Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will WVU ever win a national title in the Big 12?
How does it feel WVU fans? It has to feel painful knowing that you're never going to beat schools such as Oklahoma, Texas, and Oklahoma State. Should WVU consider dropping out of the conference and going back to the Big East in a few years? They won't stand a chance of being able to make the national title game because they will have their ass handed to them every year by the big boys.
I can't believe I'm going to address such a crazy question coming from a UK fan about football. But here goes.

The answer is YES our chances of winning a NC in the Big 12 is much better than in the Big East.

First, WVU will continue to have a strong presence in FL for recruiting along with PA and NJ, but we have opened a new pipeline into TX and OK with some of the new coaches we have on staff, DeForrest and Dana. H. We are starting to see the results of that already with this class coming in.

You must also have a short memory for in 2008 Fiesta Bowl, Rich Rod has left for the school up north, and Billy Stewart gave the speech of "Leave no Doubt" and we handed big, bad Oklahoma their proverbial ass when no one outside of WV gave WVU a chance in that game.

We are certainly stepping up our cabiler of opposition in the Big 12 and there will be no weeks off by playing Rutgers or UCONN or UK or Vandy. We will compete this year for sure, and in years to come. Will we take some beatings I'm sure we will, but we will also had a few out for sure. Can't wait to see the Texas' and Oklahoma's come to Morgantown.

So no we will not go back and we will "LEAVE NO DOUBT" that Big 12 will be glad that that Old Blue and Gold is in the Big 12!
There chances are better because its a better conference. The chances are worse because they will lose a lot of games every year Confusednicker:
Mountaineer Man Wrote:I can't believe I'm going to address such a crazy question coming from a UK fan about football. But here goes.

The answer is YES our chances of winning a NC in the Big 12 is much better than in the Big East.

First, WVU will continue to have a strong presence in FL for recruiting along with PA and NJ, but we have opened a new pipeline into TX and OK with some of the new coaches we have on staff, DeForrest and Dana. H. We are starting to see the results of that already with this class coming in.

You must also have a short memory for in 2008 Fiesta Bowl, Rich Rod has left for the school up north, and Billy Stewart gave the speech of "Leave no Doubt" and we handed big, bad Oklahoma their proverbial ass when no one outside of WV gave WVU a chance in that game.

We are certainly stepping up our cabiler of opposition in the Big 12 and there will be no weeks off by playing Rutgers or UCONN or UK or Vandy. We will compete this year for sure, and in years to come. Will we take some beatings I'm sure we will, but we will also had a few out for sure. Can't wait to see the Texas' and Oklahoma's come to Morgantown.

So no we will not go back and we will "LEAVE NO DOUBT" that Big 12 will be glad that that Old Blue and Gold is in the Big 12!
What is WVU's excuse for not winning a title by now? You had to throw in your knock on UK football but let me point out again UK leads the all time series vs WVU in football. UK plays in the SEC and they play the best of the best every year! Big deal if WVU beat a over rated Oklahoma team a few years back, UK beat a national title winning LSU (IN THE SAME SEASON THEY WON IT)a few years back too, beating a national title winner is something WVU has never done. If you think UK hasn't ever beat Oklahoma then you would be wrong! UK done a heck of a of a lot better in the 70's vs Penn St than WVU did! Payton Manning, Herschel Walker, Reggie White, Cam Newton, Wes Chandler,Ozzie Newsome, Wilbur Marshall, Joe Namath, Kevin Faulk,Jack Youngblood, Champ Bailey, Eli Manning, Mark Ingram, Darren McFaddin, Tim Tebow, Danny Wuerffel, Shaun Alexander, Woodrow Lowe, Matt Stafford, Terrel Davis, Adrain Foster,,, does any of these names ring a bell ??? The point of listing these names is to show the LEVAL OF COMPITION! Since 2005 UK has played 5 national title winners, what I mean is UK Played the title winner the year they won it! How many has WVU played? When UT won it with Tee Martin UK played them that Year, when Flordia won it with Danny Wuerffel, UK played them that year, when Georgia won it with Herschel Walker guess what,,, UK played them that year too. In 73 when Bama won it in the UPI UK played them that year! The old sayin is " Its better to run with the big dogs than set on the porch"! Playing in the Big East is setting on the porch in my book! BTW UK does have 8 national titles in Basketball and COUNTING!
WVU won't win a national championship until their defense can match the strength of an SEC defense, and in an offense happy conference, that won't happen for a awhile.