Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 12 Harlan County 6
Patriot Wrote:So are they Filthy again???? That long kick off return coming out of the Half hurt! Was told the announcers said the 4th down catch was out of bounds but you couldn't tell on Sports OT and they didn't mention it! I guess we should be proud the biggest win in Knox history was against Harlan County!

I was standing so close to it I could of spit where his feet came down. He was out of bounds for sure. They played pretty filthy tonight.
This part of the state, far Southeastern KY, is pretty even this year with the bigger programs.
The personal foul at the end there cost the Black Bears 15 yards could have made a difference driving down the field! But it really didn't the Bears aren't made to drive down the field in a hurry! Kept hoping for Middleton To break one at the end!
Thanks to Harlan Co. for a great game it was a good game between two very good teams I am glad KC won the only bad spot on the night was the Refs. other than that it was a game worth watching no matter who won. I only wish we could play again next year. Best of luck to the Bears on the rest of the season.
HonestJohn Wrote:KC plays a great game, but almost every call seemed to go in their favor the whole game. A big pass play to get the last score for KC when it looked like he may have been out of bounds. Then two false start penalties to ensure the win in the end and one before that to set up a 4th and 17 they converted on---not to mention at least 3 personal foul 15 yarders on Harlan Co in the 2nd half. KC did outplay Harlan Co most of the game but Harlan was marching down the field when the flags started flying. I am not sure the refs knew what was going on at the end. Both these teams are very physical and will go far in the post season. I hope they aren't playing anyone too good next week, because they beat each other to death tonight. A great game but maybe a different outcome on a neutral field. I am not a big Harlan Co fan, I just watched the game online with the feed from BGR. Knox is alot better than I thought, the Gist and both Canady brothers and the QB Evans are all really talented. I think they have a great shot at beating Russell Co. and winning the district.

You are right about one thing, if this had been played on a neutral site and neutral refs, not from Bell Co. and Harlan Co. Knox beats Harlan by 2 or 3 TDs. Refs tried every way to keep giving Harlan a second chance to win the game. Harlan sole TD came as they Held THE CRAP out of CANADY and our DT. Even WYMT showed us on the side line the non-pass interferance call on Barger in our endzone. So yes sir if it was at a Neutral site HC don't score and KCHS wins by 3 TDs. Great hard fought game and you can't except you lost period. The refs sucked for both sides all nite.:ChairHit: BY the way Good Luck the rest of the year I hope Harlan does'nt lose another game.:Thumbs:
Well if you thought it was a bad call on his foot being out of bounds then what about the personal foul that should have given the ball back to Knox 1 an 10 but I guess all the HC fans thought that was an ok call!! But from where I was he had one foot in an the other did come down out of bounds but in high school you only need one foot in so it was the right call to make......
wildone89 Wrote:I was standing so close to it I could of spit where his feet came down. He was out of bounds for sure. They played pretty filthy tonight.

One Foot in bounds an sir I was standing close enough that I could have caught the pass myself. And the ref was very close as well. Give it up the Kid made a hell of a play. Then he dives over the top of that filthy defense for the game winning score.Confusednicker:
panther nation Wrote:Well if you thought it was a bad call on his foot being out of bounds then what about the personal foul that should have given the ball back to Knox 1 an 10 but I guess all the HC fans thought that was an ok call!! But from where I was he had one foot in an the other did come down out of bounds but in high school you only need one foot in so it was the right call to make......

On the personal foul, KC player was running down sideline and stepped out of bounds, well shy of a 1st down. Dead ball. The KC player continued running down the sideline another 8-10 yards and was knocked out of bounds by HC player. Dead ball. Personal foul. HC's ball, 15 yd penalty assessed. Canady was out of bounds.

Was a great to watch. Congrats to Knox Central for the rest of their season.
Congrats Knox Central!
Great game to watch, the kids from both sides played their hearts out. Knox figured out the key to HC I guess put 11 in the box and stop the run cause it will keep on coming, have no clue of why you even have receivers in this offense. The bright spot for HC tonight is their defense really looked improved and played a really fast KC team hard and giving up 12 points is a good sign.
We could have scored 50 points if Larkey would have thrown play action on first or second down because Knox had 11 players on the line of scrimmage but no we wait until 3rd and long when Knox would back off to throw the football....just makes no sense whatsoever. We will not win the district if we don't start throwing play action early in the series other than throwing play action on 3rd and lone because teams will contiune to load the box on us.
bear claw Wrote:We could have scored 50 points if Larkey would have thrown play action on first or second down because Knox had 11 players on the line of scrimmage but no we wait until 3rd and long when Knox would back off to throw the football....just makes no sense whatsoever. We will not win the district if we don't start throwing play action early in the series other than throwing play action on 3rd and lone because teams will contiune to load the box on us.
Loading the box has always been the key to beat any Larky coached team he believes in run run an run it some more an that worked in years past but this time he ran into a tough defense that could stop his run, I agree it could have been real interesting if HC had started passing on 1st or 2nd downs, but that is not Larky way of ball
bear claw Wrote:We could have scored 50 points if Larkey would have thrown play action on first or second down because Knox had 11 players on the line of scrimmage but no we wait until 3rd and long when Knox would back off to throw the football....just makes no sense whatsoever. We will not win the district if we don't start throwing play action early in the series other than throwing play action on 3rd and lone because teams will contiune to load the box on us.

If it wasn't for those run calls on first down we'd for SURE be looking at 3rd and long every series. If wer'e not going to throw it against the weaker teams, its probobly because wer'e not very good at it. But I'm sure we could have got off the bus in spread and put a clock on Knox tonight
wildone89 Wrote:Thank you sir! I am a Harlan County fan till the day I die. However, knox central won the game and should have won the game the way both teams played tonight period. But calls against both teams tonight was ridiculous. The offsides on the offensives ( both HC and kx) were silly. I have watched the replay several times and Canady was out of bounds on the catch. The late hit gives kx the ball 1 and 10 and the game should of ended twice before it did.

Kelly is like Don White as far as a ref goes, which is NOT VERY GOOD FOR ANYONE! On a different note - gist is Knox best back and that isn't a knock on anyone. Gist is very explosive and I was impressed with the qb.

If you have the choice between White, Kelly or a kick between the legs, which one would you take? I honestly wouldn't want either crew to ref a game of cornhole in the parking lot, much less something that matters. Wish we could see some young officials come along so we could get rid of these old school idiots
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This part of the state, far Southeastern KY, is pretty even this year with the bigger programs.
Both of these teams are coached so good:worthy:
I think if these two teams played 10 times it would be a 5 wins for each of them,:Thumbs: I think that Knox was the better team this time. I wish HC the best for the rest of the season and lets hope we can get them back on the scheud as soon as we can I enjoy watching these 2 team go at it :redboxer:
panther nation Wrote:Both of these teams are coached so good:worthy:
I think if these two teams played 10 times it would be a 5 wins for each of them,:Thumbs: I think that Knox was the better team this time. I wish HC the best for the rest of the season and lets hope we can get them back on the scheud as soon as we can I enjoy watching these 2 team go at it :redboxer:

Yea I hope Knox stays on the schedule, I think Coach Larkey took it easy on them hoping to keep them on the schedule. (Kidding) I think it makes way too much sense for these teams to play, we both have to travel out of state for games when were less than an hour apart! And I don't know about everyone else but aside from the outcome this game was a whole lot better then beating a VA team to death!
congrats to KC
Good loss for Harlan County.

Maybe now everyone won't be so "scared" to play them when they make next year's schedule.
zaga_fan Wrote:Good loss for Harlan County.

Maybe now everyone won't be so "scared" to play them when they make next year's schedule.

I am sure the coach would welcome you to make the schedule if you think you can find them 10 games without travelling all over three states. I don't remember seeing HC people saying teams are scared. It was West 80. Anyway, whatever the reason, people don't want to play.
zaga_fan Wrote:Good loss for Harlan County.

If you look back on that thread where people were saying we are scared to play I pointed out that you needed to be aware that we would see about fear come game time. And now you know. Nuf said about us being afraid.
There is great football wisdom in your post. I have said many times before that Mountain football has to evolve if we are to ever win State Champs again. Run, Run, Pass, Punt is just not going to do it. And great Mountain teams like HC and KC are in position to move to a more balanced attack better than anyone. We run it great. Just have to throw it more to keep teams from stacking 9 in the box.

And I have to say that is one of the most important and impressive things Coach Russell has done for KC. He passes when it makes sense and is getting more and more balance in our offense which makes it impossible to just key on one player.

I was in the stands right under the HC coaches in the press box and could hear them on the head sets saying the things like "they are stacking the box". So when the recon team sends the commander that type of intelligence do you still launch a frontal attack on the strongest part of the bunker? Or do you find a way over or around the machine gun? I just kept waiting for them to lob a grenade over us for six. But it never happened.
Football1 Wrote:If you look back on that thread where people were saying we are scared to play I pointed out that you needed to be aware that we would see about fear come game time. And now you know. Nuf said about us being afraid.

I remember when Perry started to fold a couple of years ago and I started criticizing the Commodores on the board.

I was called a "fair-weather fan" because I wasn't being as supportive of them.
Usually when the Cubs lose they go into hibernation.

They've got two more guaranteed losses on the season in regards to Whitley and Bell County. They may set a record for the least posts by Cubs fans for a season this year.
It's good to be back on the Cubs forums.

Did ya miss me?

:problem:
:lmao:
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If it wasn't for those run calls on first down we'd for SURE be looking at 3rd and long every series. If wer'e not going to throw it against the weaker teams, its probobly because wer'e not very good at it. But I'm sure we could have got off the bus in spread and put a clock on Knox tonight

:lmao::lmao::lmao: YOUR SIR HAVE NO IDEA HOW SILLY AND STUPID THAT STATEMENT MAKES YOU LOOK:lmao::lmao::lmao:Good Luck Bears you have a great Team and a Hall of Fame Coach.:redboxer:
great game and 2 hard hitting teams.i was worried some about kc's run defense but i guess that is over{and lesson learned}.was it just me or did it feel like russell played a more conservative game than usual.while our run game is solid i felt we could have went over the top all night{arm chair coach}.there has been a lot of banter over calls,flags,out of bounds,penalties,etc.i felt last year at harlan county was nearly as bad,,,,so i guess as eastern kentuckians we need to either acclimate to the standards or push for better?i felt this game would be a measuring stick for this squad.our program is getting better weekly and hopefully we continue towards a winning season.
Wasn't expecting this one. Congrats KC!
Need to play Belfry,Breathitt,Knox,Bell,Corbin its better teams than the ones in Virginia.
ballboy Wrote:Need to play Belfry,Breathitt,Knox,Bell,Corbin its better teams than the ones in Virginia.

Harlan County will play Belfry next year. Play Bell every year. They would love to play Breathitt, Corbin and Knox in 2013 and 2014.
Great win for knox. They have beat a couple of quality teams this year and are very balanced. HC has a pretty good team but they are hard to guage with the soft schedule they play. Good luck to both.
panther nation Wrote:Well if you thought it was a bad call on his foot being out of bounds then what about the personal foul that should have given the ball back to Knox 1 an 10 but I guess all the HC fans thought that was an ok call!! But from where I was he had one foot in an the other did come down out of bounds but in high school you only need one foot in so it was the right call to make......

I didn't think it was the right call because I was standing right there and he was out of bounds. I just used that as an example of how bad the refs were all night. By no stretch did they cost HC the game. HC was outplayed on this night by Knox. Knox had just as many calls against them that shouldn't have been also, including the late hit that gave the ball back to HC. I just think if the kids are going to work as hard as they do they should at least have refs that understand the game and know the rules.