few questionable calls, but that should not take away from the effortput forth by both teams. This crew of officials are questionable every where they go, not just at knox. Officiating is not an easy job and through out the course of every game there are missed calls but you still have to play the hand you are dealt and make the plays when you have the opportunities. Excuses get you nowhere. Good luck KC. Good luck Black Bears.
Football1 Wrote:HC is a great team. Glad we won and I really felt we would. My only criticism of them frankly is for their play calling. We put 11 on the line and HC kept trying to run at them. That was nuts. I kept waiting for HC to drop a pass in the flats or worse, deep. But it never happened. Dive. Counter Dive. Blast. Dive. Made no sense to me. But it sure worked for us.

I thought we played a tremendous game overall stopping a great team and getting the ball in the endzone. Our QB used his speed and Gist showed why next year will be a continuation of this year with his help.

As for those refs - I have not a clue what they were doing. Never have seen a personal foul that was not a 1st down. And the plays at the end of the game were nuts. Not sure if they hurt us or HC. But they sure made themselves look goofy.

How many times did each team throw and do you know the strategy of running the ball and are you a coach or someone who thinks they know more than other coaches
hitemup Wrote:Welcome to Eastern Kentucky football, where officiating makes no sense. There might be 2 crews in Eastern Kentucky that would be considered good crews, and the rest are bad.

I am not talking about this game in particular just officiating in general.

Why can't they get good refs with such a slow economy? Get rid of the bad apples! Hire a few good men to do the job. :Thumbs:
64black&gold Wrote:I absolutely love when two GOOD mountain teams play a close game. The aftermath is wonderful. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

You got that right.

You'll get to see those good reffing crews when Boyle makes their trip to Whitley this year Confusednicker: j/k we play fair :biggrin:
Well HC fans, from what I have heard you will not have to complain about Larkey's play calling after this year.
West 80 Wrote:How many times did each team throw and do you know the strategy of running the ball and are you a coach or someone who thinks they know more than other coaches
I don't keep stats. It would get in the way of eating my popcorn. They threw it enough to lose and we threw it enough to win. That I recall. And I'm not a coach, anymore. Just a fan who enjoys the game and openly admits a joy for a little arm chair quarterbacking. My 40 time ain't much but I can throw the deep out.

I have deep respect for the smash mouth tradition of mountain football. But until it gets balanced with a real pass threat that forces teams to play with two safeties deep from time to time run heavy squads will be stopped by 8 or more in the box.
hc fans calling out homer ref's?????????really??
I can't believe that after the great game I watched between two powerhouse mountain teams that you guys have wasted 3 pages talking about the refs......

Anyone have any stats?
big blu 2 u Wrote:hc fans calling out homer ref's?????????really??

Actually, THIS time, both teams are calling them out!

Confusednicker:
hitemup Wrote:Well HC fans, from what I have heard you will not have to complain about Larkey's play calling after this year.

Well tell why then?
hitemup Wrote:Well HC fans, from what I have heard you will not have to complain about Larkey's play calling after this year.
I think you are right. I hear coach Larkey will be going back home (Laurel County) after this year. He has done a great job getting the Black Bears program started. Coach has some grand children and never planned on staying for years. He is retired and only rents a small apartment in Harlan. Harlan County should appreciate what he has done. He may be on the sidelines helping his son (Chris) in the future. Harlan County has been good to him and he has been good for Harlan County sports.
wildone89 Wrote:Bloody Harlan, when you get after backwoods on the other threads it makes me chuckle. Just had to let you know you made me laugh when you predicted he would jump back off the bandwagon. :worthy:

Haha.....I guess that we'll have to wait 2 more weeks before we get to see him race home to fire JB. I'm glad we don't have him following us every Friday.
highschoolfan Wrote::lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: YOUR SIR HAVE NO IDEA HOW SILLY AND STUPID THAT STATEMENT MAKES YOU LOOK:lmao::lmao::lmao:Good Luck Bears you have a great Team and a Hall of Fame Coach.:redboxer:

I'm being sarcastic and I'm not blaming the coaching one bit. If that "running on 1st down all the time stuff" got us beat Friday, then I guess it's made us a heck of a program over the last 3 years too, which we are. If we came out throwing like most here want to do, we'd have gotten waxed Friday.
Amped 88 Wrote:Well tell why then?

Read "watchers" post below. But, I will drop a hint to what else I have been hearing. Another well-known, very successful Southeastern Kentucky coach has interest in the job. I know that is relatively vague, but I don't think that his name should be put out there because he is coaching elsewhere at the moment.
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If it wasn't for those run calls on first down we'd for SURE be looking at 3rd and long every series. If wer'e not going to throw it against the weaker teams, its probobly because wer'e not very good at it. But I'm sure we could have got off the bus in spread and put a clock on Knox tonight

Don't fall off the wagon there BH. And you call me an arm chair coach. You sir are a hippocrit.It also seems you could man up and give the team that just handed your butt to you a little credit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amped 88 Wrote:Well tell why then?

I'll tell you why, because it's the same rumor ever year since he's been here. Gives people something to talk about. Coach Larkey and his staff has led the Black Bears to two district Championships, a regional championship, lost in overtime the regional championship last season. This year we've lost two ball games to two very good teams. The Bears will continue to work hard and win. They'll go far in the play-offs for the third season in a row. Those who start these rumors year in and year out do not have any interest in the kids or the success of the program.

The Black Bears will lick their wounds and willmove forward with success. Black Bear Nation stands behind them. We are just now getting into the meat of the season. Jump on board and support the team.
Backwoods Wrote:Don't fall off the wagon there BH. And you call me an arm chair coach. You sir are a hippocrit.It also seems you could man up and give the team that just handed your butt to you a little credit.

I don't believe 12-6 is getting your butt handed to you!

36-0 is getting your butt handed to you or losing to a team with 6 turnovers, take your pick!
Backwoods Wrote:Don't fall off the wagon there BH. And you call me an arm chair coach. You sir are a hippocrit.It also seems you could man up and give the team that just handed your butt to you a little credit.

That whole post was not posted to be serious. It was an attempt to be a smart aelic to those who are questioning Coach Larkey and his staff. Had they came out throwing the ball on first and second down, they would have been beaten by 4 touchdowns. You can't sucessfully throw the ball without the proper personel, so we stick with our strength like always (which is running the heck out the ball and doing it well). We still ran the ball for over 200 yards Friday, so I think Coach Larkey knows dang well (better than all of us on here) what he is doing. If running the ball Friday made Coach Larkey a bad coach, then running the ball for the last 4 years has made him a great coach. He didn't all of the sudden become an idiot Friday night. He threw the ball at Rock when he had the people to do it, and was very effective. Everyone needs to face the facts....we don't have the people to throw the ball 20 times a game and be sucessful. Trust me, worse has happened. I'll take our running game over a good passing game everytime.

If you lack the intelligence to see the sarcasm with your great independent school education, you can continue to be the villiage idiot we know all too well. If you read 2 posts above your last comment, I tried to explain that to the last guy.
Good Luck to both teams.
Mama Bear Wrote:I'll tell you why, because it's the same rumor ever year since he's been here. Gives people something to talk about. Coach Larkey and his staff has led the Black Bears to two district Championships, a regional championship, lost in overtime the regional championship last season. This year we've lost two ball games to two very good teams. The Bears will continue to work hard and win. They'll go far in the play-offs for the third season in a row. Those who start these rumors year in and year out do not have any interest in the kids or the success of the program.

The Black Bears will lick their wounds and willmove forward with success. Black Bear Nation stands behind them. We are just now getting into the meat of the season. Jump on board and support the team.

I am sorry to disagree with you, but I did not post that to start a rumor. I was responding to the people that are complaining that this will be the last year in which they have to complain about the coaches play calling. I support HC and Harlan Ind fully. I wish both of them the best on the season, and would love it if both could go to the state and win it. I personally have no problem with Coach Larkey and his staff. I believe he is an excellent coach (that does a great job) and will hate to see him leave if he chooses to. The people that I have heard this "rumor" from are directly involved and are very reliable sources. But, if you think that I posted that to hurt the program or the kids then I apologize because that was not my intentions.
Coming off a tough loss, the middle of the season, I just don't see anything positive to glean from posting such a rumor. It's literally been said every single year. He's not going to stay forever, so one of these days people may guess right, but as for now, we're getting ready for district play coming up and so forth and that kind of talk just seemed like poor timing and added negativity. You can post whatever you wish. I'm not the post police. I'd just like to stay positive and optimistic for our kids and our program.
hc will do just fine this year and years to come,with or without coach larkey.i can say this because i dont know a school in eastern ky that has put as much $$$$ and support in athletics since the new school was built.if anyone strolls the confines of black bear territory{rosspoint north}they will see one of the most impressive schools/campus/stadium/etc in the state.no community would invest as much and turn it over to a loser.hc will always have a chance to get top notch leaders because they have top notch facilities and a fanatical fan base.
If coach Larkey does decide to leave,HC has an ex superintendant that would make a great coach. IMHO they wouldn't miss a beat. HC has the coach,the facilities and team support,when they get the athletes to win the state title they will do so. I'm not saying they don't have a talented group now,they do. But not enough of them. It may take a few more season's to get there,but get there they will. With or without Larkey. He is not bigger than HC football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan co fans must be the biggest bunch of idiots, trying to run coach larkey out for not throwing on first down, I know a school that would love to have him back, better be glad you got him, you was just runner up in region, and region champs the past two years. If you fans can do better then I am sure the coaches would love for you to try.