Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Top 10
cuppett777 Wrote:well looks like a new number 1 nxt week,(Belfry) they may stay there the rest of the year... and again they may not..

It's good to see teams like Bell Co and Harlan Co not afraid to play top notch programs the very first game of the season though.
I agree with this.. but you can't tell me that you think Belfry has a weak schedule!
In all honesty...
After a lot of thought I'm beginning to think Belfry may be the best team regardless of who they play.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I agree with this.. but you can't tell me that you think Belfry has a weak schedule!

Never said it. I respect great teams and Belfry is def one.
I will say this, I am sorry for saying Somerset sucked. Somerset has a really good team, but NOT THAT GOOD. They are in no way the Green Bay Packers like you guys make them out to be. On a dry field last year Perry would of killed them. Matt Robinson would of ran through them like Grant took Richmond. Somerset, Hazard, Perry, and Breathitt were about on the same level last year. Nobody a whole lot better than the other. You Somerset guys get on here and take little shots at Perry and I just figured I'd give a couple back to you. Buy the way, what did you guys have to do to get the kid from MC to come to Somerset? Job or what for his relatives? Southwestern has the best team in Pulaski County dont they? Thats where I'd went.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:It's good to see teams like Bell Co and Harlan Co not afraid to play top notch programs the very first game of the season though.

there 1st game is Pike County Bowl, they dont get to pick that game,its sad that whom ever picks those teams have let this Bowl down so bad, it used to bring some of the best teams in the state...TongueirateSho
cuppett777 Wrote:there 1st game is Pike County Bowl, they dont get to pick that game,its sad that whom ever picks those teams have let this Bowl down so bad, it used to bring some of the best teams in the state...TongueirateSho

I won't hate on Belfry, they are, have been and will continue to be a great team. Do I think Bell County is better? Yes. I'd love to see Bell drop out of the iHigh bowl and join in on the Pike County Bowl though. What a game that could be to kick off the year TongueirateSho
The_Rock Wrote:I will say this, I am sorry for saying Somerset sucked. Somerset has a really good team, but NOT THAT GOOD. They are in no way the Green Bay Packers like you guys make them out to be. On a dry field last year Perry would of killed them. Matt Robinson would of ran through them like Grant took Richmond. Somerset, Hazard, Perry, and Breathitt were about on the same level last year. Nobody a whole lot better than the other. You Somerset guys get on here and take little shots at Perry and I just figured I'd give a couple back to you. Buy the way, what did you guys have to do to get the kid from MC to come to Somerset? Job or what for his relatives? Southwestern has the best team in Pulaski County dont they? Thats where I'd went.

*Buy- To purchase something. why are you throwing all this blind hatred at Somerset? I didn't watch the game last year..but both teams had to play in the mud..I'm guessing..Unless the field crew came out and layed down some turf over the field while Somerset had the ball, then pulled it up when Perry got it, which I doubt. If Perry was THAT much better to be able to KILL Somerset on a dry field..surely a little mud doesn't negate that big of a talent gap does it? Move on, they lost, Somerset was the better team that night. It's a new year.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:*Buy- To purchase something. why are you throwing all this blind hatred at Somerset? I didn't watch the game last year..but both teams had to play in the mud..I'm guessing..Unless the field crew came out and layed down some turf over the field while Somerset had the ball, then pulled it up when Perry got it, which I doubt. If Perry was THAT much better to be able to KILL Somerset on a dry field..surely a little mud doesn't negate that big of a talent gap does it? Move on, they lost, Somerset was the better team that night. It's a new year.

The strangest part is that Perry actually won that game...and he still has so much hate!
Dumpster Diving Wrote:The strangest part is that Perry actually won that game...and he still has so much hate!

LOL wow, I didn't watch the game, and don't know who won..I dont follow Somerset or Perry...I was just assuming, but you know what they say about assuming, and it looks like I've made one of myself. But wow...judging from his comments you'd of thought Somerset stormed in, beat Perry, ravaged their women, burned the village and left it in shambles. Sheesh, a win and still throwing all that around?
Maybe, just maybe Williams is at Somerset because they have won 36 Games in 3 years. To Accuse someone of Buying someone is low. As for who is the best Friday night will tell!!!
The_Rock Wrote:I will say this, I am sorry for saying Somerset sucked. Somerset has a really good team, but NOT THAT GOOD. They are in no way the Green Bay Packers like you guys make them out to be. On a dry field last year Perry would of killed them. Matt Robinson would of ran through them like Grant took Richmond. Somerset, Hazard, Perry, and Breathitt were about on the same level last year. Nobody a whole lot better than the other. You Somerset guys get on here and take little shots at Perry and I just figured I'd give a couple back to you. Buy the way, what did you guys have to do to get the kid from MC to come to Somerset? Job or what for his relatives? Southwestern has the best team in Pulaski County dont they? Thats where I'd went.

:lame:

If your gonna throw quotes in to make yourself sound witty then at least put in factual quotes... General Grant was never in Richmond in any military capacity. Richmond was, in fact, taken by 30-year-old West Point graduate Major General Godfrey Weitzel.

As far as Southwestern being the best program in the county, last year was the only time they have ever won 3 playoff games in one year. With Anderson gone they may in fact improve on that the next several years but they are NOT the best program in the county.
I think Somerset is def one of the best teams in the Mtn. If people followed Mtn football you would know this.
Why is Whitley in the top 10?
I think the Somerset faithful started all the posts poking at Perry Central. Guess the Rock got a little sick of your smart remarks. I hope you Briar Jumpers dont win a game this year either. You have to much pride, kind of remind me of Hazard people a little bit. Well at least some of them I know. Some Hazard folks think their doo doo dont stink. Some are good friends though. From the sound of Somerset fans, they dont either. Perry kicked your ass last year. Live with it. Perry beat that ass. You will have a chance for some revenge last game of the year. Until then get off your little pedestal Somerset fans. Your team is good but nothing special. If you think you are special, go out and schedule Louisville Trinity, Hoover High out of Alabama, Cincy St. X, Don Bosco or Highlands. Beat one of them teams and you are something special. Going 36 and 3 the last year years beating Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Hazard, Pineville, Taylor County, Russell, Pulaski, or whoever does exactly make you a dynasty. Heck win a state title first.
^ my goodness !!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I think the Somerset faithful started all the posts poking at Perry Central. Guess the Rock got a little sick of your smart remarks. I hope you Briar Jumpers dont win a game this year either. You have to much pride, kind of remind me of Hazard people a little bit. Well at least some of them I know. Some Hazard folks think their doo doo dont stink. Some are good friends though. From the sound of Somerset fans, they dont either. Perry kicked your ass last year. Live with it. Perry beat that ass. You will have a chance for some revenge last game of the year. Until then get off your little pedestal Somerset fans. Your team is good but nothing special. If you think you are special, go out and schedule Louisville Trinity, Hoover High out of Alabama, Cincy St. X, Don Bosco or Highlands. Beat one of them teams and you are something special. Going 36 and 3 the last year years beating Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Hazard, Pineville, Taylor County, Russell, Pulaski, or whoever does exactly make you a dynasty. Heck win a state title first.

Thanks for the advice. :lame:

Warn the townsfolk, the inmates have escaped the asylum.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I think the Somerset faithful started all the posts poking at Perry Central. Guess the Rock got a little sick of your smart remarks. I hope you Briar Jumpers dont win a game this year either. You have to much pride, kind of remind me of Hazard people a little bit. Well at least some of them I know. Some Hazard folks think their doo doo dont stink. Some are good friends though. From the sound of Somerset fans, they dont either. Perry kicked your ass last year. Live with it. Perry beat that ass. You will have a chance for some revenge last game of the year. Until then get off your little pedestal Somerset fans. Your team is good but nothing special. If you think you are special, go out and schedule Louisville Trinity, Hoover High out of Alabama, Cincy St. X, Don Bosco or Highlands. Beat one of them teams and you are something special. Going 36 and 3 the last year years beating Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, Hazard, Pineville, Taylor County, Russell, Pulaski, or whoever does exactly make you a dynasty. Heck win a state title first.

Not even worth replying too! :biglmao:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think Somerset is def one of the best teams in the Mtn. If people followed Mtn football you would know this.

Ummmm, why does it matter who the best team in the mountains is any way? KY HS football is what we should be talking about. Do any teams "in the mountains" have a shot at a state championship? that is what we should be talking about. Just sayin'?? Sorry, from Chicago, live in Northern KY now (past 15 years). Don't get it.
Keyplayer Wrote:Ummmm, why does it matter who the best team in the mountains is any way? KY HS football is what we should be talking about. Do any teams "in the mountains" have a shot at a state championship? that is what we should be talking about. Just sayin'?? Sorry, from Chicago, live in Northern KY now (past 15 years). Don't get it.

Not many Eastern KY schools win State Championships. Not enough private schools here who can go out and recruit.

Ya'll are trying way too hard to find a new rival now that the Hazard series is over.
Keyplayer Wrote:Ummmm, why does it matter who the best team in the mountains is any way? KY HS football is what we should be talking about. Do any teams "in the mountains" have a shot at a state championship? that is what we should be talking about. Just sayin'?? Sorry, from Chicago, live in Northern KY now (past 15 years). Don't get it.

Do you follow football at all? Hazard is the defending champion in 1A. Belfry was 2 points away from winning the 3A championship last season. Belfry, Breathitt County and Bell County all have state championships in the past 10 years. There are Mountain Teams in 5 of the 6th classes that could win a state championship in any given year. WYMT puts out a weekly poll rating the top 10 Mountain Teams each week regardless of class. It is fun for the fans and players.... Another outlet has a Northern Kentucky poll. If the Mountain Top 10 bothers you I guess you'll be in the thread for the Northern Kentucky Top 10 complaining about it, right? On the other hand if you think the Northern Kentucky Top 10 is okay why don't you just stick to it?
Norm Peterson Wrote:Belfry was 21 points away from winning the 3A championship last season.

Think you accidentally added a number there.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Think you accidentally added a number there.

Thanks. I fixed it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ya'll are trying way too hard to find a new rival now that the Hazard series is over.

I'm not biting.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm not biting.

I wish I knew why some other Perry fans dislike Somerset so much. I am baffled honestly. If we were talking about Hazard, I would understand the venom, but Somerset? I'm not sure. If I had to harbor ill will against a Pulaski County team, Somerset would definitely be my last choice. But ah well, to each his own.

Oh yeah, about the poll, it looks pretty good, i'll give Williamsburg a few weeks to prove they merit the #6 spot.
^^^

All I can think of is the fact Somerset is the most recognizable program that is on the schedule who technically doesn't have their own designated rival. Harlan County was the target for PCC fans, but the Black Bears are obsessed with all things Bell County. Breathitt would make sense, but the Bobcats are more worried about Belfry who they are usually destined to meet in the playoffs. Letcher Central showed promise for a while, but now they are below Commodore fans' standards.

That leaves Somerset next in line. I guess the strategy is "If we flame them enough they will flame back and then we can argue and trash talk and then we are rivals! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!"
I just dont like Somerset, got a lot of speeding tickets going through town. LOL
The_Rock Wrote:I just dont like Somerset, got a lot of speeding tickets going through town. LOL

Slow down and get over it.lol