Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things to keep an eye on in 2012
The Kentucky high school football season starts in less than 24 hours. Before we start hitting, screaming, tailgating and spraying tough actin' Tinactin, here are a few things to keep an eye on this season.

1. Highlands Playing for 6 in a Row: The Bluebirds tied the state record for consecutive state titles. A December win in Bowling Green will give them a state record 6th straight title.

2. 22 for Trinity & Highlands: Not only is Highlands going for 6 straight, they're also going for their 22nd state title, as is Trinity. The Rocks and Birds are early favorites to win their class, Trinity being a very heavy favorite.

3. Glaser Retiring at St.X: Mike Glaser has been the head coach at St. Xavier for the past 3 decades, winning 328 games and 7 state titles. He announced he's retiring after this season

4. Trinity's Mr. Football: Trinity has 4 guys that could claim Mr. Football; Dawkins, Wright, Hatcher, and Quick. Other guys to keep an eye on statewide include Kyle Bolin, Ryan Timmons, and Kentayvous Hopkins

5. Hazard vs. Mayfield/ Belfry vs. Central Again: there's a very good chance these teams will meet for a 3rd straight state finals.

What I miss?
^ Good post man. Maybe I am "Mr. Optimism" but after seeing Belfry tonight, I think it might be their year.

Still know how awesome Central will be on D. Should be another low scoring game IMO. Not overlooking Breathitt (or Garrard, Bourbon, Russell, etc) but I think with Central losing their QB, Wales, speediest backup HB and a few other key offensive guys, it could be our best chance.
I though Belfry was just 2 plays away from a state title, Central's 35 yd TD pass with 2 minutes to go and the 10 yd sack after Belfry got down to Central's 30. Belfry was near-perfect on defense
Wish Bell Co was in the East in 3A.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Wish Bell Co was in the East in 3A.

We wish you were too, I've been waiting many years to see a Bell vs. Belfry matchup in my lifetime (They haven't played since I was 5)
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Wish Bell Co was in the East in 3A.
I'd rather play Bell in the Finals personally....