Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if the state was split into 2 classes?
footballfever Wrote:To my knowledge I don't know of a school that has ever got to play down. Also since the last realignment I don't think any school got to move up. If anyone knows different let us know.

No school has ever been permitted to play down that I know of and I'm pretty certain about that.

I thought we approved one school moving up at the last alignment. Several asked but couldn't make a strong enough "geographically isolated" argument, so we turned them down.
could a 2 class system work in kentucky?
toussaints Wrote:could a 2 class system work in kentucky?

NO. There is no way to have a rating system to pick top 8 in each region. Divide 8 regions 13-14 teams per region in each class. Could do 16 districts with top 2 coming out for playoffs. I just think there would be some many schools that would have no chance to compete that OVERALL in the state interest and participation would decrease.:dontthink
^ and that was one of the negatives i was thinking of, we would lose programs. it would make it more exciting, but losing interest in schools would hurt more than help
I remember when we had 4 classes a few years back (which some of you love so much) Whitley's district games consisted of traveling to Johnson Central, Montgomery County, and GRC. That is ridicolous. That is why stuff needed to be changed.
charlie22 Wrote:No school has ever been permitted to play down that I know of and I'm pretty certain about that.

I thought we approved one school moving up at the last alignment. Several asked but couldn't make a strong enough "geographically isolated" argument, so we turned them down.
I know russell is playing up in 3A
there isn't a school in ky that is 6A. 5A yea.
i heard that khsaa is going to 5 classes. had anyone else heard this. but i can't remember if it is next year or 2014.
^
No. Ive heard they will never leave the 6 Class format now that it's in.
rebel 4 life Wrote:I think it would be good for the state to make two private and indepent class and three public

Why seperate independents? They are public schools just like county schools. They adhere to the same rules and regs as county schools. They are just not apart of the county system. They are not private schools.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There are barely enough schools for 6 classes. And there will only be less schools going forward.
^
If more and more schools consolidate, then i could eventually see it going back to 5, but no less than that in our lifetime.