Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I want chicken...
I again urge all supporters of free speech, freedom of religion, and traditional Judeo-Christian moral absolutes to eat at Chick-fil-A tomorrow. that is the day designated by Gov. Huckabee for supporters to express their support of Chick-fil-A and its president.

I went by there today, ordered a No.2 with lemonade and informed them I'd be back tomorrow. Excellent meal.

It is long past time for those with traditional beliefs to stand up and be heard. For far too long, we have allowed those who are "different" to dominate the debate.
I would have eaten there had there been a chick fil a built within an hour from here lol.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I again urge all supporters of free speech, freedom of religion, and traditional Judeo-Christian moral absolutes to eat at Chick-fil-A tomorrow. that is the day designated by Gov. Huckabee for supporters to express their support of Chick-fil-A and its president.

I went by there today, ordered a No.2 with lemonade and informed them I'd be back tomorrow. Excellent meal.

It is long past time for those with traditional beliefs to stand up and be heard. For far too long, we have allowed those who are "different" to dominate the debate.

You're right about that Harry. It's the liberals who have been speaking the loudest since an ACLU attorney named Leo Pfeffer, presented his idea of the concept of the 'seperation of church and state' before the Supreme Court in the case of Everson versus Board of Education of Ewing Township in 1947. Liberals are driven to see the downfall of the traditional values that has defined this nation since it's inception, because they have nothing but contempt for traditional morals. Folks like Madalyn Murray O'Hair, Judi Bari, Bill Ayers, and the ACLU have been dismantling this nation in our court system for years. We are light years away from the what we were prior to turning our backs on the Lord, by declaring the Godly principles on which this land was founded, to be passe and outdated. O'Hair and the ACLU have spearheaded that movement, while in Dallas Texas, activist judges and liberal lawyers helped Norma L. McCorvey (Jane Roe), win a decision in favor of abortion in 1970. You can take my word for what I am about to say, the America of 1970 barely resembles the America of 2012. We have lost our way. The courts don't have the first clue what is right or wrong anymore, everything is a matter of precedent, and government in general is in chaos.

Regarded as kooks and creeps, by mainstream America, the liberal's ideas were ignored for decades as irrelevant. Folks just didn't take them seriously, and now they have us by the throat. People defend liberal ideas these days like they are iron clad, no-doubt about it, the purely refined truth. Two decades ago these same notions were so far out of mainstream thinking, we laughed at those who spoke out in behalf of what has become the present day liberal ideology.The very same ideology which is now threatening to undo the traditional concepts of America, for ever. I had to see it with my own eyes before I would believe it either. Now, conservatives have a REAL fight on their hands. Kids in school have been taught the liberal mindset and college grads are thoroughly indoctrinated by the time they hit the work force. It really is the social justice perfect storm. The only ones who remember the golden days of unchecked financial growth following the 2nd world war are the baby boomers. It remains to be seen whether we can reel in some of the unbridled lunacy which, characterizes todays political drift away from the right course. We're surrounded by folks educated to dismiss our relevance out of hand.

This election will be our best chance to demonstrate what sanity in government means. The truth on which America was built only becomes more obscure and more of a faded from memory from this point onward.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
had some this morning spicy chicken biscuit and a Minis cinnamon roll
Luke 9:26 (KJV)
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

(To Some People) there are more important things in this life than to saying and doing things to be politcally correct in this day and age. (For those of us that believe in Jesus) Death is not the end of life's journey (when your life has ended, you will be somebody in one of two places for eternity). We are taught our life is a vapor upon the water. We are living on this world.... But We are not of this world. And for the non-believers of Christianity, 'pride', 'fairness' or 'equality' does not make homosexuality right. There are some religions that say homosexuality is ok or homosexuality is nothing more than an alternate life style. But sadly, nothing can be further from the truth. Some people will 'support' gay rights until the day the die. All We can do is pray for them. However, they are going to 'support' their way right into a devil's hell.

I'm going to post a few more verses on here.... If you have any questions about what the Bible says about homosexuality, then please PM me. If I can't answer the question with Biblical proof, then I will do my best to get you the answer as quickly and correctly as I can.
Genesis 19 (KJV)
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
The bold text translated means to have anal intercourse.

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.

14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.

16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the Lord being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.

17 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

18 And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, my Lord:

19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:

20 Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.

21 And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow this city, for the which thou hast spoken.

22 Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.

23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.

24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the Lord:

28 And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.

29 And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.

Now I realize some people do not believe in the Bible, and that's fine. But this is one example of where God shows Us (the believers) of his stance on homosexuality.
Zaga, look what you started over a chicken sandwich.
^ This is the video that will end all debates on the subject

[YOUTUBE="Chick-fil-a"]LUmoTOujJ7Q[/YOUTUBE]
zaga_fan Wrote:^ This is the video that will end all debates on the subject

[YOUTUBE="Chick-fil-a"]LUmoTOujJ7Q[/YOUTUBE]
OH MY GOD, THAT IS AWESOME. lol
Chick-Fil-a in Ashland

[Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/168wuu0.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/35laumh.jpg]

Other Chick-Fil-a pics from across the country on Chick-Fil-a Appreciation Day. (The boycott is working)

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/27yxwxs.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgmgrd.jpg]

[Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2m4ox3o.jpg]

[Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/kbppcg.jpg]

[Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/mn15kl.jpg]

[Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2sb5nbq.jpg]

[Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/1zlxg9c.jpg]
^
wow!
Chick-Fil-A at Jefferson Mall in Louisville

[Image: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-pr...8981_n.jpg]

Line was 2 hours long according to WDRB.
The Florence store was packed at lunch. I'm never seen a place like that.
They have to be running low on chicken
The taxpaying, hard working, law-abiding, traditional majority has spoken loud and clear. It is imperative that they carry their zeal to the ballot box.
My wife picked up breakfast at Chick-fil-a early this morning. She was going to buy our dinner there but they were so busy, she decided to go tomorrow instead. The boycott is not off to a good start here in liberal northern Virginia.
Can't wait for friday. Dinner and a show at Chick-fil
Its ridiculous that everyone in this country is offended by one thing or another. They dont support gay marriage? Whats the big deal its their beliefs. I'll still eat there. Other Restaurant that supports gay marriage ill still eat there. Ill still eat there. Both sides needs to stop forcing there beliefs on someone that believes differently.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its ridiculous that everyone in this country is offended by one thing or another. They dont support gay marriage? Whats the big deal its their beliefs. I'll still eat there. Other Restaurant that supports gay marriage ill still eat there. Ill still eat there. Both sides needs to stop forcing there beliefs on someone that believes differently.
I wonder if this bunch here at BGR will still buy from Amazon/Amazon.com, since they are one of the biggest supporters/money givers, of gay rights?
TheRealVille Wrote:I wonder if this bunch here at BGR will still buy from Amazon/Amazon.com, since they are one of the biggest supporters/money givers, of gay rights?

Well i know hoot is a Prime Subscriber, Like myself.
TheRealVille Wrote:I wonder if this bunch here at BGR will still buy from Amazon/Amazon.com, since they are one of the biggest supporters/money givers, of gay rights?

Mostly we won't try and tell you not to shop amazon. That's the difference, it your business

Kinda yes, kinda no. Actually Amazon as a corporation did not make the donation. Amazon founder, Jeff Bezo and his wife made the donation out of their own pockets. I guess one can form their own opinion if that makes a difference or not.
Love Amazon
It's a non issue for me what they support.
Starbucks is a big gay supporter also. I will not support them though
My problem is more with the ridiculousness of the "boycott". What the hell did these people think Chick-Fil-a's view on Gay Marriage was?

If I don't want gas from Citgo, I won't start a crusade against Citgo. I just will not shop there.

It reminds me of this email I got one day:

"Conservative v Liberalism Response
(Pretty much describes our Country today)

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.
If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
If a liberal reads this he will delete it and try to ban the use of email for everyone for life."

Of course it is not exact and is not perfect but it makes some decent points lol.
Panther Thunder Wrote:My problem is more with the ridiculousness of the "boycott". What the hell did these people think Chick-Fil-a's view on Gay Marriage was?

If I don't want gas from Citgo, I won't start a crusade against Citgo. I just will not shop there.

It reminds me of this email I got one day:

"Conservative v Liberalism Response
(Pretty much describes our Country today)

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.
If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
If a liberal reads this he will delete it and try to ban the use of email for everyone for life."

Of course it is not exact and is not perfect but it makes some decent points lol.

That's for sure and it is totally spot on. Great post!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:That's for sure and it is totally spot on. Great post!
And if a conservative doesn't want an abortion, they just don't get one?
And if a conservative isn't gay and wants to marry their partner, they just don't get married?
How about then JC Penny made Ellen Degeneres their spokesperson? Did One Million Moms boycott them?

No, they try to change/make the rules to suit their beliefs.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well i know hoot is a Prime Subscriber, Like myself.
I still am. Until Amazon, the corporation, tells me that x% of its sales proceeds will go directly to supporting some political cause that I strongly oppose, I will remain a loyal customer. I don't care what Jeff Bezos does with his own money in support of his favorite political causes. Amazon offers great prices on great products and stands behind them with outstanding service. There is no need to hurt Amazon's thousands of employees, including some more conservative than myself, because I disagree with their boss.
TheRealVille Wrote:And if a conservative doesn't want an abortion, they just don't get one?
And if a conservative isn't gay and wants to marry their partner, they just don't get married?
How about then JC Penny made Ellen Degeneres their spokesperson? Did One Million Moms boycott them?

No, they try to change/make the rules to suit their beliefs.
You would make an outstanding fruit vendor, RV. You constantly demonstrate your skill at mixing apples and oranges. :biggrin:
nky Wrote:Starbucks is a big gay supporter also. I will not support them though
I don't frequent Starbucks much because of their prices and I am not crazy about their icky sweet espresso drinks but Starbucks also promotes the political agenda of their owners. So does Ben and Jerry's but I do partake in an occasional spoonful of Chunky Monkey ice cream. :biggrin:

Other than closing on Sundays, I can't think of anything that Chick-fil-a does to promote its CEO's religious beliefs during the course of normal business. The dining experience at their restaurants is not much different than at other fast food restaurants - only the food and service is better than most of its competitors.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I still am. Until Amazon, the corporation, tells me that x% of its sales proceeds will go directly to supporting some political cause that I strongly oppose, I will remain a loyal customer. I don't care what Jeff Bezos does with his own money in support of his favorite political causes. Amazon offers great prices on great products and stands behind them with outstanding service. There is no need to hurt Amazon's thousands of employees, including some more conservative than myself, because I disagree with their boss.

AND, if you create your own "amazon space", they will search off site for you to find the cheapest (guaranteed) price available. Lots of time, you are not charged shipping and in certain cases, they will provide return postage. I mean...when someone works the hours that I do, amazon.com is the only choice for Christmas shopping, etc.

I love it!