Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KYMSFA - Registration Deadline Sept 15, 2012
What would be the logic behind that move? Looks like the logical plan would have been to send the Pulaski’s West and / or JCHS North. It's 3 and half hours’ drive for us to go to Pulaski’s with poor roads. If this is true sure makes you think the KYMSFA is taking care of some of its choices teams. (As you said early maybe a little buddy ball going on.)
JCMS should definitely be in the Northern/Central KY region. Even with neutral sites schools have to go around 2 hours. Pulaskis are fairly close to Knox and Bell but Corbin is closer and they are Region 2. The region map is either drawn really bad because of not knowing the region or simply to benefit certain teams.
Eagle84 Wrote:What would be the logic behind that move? Looks like the logical plan would have been to send the Pulaski’s West and / or JCHS North. It's 3 and half hours’ drive for us to go to Pulaski’s with poor roads. If this is true sure makes you think the KYMSFA is taking care of some of its choices teams. (As you said early maybe a little buddy ball going on.)

I do see the flaw in the system with the location, but I do not see your justification in your "buddy ball" theory toward the Pulaski's. Why would the officials move the Pulaski's into already the toughest region? The region we were all in last year is weak as water now after the move. It was not a positive thought when I heard about the transition. In my opinion, the move was made to weed out the strong teams early to give the rest of the state a chance. You have Johnson, Bell, Knox, Northern Pulaski, Southern Pulaski all in the same region now, right? Those are 5 of probably the top 8 teams in the state currently. Only one comes out of it for the final four.
Exactly my point, allowing the other regions to make it farther even though they are inferior. I'm saying they are making it tougher on Region 4. Pulaskis will be good no matter what region they are in and are going to be tough outs. But Knox, Bell, Johnson are tough outs year in and year out too. Geographically Johnson doesnt't make sense and The pulaskis were moved because of geography. I feel they were moved to give someone else an easier road.
What I am hearing is that team’s enrollment numbers are classifying them for lower classes and they are only a few division 3 teams. The example I have heard are teams such as Ashland and Greenup who are Class 4 A High School Football Teams will be in district 2 not 3 this season. Not sure how they get their numbers and how the break the classes down. Look like to me it would be very sample to take the number of teams who register for the 8th grade state tournament (Max number of 120 (3 division, 4 district 10 teams a district) and divide the up evenly (close to even allowing for geographic to be a factor in some cases). If you take last year number of teams in division 1 30, division 2 23 & division 3 14 for a total of 67 divide that by 3 you would want an average of 22 teams in each division. Allowing for geographic you put the first 22 teams with the greatest enrollment in D1 so on and so on. (Rocket scientist degree not required.)
Second, concern I have is how they get their enrollment numbers. Look at JCMS we field an 8th grade team and a 7th grade team. These teams are independent of each other but the 7th grade enrollment numbers are included in our enrollment numbers for division classification. However, take another team who had lower enrollment numbers but does not field a 7th grade team will be in a lower class this JCMS. Not sure about that either.
I agree with divding the largest schools by number of registers. If 65 teams register then each division should have the same amount of teams.
Where is everyone seeing this regional map at?
caseyreb Wrote:Where is everyone seeing this regional map at?

Im wondering the same thing caseyreb. Only map that was ever published was one from 2010 alignment.
We need to wait and see what the brackets look like when they come out. Shoot, they usually change after they have been released.
Where did anyone say we have seen a brackets. I just comment on what the talk is going on. Based on text message sent to different coaches. You are on the board are you saying the combining of region 3 & 4 is not going to happen?
THOMCAT Wrote:We need to wait and see what the brackets look like when they come out. Shoot, they usually change after they have been released.

Agreed, a lot of the time when changes are made to the initial brackets its do to a travel or logistic issue with one of the schools.
Can you tell me what region louisa middle is in?