Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 40 - Belfry 20
Henry Clay makes the big plays and capitalize on very costly Belfry mistakes.

Pirates rush for over 350 yards but turn it over too much and fail to tackle.
Quick Stats:
HENRY CLAY
Bell- 12 carries, 89 yards
Jackson- 10 carries, 51 yards
Combined:237 passing

BELFRY
Johnson 18 carries, 169 yards
Carr 21 carries, 112 yards
Warren 38 yards passing
Hype
Belfry Can capitalize on mistakes, you can't lay the ball on the ground and expect to win against good teams. Losing is never good, but this loss may not be bad for team and community. I'm sure practice and film room will not be much fun this week, and I would not want to be Pburg next Friday. Get it together Bucs. Lack of focus equals loss.
I didn't expect this. I agree with you lunaticfringe, I would not want to be Pburg next week.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Henry Clay makes the big plays and capitalize on very costly Belfry mistakes.

Pirates rush for over 350 yards but turn it over too much and fail to tackle.

thats it in a nut shell, Belfry will be ok,when they learn to keep the ball and tackle they will be hard to stop down the road...
congrats to hc
Shocked about this one. Congrats HC. Belfry will definitely be fine down the road.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's king of the mountains now? To quote one poster "a loss is a loss and should drop them in the rankings". So who is king now? This would make a good thread (I say until a mountain team beats Bell head to head, they are king of the mountains)
HonestJohn Wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's king of the mountains now? To quote one poster "a loss is a loss and should drop them in the rankings". So who is king now? This would make a good thread (I say until a mountain team beats Bell head to head, they are king of the mountains)

Its been almost 15 yrs since they've played each other jackass.
Wow, surprised at this one.
wow i am a bit surprised by this score and outcome myself...
I'm not surprised. I called this one.
I predicted 35-8. Not too far from the massacre I predicted.
HonestJohn Wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's king of the mountains now? To quote one poster "a loss is a loss and should drop them in the rankings". So who is king now? This would make a good thread (I say until a mountain team beats Bell head to head, they are king of the mountains)
Yeah that was me that said a loss is a loss. And that goes for belfry, My home team. They lost. They couldn't tackle or hang on to the ball. But that isnt the only thing that beat them. Henry Clay's backs were wicked fast and we had no one that could run with them. Like one poster said on here, Belfry will be fine. rest assured The coaches will fix what happened tonight in the upcoming practices. And dont worry. Mayve we will find out who is King of the Mountains. Best of Luck to you Bell Co. Hope you get by Central. And hopefully we will meet you in Bowling Green on the Carpet. Time will tell.

By your logic Belfry is definitely the "King of the Mountains" then.

They have nearly a decade long winning streak against Bell and I can't even remember the last time a Harlan County team beat them.
Belfry will learn from this and be back even stronger!

Congrats HC
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to HC, they have a nice team. But on a side note.. and I dont mean this to come across that I think this affected the outcome in anyway at all, but this had to be one of the worst officiated games I have been to in a long time. It had no flow to it, and half of the time the referees had no clue what to call or what the call was.
I doubt they lose another regular season game all year.

I do know one thing though, that Henry Clay QB is a MONSTER! He's like the black Jared Lorenzen, lol...
I didn't mean to dish on Belfry, I just wanted to know if Harlan, Bell, Boyle, and Belfry have all lost this early, who can claim the top spot. But since everyone is all wound up, we need to get on the same page--one guy say Belfry has a decade long win streak against Bell and another say they haven't played each other in 15 years. The latter would mean they haven't been beaten by them, but I don't see how they could beat them if they haven't played in 15 years. I am not a jackass I just think that if you don't beat a team you can't say you are better than them. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers birdbrain. I guess if anybody beats Henry Clay this year they are better than Belfry by your logic.
Belfry 99, there were only about six flags. They let the teams play. This was a mixed crew and it is early in the year. There is no way the officials had anything to do with the outcome of this game. One penalty was miscommunicated, but they corrected and got it right. Belfry got their butts kicked by speed tonight, period. No TDs were called back and only one long run was called back against Henry Clay, a block in the back.
not sure about his comments about belfry having a decade winning streak against us i know we beat belfry a few times back in the 90s and belfry beat us a few times too back then...
congrats to henry clay, belfry will learn from this and get better....
Witch Doctor Wrote:Belfry 99, there were only about six flags. They let the teams play. This was a mixed crew and it is early in the year. There is no way the officials had anything to do with the outcome of this game. One penalty was miscommunicated, but they corrected and got it right. Belfry got their butts kicked by speed tonight, period. No TDs were called back and only one long run was called back against Henry Clay, a block in the back.

Apparently you can't read, I said in my post that I didn't think that it affected the outcome of the game, the speed definitely bothered Belfry. But the officials were middle school level at best, next time please read and try to comprehend someones post before responding.
I read fine. You blamed the officials for game flow. I guess that is why your Pirates couldn't contain HC speed and why you put in on the ground several times.
Witch Doctor Wrote:I read fine. You blamed the officials for game flow. I guess that is why your Pirates couldn't contain HC speed and why you put in on the ground several times.

yes I said it affected game flow, they had no clue at times and even had Coach Hawyood and Coach Simpson directing them at times about what to do. It was comical to me and I felt sorry for them. Henry Clay was the superior team tonight, but I never said that the officiating affected the final score of the game. What would game flow have to do with fumbles and speed?? Next time read my post twice, maybe that will help you comprehend it better.
I don't argue with someone that hides behind a bogus name on a chat line. Good luck.
Witch Doctor Wrote:I don't argue with someone that hides behind a bogus name on a chat line. Good luck.

And so I am to take it that your real name is Witch Doctor... lmao :lame:
I honestly thought Belfry would win this game.
Everyone acts like this is somewhat of an upset.

To me, anytime a 6A school almost loses to or loses to a 3A school they should be embarrased.
I think Belfry done well. The athletes alone at these bigger schools should be able to handle these "little mountain teams".

I guess it just goes to show you that teams like this dont have the same fundamental football teaching teams like Bell and Belfry do. Ask Bryan Station....