Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic - 21 Bell County 7
Final
Closer than most thought.
Turnovers spelled doom for Bell.
Thought Bell dominated and looked like the better team through 3 quarters, turnovers killed us. Congrats to Lex Cath, you were the better team when it mattered the most.
Wouldnt surprise me if Bell doesnt lose another game the entire year, although not likely, it wouldnt surprise me. That was the best team they will face all year including playoffs, and for 3 qtrs whipped them all over the place.
Bell fans have to be pleased with their defense, only 21 points to the high powered Knights offense and 7 of those coming by way of gift wrapping on a Special Teams SNAFU.

Nonetheless, you can't turn it over and expect to win. Still a good showing by Bell for the most part.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wouldnt surprise me if Bell doesnt lose another game the entire year, although not likely, it wouldnt surprise me. That was the best team they will face all year including playoffs, and for 3 qtrs whipped them all over the place.

Easy Mr. Week 1 Hyperbole....Central just beat a ranked 6A Manual 29-7... their defense is in a different straosphere compared to LexCath
yeah we fought hard had some dumb mistakes most of them were cause of bad timing between qb and rb.... also that fake punt right before half like 1 minute left to fake it inside there red zone was uncalled for... but least we learn from this and get better... proud of how hard our bobcats fought tonight and this will make us better down the road... one game at time...
Heading back home. Turnovers killed us!!! Got to the 2 and 4 yard lines and came away with ZERO points. Bell Co looks EXTREMELY good this year! Very surprised with this game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Easy Mr. Week 1 Hyperbole....Central just beat a ranked 6A Manual 29-7... their defense is in a different straosphere compared to LexCath
Bell needs to get out of the region with Central. They are just to powerful.
All I have seen is that turnovers killed BC. How did LC put up 21 then????
Looks like Bell is getting used to the losses, well against teams that matter anyway
Im pretty sure turnovers are part of the game. Im not trying to rip Bell County but those people when it comes to football think they have no equal. Yeah they are good but the area they play in is extremly weak nowdays, that has alot to do with Bell Countys success, I remember the Alcoa game very well we see how that turned out. Bell just usually loses when they leave s.e ky and play real teams thats why I dont get their cockiness. I dont know Im on the outside looking in I guess
congrats to LC
Stardust Wrote:All I have seen is that turnovers killed BC. How did LC put up 21 then????

turnovers did kill us... catholic got there 1td off of a 46 yard td pass play.. we gave them the second 2td by a bonehead play call of going for it on 4 and 4 from 16 yard line with just minute left in half in 7-7 tied.. they mishandled the xp and flip it in for 2 pointer.. then there last score was just a nice drive down the field off of our turnover.. no sure what your implying stardust but we are not taking anything away for catholic just pointing out we really beat ourselfs.. we did dominate 3 quarters.. the radio guys even admitted and said bell controlled the game (time of possession) but shot there selfs in the foot...
our defense was impressive to holding catholic to just 21 points...Catholic is a really good football team and i was glad that we could play up with them.
tazcat Wrote:Looks like Bell is getting used to the losses, well against teams that matter anyway

the catholic game really doesn't matter since they are 4a and we are 3a...besides we play played them really tough and could have went either way. don't know why people are taking shots at a program like Bell County.. our losses last few years come to very good football teams like boyle,lex cath, central... but not any mountain teams....
I wanna also congrat lexington catholic on there hard fought win.. i really enjoyed the game. i love close games like this instead of blow outs like we usually get around here in mountain play..
We left 12 points out on the field getting the ball to the 2 and 4 yard lines and came away with zero points.
tazcat Wrote:Im pretty sure turnovers are part of the game. Im not trying to rip Bell County but those people when it comes to football think they have no equal. Yeah they are good but the area they play in is extremly weak nowdays, that has alot to do with Bell Countys success, I remember the Alcoa game very well we see how that turned out. Bell just usually loses when they leave s.e ky and play real teams thats why I dont get their cockiness. I dont know Im on the outside looking in I guess

Sir, I'm not sure what your agenda is here, but the majority of Bell County fans aren't cocky, and was picking Cath to win. Are we confident in our team? Yes, we can play with most schools in the state. And we've proven it. Central beat us last year, but we were in very good positions on them until fumbles, our mistake, they we're better. And you're gonna bring up Alcoa? If your not a highlands fan, or trinity/st.x, don't even talk about Alcoa..they could of more than likely had beat all three of them as well that year. You win some you lose some..dust it off and move on.
People who hate us Envy us. We did just play a team close who has a high Div 1 QB and will also be televised on ESPN next week.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:the catholic game really doesn't matter since they are 4a and we are 3a...besides we play played them really tough and could have went either way. don't know why people are taking shots at a program like Bell County.. our losses last few years come to very good football teams like boyle,lex cath, central... but not any mountain teams....

With all do respect, mountain teams aren't the ones Bell County needs to be worried about.
watcher Wrote:Bell needs to get out of the region with Central. They are just to powerful.

It was protested the day KHSAA made it official, but you all know the out come of that.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:turnovers did kill us... catholic got there 1td off of a 46 yard td pass play.. we gave them the second 2td by a bonehead play call of going for it on 4 and 4 from 16 yard line with just minute left in half in 7-7 tied.. they mishandled the xp and flip it in for 2 pointer.. then there last score was just a nice drive down the field off of our turnover.. no sure what your implying stardust but we are not taking anything away for catholic just pointing out we really beat ourselfs.. we did dominate 3 quarters.. the radio guys even admitted and said bell controlled the game (time of possession) but shot there selfs in the foot...
our defense was impressive to holding catholic to just 21 points...Catholic is a really good football team and i was glad that we could play up with them.

nice play by play. better than our local station, OH we dont have one they dropped us. to cover middlesboro and pineville.
Congrats to Cath and Bell, keep your heads up and keep working. It's a long season!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
RoShamBo Wrote:With all do respect, mountain teams aren't the ones Bell County needs to be worried about.

who said we were worried about mountain teams? we all know who we will have to beat and thats the kings of 3a central to get where every team wants to be.
Did Bell racked up nice yardage on the ground? Still running the wishbone?
Spud6 Wrote:Congrats to Cath and Bell, keep your heads up and keep working. It's a long season!

Thanks i agree and least someone posts something postive instead of knocking down on bell county.. i used to enjoy theses forums but anymore its like a site to bash good teams..
PaytoPlay Wrote:Did Bell racked up nice yardage on the ground? Still running the wishbone?

i am not sure about how many yards we had but we moved the football up and down the field all game.. about 90%run and 10% pass
The D looked great considering how many opportunities they gave a D1 talent like Bolin. That was an absolutely piss poor job holding onto the ball though.
also what passes ozzy did throw he looked pretty good.. i think our passing game will get even better as year progress in preparation for tougher playoff teams....
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:i am not sure about how many yards we had but we moved the football up and down the field all game.. about 90%run and 10% pass

Our passing game looks pretty darn good. Cox and Green both had a great game. IMO I think we need to pass a little more cause I think we can.