Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who say you
First and formost, I am not a UK fan, however, I have listened to you UK fans talk about Joker needing to go, and honestly I feel you pain, I felt the same way about Bill Stewart (God rest his soul) and we were going 9-3 not 6-6 or 7-5.

But here my question, if Barnhart was to fire or Joker was to resign, who would you want to see UK hire and better yet, who would Barnhart hire? I have someone in mind that I think UK would be crazy not to go after IF and that's a big if they fire or Joker resigns. So UK fans, who say you?
The only logical coach who doesnt have a job right now would be Petrino.

There are very few big name coaches out there who would leave the programs there out now.
^^Agreed, I'd take him, but I doubt he'd come to Lexington. I think the only thing that would bring him here is the chance to compete in the SEC and our football budget. Don't think that'd be enough though.

I couldn't care less that he cheated on his wife to be honest. That's his own life, and his own problem.
UK sold their soul when they went for Coach Cal in basketball, they will do the same for football in getting Pertrino
I think Terry Bowden would be perfect for the UK Job. He was 47-17-1 at Auburn, so he is a proven winner in the SEC. The Bowden name is a respected name in the College football world. I think he could improve recruiting at UK. My second pick would be his brother Tommy Bowden . Many UK football fans want a "big name" and Bowden is a big name in college football. My third choice would be PHil Fulmer, tho age is against him, he is a hard nose coach and a top recruiter and a proven winner. In 2007 he won 10 games and the SEC east title at UT, in 2008 he is 5-7 and gets ran out of town. Fulmer beat UK like beating a drum but UT fans were not happy. UT firing Fulmer is a perfect example of what happens when the fan base does the firing and hiring of its football coach. UGA fan base wanted Mark Richt's head on platter after the 2010 season but the AD at UGA stuck with Richt and UGA won the SEC East last year and they could be the best team in the SEC this year.
Fulmer would be awesome. I have said for a while that after his firing at Tennessee we should have put him on the staff.
Fulmer would never be seen in Lex.
He's still a huge supporter of UT and attends everything.
Where are Terry and Tommy Bowden at now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petrino, Fulmer or Leach
I dont like Leach that much. Hes not the type of guy that could turn around this programs in a year like Petrino potentially could.

After another dismal year, Joker will be fired. Then, it will be musical chairs as to who gets the job. I just really hope we make the right choice this time.
After this weekend, do you think there will be interest in Charlie Strong??? There is no way that UK draws any interest from someone like Leach or Pretrino. UK Football just will not garner enough interest from the school to make any concentrated efforts to be more than a "Holiday Bowl" team
^
Strong has been mentioned a lot. He's been listed as the number one up and coming coach. However, if he comes to the SEC, it wont be Kentucky.

I think Petrino, with all of his personal troubles, would find it hard to get a better job than UK.
Terry Bowden is at Kent St., that would be a good hire. Tommy Bowden is doing some studio work for ESPN, I think, but out of the two I'd take Terry.

Personally, I think UK should go after Petrino. Here's why, #1, with his personal problems he's going to find it hard to get what he would really like to have. Second, I think he wants back in the SEC and make amends for what he did. Third, because of his problems he will come at a basement bargin price that will help UK. Third, the guy can coach and recruit and he's a winner. He's not an NFL coach but a heck of a college coach.

Leach, it took him two years to get back to coach, there's got to be a reason for that. He ends up at WSU, and they will not be very good, and who can recruit to Pullman, WA?

Go with Petrino!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fulmer would never be seen in Lex.
He's still a huge supporter of UT and attends everything.

Personally would like to see him at U.K., but agree this would never happen for obvious reasons.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Personally would like to see him at U.K., but agree this would never happen for obvious reasons.

UT did him pretty dirty id say if you offered him just right he would.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:Terry Bowden is at Kent St., that would be a good hire. Tommy Bowden is doing some studio work for ESPN, I think, but out of the two I'd take Terry.

Personally, I think UK should go after Petrino. Here's why, #1, with his personal problems he's going to find it hard to get what he would really like to have. Second, I think he wants back in the SEC and make amends for what he did. Third, because of his problems he will come at a basement bargin price that will help UK. Third, the guy can coach and recruit and he's a winner. He's not an NFL coach but a heck of a college coach.

Leach, it took him two years to get back to coach, there's got to be a reason for that. He ends up at WSU, and they will not be very good, and who can recruit to Pullman, WA?

Go with Petrino!

Leach would not be a good hire you are right on that one 100%.