Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're the Coach
BIGman88 Wrote:Man, You guys must have QB's with stones for the hangie down things. Lots of pressure on the qb to make that kind of throw.

It's a man's game, gotta have the balls to play it. That's why we turned and coughed during the physical.

and even if there's a girl playing, she's gotta have the stones to make the play happen.
I coached in Florida for about 4 years and we had a QB that would audible to whatever he thought would work. He would have gotten the 3 yards if it killed him. Unfortunately his senior year he blew his knee out the first game first play. Done for the year. They reconstructed his knee but never had the same speed. Played Baseball that year and went to small college in Florida for baseball.

He tried to hard. The biggest Cahones I have ever seen. But, sometimes very stupid.
BIGman88 Wrote:Man, You guys must have QB's with stones for the hangie down things. Lots of pressure on the qb to make that kind of throw. You should have a bread and butter run play.. Dive, counter, powerslam, pitch, option.

If I had a bread and butter play that guaranteed me three yards I would run it every down.
running_clock Wrote:If I had a bread and butter play that guaranteed me three yards I would run it every down.

80 yards would take 27 plays to score a TD.

Better hope your linemen never false start and you never fall behind with anything less than 8 minutes to go in the 4th.

FWIW, Shawn Hager at Sheldon Clark has done the closest thing to this I have ever seen on more than one occasion. I swear when SC was a decided underdog and knew they were out-athleted they would play an entire game running 3 plays tops. They would wind the clock down every play, linemen would push the pile, and the entire goal was to shorten the game and limit possessions to the bare minimum and get just enough defensive stops, and just enough conversions to win a very low scoring game.
if I have Russell County's kicker I try a field goal!!!!!!!!!
7 minutes..Punt that
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I like this.

The other thing I was thinking is line up in the I, three tights, and fake the RB on a stretch and have him carry out the fake to the side of the double tights, roll the QB on a sprint down the line, drag the interior TE on the side of the playfake behind the LB's along with the QB.

At the HS level the odds are you will suck the DE/LB in long enough for the QB to get the angle and pick up 4-5 yards and the first, but if for some reason the DE can react enough in time and take an angle that would potentially stop your QB, you should have a short/simple 5 yard toss to a TE who is instructed to secure the catch and immediately get to the ground. The LB will certainly flow with the sprinting QB and will have no shot to get inside of the TE to break up the pass.

Unless you flex the 2nd TE on the strong side and make him more like a wing, the inside TE is ineligible.
Seven minutes and a two point lead? Punt it away, but we also punt on two so we try to draw them offsides at the same time.
Punt