Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville athletes who you think will play in college
What pikeville high school athletes do you think have the ability to make it to college and play at their sport? who's planning on playing?
Josh Sullivan -- Pikeville (Football)
Robert Shurtleff -- Georgetown (Football)
Brian Elkins -- Kentucky Christian (Soccer)
Rick Burchfield -- Not Sure (Soccer)
Brett Gibson going anywhere?

Corey Castle - soccer (maybe union)
Rafael Rangel - soccer (undecided)

anyone out of volleyball or baseball we know of?
Joe Castle will play golf in college but he's only a Soph.
"phs20white" Wrote:Brett Gibson going anywhere?

Corey Castle - soccer (maybe union)
Rafael Rangel - soccer (undecided)

anyone out of volleyball or baseball we know of?
Brett is going...those are just people that I know for sure are going ans playing at college....Brett hasn't decided on a college yet...or not that I know of.
rumors have it that brett is playing football at EKU
and if rumors are true, robert signs with georgetown next wed., (feb. 9)during school
"phsplyr17" Wrote:and if rumors are true, robert signs with georgetown next wed., (feb. 9)during school
He told me today that it is Monday at 1:30....At least I'm pretty sure that he said tomorrow :lol:...But I know that it is at 1:30!

Congrats ROB!!
Brett will play in college... but yes Beef, he hasnt decided on where he will be.
beef is prolly right, i just heard the rumor from a certain librarian
Brandon Adkins is hopefully going to run track and/or XC for Morehead or Georgetown.. maybe in UK if he gets a good place next year at XC state.
David Taylor- (Soccer) Pikeville College
Tyler Thompson- (Soccer) Pikeville College
"Beef" Wrote:Josh Sullivan -- Pikeville (Football)
Robert Shurtleff -- Georgetown (Football)
Brian Elkins -- Kentucky Christian (Soccer)
Rick Burchfield -- Not Sure (Soccer)

I am not sayin it is official by any means, but Burchfield went with Castle and Rangel to Union yesterday for some practicing/pre-season try-outs with the team.
im pretty sure castle will be headed to union...but its not official at all yet...as for burchfield, hes interested in union also, but not sure where he's going, and rangel, he also visitited union, but has three more visits to make in the next week or two
Elkins is 99.9 % sure of playing for Kentucky Christian University in the Fall of 2005.
Isnt it Kentucky Christian College?
or is that something else and there are both?!

just wandering?
it's the same college...kcu is just kentucky christian univ.
eddie wayne.... it was kentucky christian college, but in the fall of 2004, due some nccaa regulations, and due to the hiring of new professors, they Kentucky Christian Moved to University Status...

To read more http://www.kcu.edu/unityindiversity.htm
I see.. I see..
Didnt know bout that.. thanks for clearing it up.

Hope Brian ends up there.. I think he'll do well.
"phsplyr17" Wrote:Elkins is 99.9 % sure of playing for Kentucky Christian University in the Fall of 2005.
Did jesus earn him that scholarship???????
"FUßBALLLIEBE" Wrote:
"phsplyr17" Wrote:Elkins is 99.9 % sure of playing for Kentucky Christian University in the Fall of 2005.
Did jesus earn him that scholarship???????

Nope, But He did bless him with the skills that he has, and he also blessed the Pikeville team with a win in the 32nd District Championship!!!

FuBBaLLLIEBE- where are you playing in the fall again? Still for PC, oh yeah that's right still High School soccer. Take your game out of Eastern Kentucky and you will be in for a reality shock
While There players are at those big great universities ( by the way for u idiots i am being sarcastic) us at central will be running a riot on you guys and earning our own scholarships even if i dont get a scholarship i will be glad to have played on a team where everyone has respect for every one else
enought about soccer, what about other sports?
heard brett gibson is going to cumberland now.
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:enought about soccer, what about other sports?
heard brett gibson is going to cumberland now.

Haven't heard that one???
Going to be watching this one guys
Brett is deciding between Cumberland and Campbellsville

Both have offered him... he just has to figure out which one
Besides football, soccer, and currently graduating seniors - what players in baseball, softball, ect. have an opportunity at playing in the
college level
Chase Huffman has a great possibility of playing at a big school in college
as well as Justin Anderson
As for softball...I am really impressed with Emily Colvin and Samantha Neeley
Anderson will play college ball somewhere, especially if he keeps up it up. And as for Huffman, he is an all around athlete. He will play baseball somewhere in college no doubt, as well as run track. He may have th ability to play football at a small college, but definatly has the head step when it comes to baseball.
i really dont see ne one at pikeville that can make a major difference at a D-1 school....in sports that is