Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will They Get Bonds On Perjury Charges?
I think this will be interesting and could cause alot of problems for MLB.What is your opion on this matter?
It will be interesting for sure but I doubt if anything will be done to Bonds, like a suspension or getting banned. I'm not a Barry Bonds fan but if they do anything to punish him, what are they going to do about others like Palmeiro, McGuire, Sosa, Canseco, and Giambi. The thing that gets me is I've heard people relating this to Pete Rose's deal and make the comment about Pete really hurting the integrity if the game and this is a whole other deal. Well the definition of integrity is-"firm adherence to a code or standard of values", if Pete Rose hurt the integrity of the game by gambling on it, then all these other guys taking steroids to get an advantage on everybody and breaking records has hurt the integrity of the game a hell of a lot more in my opinion. What would Ruth have to say about having his homerun record broken by a cheater?
I think they will charge him.
I hope they do. I cant stand Barry Lamar Bonds...
He may end up going to jail on this one, Because no one in a suit is on Bonds side right now !
I think that they'll get him
Would hate to see it happen to a legend like him. But the only person who knows the trith is Barry Bonds, and it looks like he better be spillling it. And I hope they do charge him myself!
They should, but purgery charges rarely get convicted.
They should charge him....
hey Wrote:They should charge him....

They should but I doubt they will, athletes are above the law
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I don't know if they will, but if they do then I think he should not only serve jail time, but should be stricken from baseball to the same extent (if not more) that Pete Rose was. Maybe you can't erase his records, but I would sure try if it is proven he lied about using steroids.

I'm not sold on the fact that they will charge and convict him tho. Like stated earlier, athletes are often given special treatment, but I know that every baseball fan in America is sick of hearing about the Bonds situation. I wish it would just be over, but I do support doing it the right way so the truth is known. (Even tho in my mind I know the truth.)
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I don't know if they will, but if they do then I think he should not only serve jail time, but should be stricken from baseball to the same extent (if not more) that Pete Rose was. Maybe you can't erase his records, but I would sure try if it is proven he lied about using steroids.

I'm not sold on the fact that they will charge and convict him tho. Like stated earlier, athletes are often given special treatment, but I know that every baseball fan in America is sick of hearing about the Bonds situation. I wish it would just be over, but I do support doing it the right way so the truth is known. (Even tho in my mind I know the truth.)

Everybody knows the truth, it's just they're having trouble proving it
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Everybody knows the truth, it's just they're having trouble proving it

That is very true. I hope the truth does come out tho. It would send a big measage to all athletes IMO.
no matter what they will not get him on pergury because he is a professional athlete
I thinkhe will get out of it.