Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ufc 152
UFC 152 happens this Saturday following the mess of UFC 151 being cancelled...

Predictions?

Main Card
Jones vs Belfort
Benavidez vs Johnson
Bisping vs Stann
Hamill vs Hollett
Swanson vs Oliveira

Prelims
Pokrajac vs Magalhaes
Grant vs Dunham
Pierson vs Benoist
Hettes vs Brimage
Baczynski vs Thoresen
Gagnon vs Watson
Noke vs Brenneman

Not the most exciting card in the world but there are a couple of good match ups.
Jones won, but that armbar looked nasty.
Really surprised he didnt tap.

I cant believe Benavidaz lost.
The main card sucked.
J-Rod Wrote:The main card sucked.

Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of the card but there ended up being some good fights.
judgementday Wrote:Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of the card but there ended up being some good fights.

Agreed, Having Hamill on the card brought it down a lot. 3 of the fights were great though. Cub Swanson with the KO, The 125 title fight was a great fight...I argee with Dana White for once with his statement in the post fight presser. For as many people who said Vitor didn't deserve that fight, he came closer than anyone has to finishing Jones. That arm bar was sick, Im amazed Jones didnt tap even though he did come out of it with a shredded arm. Im amazed at how easy Jones made it look to slap that Kimura on Belfort who is a legit black belt under the gracies. Jones continues to leave his limbs hanging out for the taking, which I believe will pose a huge problem if he ever chooses to move up to heavyweight...or when he faces a big strong guy at 205 ala Cormier or Teixeira.
^Belfot shocked me in how long he lasted in addition to almost submitting Jones. I think if the right person comes along (Anderson Silva) he could easily catch Jones in a submission.
^I dont think Silva is the guy to do it. He classically has trouble with Wrestlers, of which Jones is one of the best in MMA. Silva's submission game doesn't translate well in a fight with Jon Jones. Anderson was awarded his black belt by the Nogueira's, who's students aren't the most versed in arm and leg submissions which are Jones weaknesses. I honestly think there may be 3-4 guys in MMA who could POSSIBLY beat Jones and I have never thought Silva was one of them.
^ Good point. With Jones having an injury now, may be a while before we find out.
Yeah, my guess is we wont see Jones until the july 4th card next year...which would fall on the 6th. I see 2 more fights for Jones before any kind of super fight or move up becomes legit. 3 fights if cormier moves to 205.