Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tom Allen is the new Head Coach at Paintsville
Thoughts about this. Is this a good hire for the tigers?
Jim Tom Allen is a great hire for the Tigers! He is a good coach but most importantly a great person. Good luck Jim Tom!
Any thoughts on who will be on his coaching staff? Other than Coach Cherico, I don't really know who will be on the staff.
I'd say coach Allen will keep everyone around that coached last year: Cherico, Preston, Ward, Daniels, Dustin Hall and I look for Jason Kinner to help out with the defense also.

Congrats Coach Allen on the job, I know you will do great things with the team.
Congrats Coach Allen....
I am gad with the hire!! ALso i am happy that no one new came to mess with the Tiger family that is being started. Congrts JTA good luck next year
Thoughts on who runs his offense?
Does anyone know where he is from?
Tough Turf Wrote:Does anyone know where he is from?

I'm thinking up toward Phelps, I'm at least thinking it is in Pike Co.
He went to high school at Johns Creek. I am going to say that Jimmy Daniels will run his offense.
WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU BELIEVE THAT DUSTIN HALL AND JASON KINNER WOULD HELP? IM SURPRISED THAT YOU DIDNT SAY THAT YOU WOULD BE ON THE STAFF. I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO BE ON THE STAFF BUT CANT SAY AT THIS POINT IN TIME

PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:I'd say coach Allen will keep everyone around that coached last year: Cherico, Preston, Ward, Daniels, Dustin Hall and I look for Jason Kinner to help out with the defense also.

Congrats Coach Allen on the job, I know you will do great things with the team.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU BELIEVE THAT DUSTIN HALL AND JASON KINNER WOULD HELP? IM SURPRISED THAT YOU DIDNT SAY THAT YOU WOULD BE ON THE STAFF. I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO BE ON THE STAFF BUT CANT SAY AT THIS POINT IN TIME

I think Kinner helped some last summer, and wasn't Hall in the booth with Coach Allen last year? I don't think those guys would be on the offical "staff" but they might help again this year, but you seem to know already so I guess they aren't helping.
Tough Turf Wrote:Does anyone know where he is from?
i thought he was from floyd co.
Battle Tested Wrote:i thought he was from floyd co.

He is from John's Creek. Has been at PHS for about 7 or 8 years.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU BELIEVE THAT DUSTIN HALL AND JASON KINNER WOULD HELP? IM SURPRISED THAT YOU DIDNT SAY THAT YOU WOULD BE ON THE STAFF. I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO BE ON THE STAFF BUT CANT SAY AT THIS POINT IN TIME

Dustin Hall helped out last year and did a good job scouting other teams and reading the opposing defenses from up top. Jason Kinner was coach Allens best defensive player JTA ever had at Pville in previous years, went on to play and start at Georgetown AND he lives and works in Paintsville, and he knows his football. Why are you suprised that I didn't say I would be helping. Have you ever seen me over there in the summer acting like I was a coach, NO. I would talk to Kevin Williams in the summer cause he came to me with questions. I did play QB when the skill players on defense worked on pass D, but that was because Chuke asked me to cause I could throw a football just as good as any QB they would be facing.
Is it me or is it in the position title that you have to be called by your first and middle names to coach football at Paintsville. Bill Mike Runyan, Jim Tom Allen, how about Homer Darrell Spencer, lol...Anyways congrats P-Ville and Coach Allen!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Is it me or is it in the position title that you have to be called by your first and middle names to coach football at Paintsville. Bill Mike Runyan, Jim Tom Allen, how about Homer Darrell Spencer, lol...Anyways congrats P-Ville and Coach Allen!
No not everyone that coaches at paintsville has to be called by their first and middle names. Coach Walter Brugh, Charlie Adkins.....
YOU MUST BE A JACK OF ALL TRADES THEN I GUESS. I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDNT GO TO A D1 SCHOOL BY WHAT ALL YOU SAY ABOUT YOURSELF. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmao:

PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Dustin Hall helped out last year and did a good job scouting other teams and reading the opposing defenses from up top. Jason Kinner was coach Allens best defensive player JTA ever had at Pville in previous years, went on to play and start at Georgetown AND he lives and works in Paintsville, and he knows his football. Why are you suprised that I didn't say I would be helping. Have you ever seen me over there in the summer acting like I was a coach, NO. I would talk to Kevin Williams in the summer cause he came to me with questions. I did play QB when the skill players on defense worked on pass D, but that was because Chuke asked me to cause I could throw a football just as good as any QB they would be facing.
JUST WANT TO SAY CONGRATS TO COACH ALLEN HOPE YOU HAVE ONE HELL OF A CAREER:rockon:
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:YOU MUST BE A JACK OF ALL TRADES THEN I GUESS. I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDNT GO TO A D1 SCHOOL BY WHAT ALL YOU SAY ABOUT YOURSELF. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmao:

Keep it coming...you are making yourself look like the second part of this smilie.... :moon: A coached asked him to help and he did...what is the crime in that?
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:YOU MUST BE A JACK OF ALL TRADES THEN I GUESS. I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDNT GO TO A D1 SCHOOL BY WHAT ALL YOU SAY ABOUT YOURSELF. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmao:

Also, could you answer for me why those guys that PC named are not helping next year?
Did PHS have any spring practice?
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Dustin Hall helped out last year and did a good job scouting other teams and reading the opposing defenses from up top. Jason Kinner was coach Allens best defensive player JTA ever had at Pville in previous years, went on to play and start at Georgetown AND he lives and works in Paintsville, and he knows his football. Why are you suprised that I didn't say I would be helping. Have you ever seen me over there in the summer acting like I was a coach, NO. I would talk to Kevin Williams in the summer cause he came to me with questions. I did play QB when the skill players on defense worked on pass D, but that was because Chuke asked me to cause I could throw a football just as good as any QB they would be facing.

Kinner is JTA's best defensive player ever?? How soon we forget the name Ryan Brown!!

Like what JOHNBOY1956???
The Blue Blur Wrote:Kinner is JTA's best defensive player ever?? How soon we forget the name Ryan Brown!!

I didn't forget about Ryan, how could I he is my best friend. I actually meant to put Jason was one of the best, sorry about that.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Kinner is JTA's best defensive player ever?? How soon we forget the name Ryan Brown!!
you tell'em ryan may be the best alltime at paintsville. hec all the brown boys can play
So, what's the big "secret" about who is running the offense? C'mon.... give us a break.....
I'd say Allen will call the offense himself.
Same OC from last year. Talked to many people around the baseball field the other day, Coach VanHoose will not return. For the coaches meeting the other night, Chirico, Allen, Daniels, Ward, Preston were there and a few couldn't make it. They are looking like they will probably have around 7-8 on the staff and Coach Runyon will help out some during the summer as well.
PHSCARD Wrote:Same OC from last year. Talked to many people around the baseball field the other day, Coach VanHoose will not return. For the coaches meeting the other night, Chirico, Allen, Daniels, Ward, Preston were there and a few couldn't make it. They are looking like they will probably have around 7-8 on the staff and Coach Runyon will help out some during the summer as well.

You might want to check your sources.