Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds winning the world series?
it would be nice to see they have the best record in the league right now. what do you guys think.
It is certainly feasible. To me, in baseball, if you can make the playoffs, you can win the world series. We have seen it more often in baseball that the best team in the regular season is generally not the champion in the end, so I don't put a lot of credence in their "best record".
It would definitely be nice to see.
Last time they won 80 games by this point in the year was 1976
^ And a sweep of the Yankees Wink
The only NL team that I can see standing in their way is San Francisco. If they get by them, and get Votto back healthy, they can win it all. I believe the Reds are a year ahead of schedule. Next year, they will be even better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ive still got to see them due work in the playoffs.
If they get by the first round, ill start believing more.
Never thought id see the Reds with the best record in baseball headin into August, but theres still 30 games left.

Aug. 31 at Houston 8:05
Sept. 1 at Houston 7:05
Sept. 2 at Houston 2:05
Sept. 3 Philadelphia 1:10
Sept. 4 Philadelphia 7:10
Sept. 5 Philadelphia 12:35
Sept. 7 Houston 7:10
Sept. 8 Houston 7:10
Sept. 9 Houston 1:10
Sept. 10 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 11 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 12 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 14 at Miami 7:10
Sept. 15 at Miami 7:10
Sept. 16 at Miami 1:10
Sept. 18 at Chicago Cubs 8:05
Sept. 19 at Chicago Cubs 8:05
Sept. 20 at Chicago Cubs 2:20
Sept. 21 LA Dodgers 7:10
Sept. 22 LA Dodgers 4:05
Sept. 23 LA Dodgers 1:10
Sept. 25 Milwaukee 7:10
Sept. 26 Milwaukee 7:10
Sept. 27 Milwaukee 12:35
Sept. 28 at Pittsburgh 7:05
Sept. 29 at Pittsburgh 7:05
Sept. 30 at Pittsburgh 1:35
Oct. 1 at St. Louis 8:15
Oct. 2 at St. Louis 8:15
Oct. 3 at St. Louis 8:15

Whats everyone think of the remaining schedule?
Nationals are going to win it...but if they don't, I'd like to see the Reds take it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Never thought id see the Reds with the best record in baseball headin into August, but theres still 30 games left.

Aug. 31 at Houston 8:05
Sept. 1 at Houston 7:05
Sept. 2 at Houston 2:05
Sept. 3 Philadelphia 1:10
Sept. 4 Philadelphia 7:10
Sept. 5 Philadelphia 12:35
Sept. 7 Houston 7:10
Sept. 8 Houston 7:10
Sept. 9 Houston 1:10
Sept. 10 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 11 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 12 Pittsburgh 7:10
Sept. 14 at Miami 7:10
Sept. 15 at Miami 7:10
Sept. 16 at Miami 1:10
Sept. 18 at Chicago Cubs 8:05
Sept. 19 at Chicago Cubs 8:05
Sept. 20 at Chicago Cubs 2:20
Sept. 21 LA Dodgers 7:10
Sept. 22 LA Dodgers 4:05
Sept. 23 LA Dodgers 1:10
Sept. 25 Milwaukee 7:10
Sept. 26 Milwaukee 7:10
Sept. 27 Milwaukee 12:35
Sept. 28 at Pittsburgh 7:05
Sept. 29 at Pittsburgh 7:05
Sept. 30 at Pittsburgh 1:35
Oct. 1 at St. Louis 8:15
Oct. 2 at St. Louis 8:15
Oct. 3 at St. Louis 8:15

Whats everyone think of the remaining schedule?

Not to tough with the Cubs, Milwaukee, Houston and Miami thrown in there...but definitely tough series against LA, Pittsburgh and St Louis.
^ LA and Pittsburgh have fallen off the map! I'm not concerned about any team on the schedule as long as the Reds have a four game lead by October 1 Wink
As long as Votto comes back and the team continues to play well with him, if not better, then they have a good shot. But as they say, pitching wins championships
^ ditto
Really, if the last several years have taught us anything, it's not necessarily the best team that wins the title. It's whoever gets hot at the right time.

Remember a few years ago (2006?) when the Cardinals won the Central Division with a very mediocre 83-79 record? A team that had no business even being in the playoffs proceeded to get hot at the right time and ended up winning the whole thing.

Moral of the story: You don't have to be the best team, just be the best team in October.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MC, you are spot on! Best record does not win the World Series very often, chemistry and 2 GOOD pitchers does!
Stardust Wrote:MC, you are spot on! Best record does not win the World Series very often, chemistry and 2 GOOD pitchers does!

We've heard all season long about the chemistry of this Reds team. Ludwick says it's the best he's ever been a part of. Guys pick each other up. There is no one player who has put himself over the betterment of the team. You have to love that about this team.

And as far as the pitching...I don't know of a better 1-2 punch the last few weeks than Cueto/Latos. Those two are on a nice roll. Let's just hope they can continue into October.
^As previously stated, San Francisco is the only NL team that worries me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^As previously stated, San Francisco is the only NL team that worries me.

I agree, they have the best pitching in the National League.
san fran doesn't really worry me that much i think the reds will handle them pretty efectively
I'm curious to see how this young team reacts to Votto being back. They came together, something that I did not expect to see, when Joey went out! Yesterday was only ONE game, but boy, they sure looked out of sync with Joey in the line-up. What was expected, happened, all the news was about what to do with Rolen, Ludwick and Frazier. I hope Joey's presence does not cause a disruption in that fantastic chemistry that we saw over the last month!
At least Votto looked like he hasn't been gone and picked right back up, getting 2 hits and drawing a walk off Roy Halladay.
^ Other players looked like they were swinging football bats....
I will take a chemistry issue 20+ games before the playoffs if I can have a perennial MVP candidate back in the lineup. One blessing for the Reds is that they have some time to gel again before the post-season starts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anyone wanna make a bet?

I will say that the Reds WILL NOT win the World Series.

Loser has to use a avatar for 2 weeks of the winners choice.

Deal or No Deal?
LWC Wrote:I will take a chemistry issue 20+ games before the playoffs if I can have a perennial MVP candidate back in the lineup. One blessing for the Reds is that they have some time to gel again before the post-season starts.

i agree joey votto is amazing and it's worth the issue
In my honest opinion, they have as good of a shot as anyone! They have the pitching to make it, they can have the hitting when they show up, and they have the best bullpen in the whole league. Unlike with the Phillies two years ago, there is not one team that is the obvious best one (even then they still got beat by the Giants). The Reds are prone to make a big run and I think it will happen with some favorable matchups!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The pitching should be able to carry the Reds through.
I sure hope we can win the World Series this year. GO REDS! And if we have to win it over the Yankees, even better, because I hate the Yankees.. lol