Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County Football Preview
This team will take back district this season. Even with the loss of Wing and Co. Rowan will reload and be better than last season. The disappointing D from last year will be much improved with Copley gone, and Brian Hodge stepping in as D Coordinator. Rowan returns 9 starters on the D and is made up of juniors and seniors that have plenty of experience. The offensive backfield will be loaded with Baker, Barnett, Lambert and Keontae Moore returning from his ankle injury last season. They have plenty of depth at the WR position and the O Line is looking tough. Justin Graham has taken the reins at QB and is showing great leadership even though hes only a sophomore. Look for RC to turn heads this year!!!!!
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:This team will take back district this season. Even with the loss of Wing and Co. Rowan will reload and be better than last season. The disappointing D from last year will be much improved with Copley gone, and Brian Hodge stepping in as D Coordinator. Rowan returns 9 starters on the D and is made up of juniors and seniors that have plenty of experience. The offensive backfield will be loaded with Baker, Barnett, Lambert and Keontae Moore returning from his ankle injury last season. They have plenty of depth at the WR position and the O Line is looking tough. Justin Graham has taken the reins at QB and is showing great leadership even though hes only a sophomore. Look for RC to turn heads this year!!!!!

I heard they struggled at Raceland's 7 on 7. Do you think they are going to be more of a running team this year?
Is Singleton still the head man up there? Hopefully so, he's a great young coach.
Heard they have a nasty d-line! All Area Gilliam and Estill, and honarable mention lambert. Should be a sight to see.
i say all three will make all state this year. i have seen them play and they are physical.
Scrimmage against Boyle might be good test for both.
I promise you this Montgomery Co. will beat Rowan by 3 TD's this year at home. 2 years ago Rowan just beat us. But last year was a fluke . MCHS QB threw for 170 yards in the first Quarter before going down with game ending cramps. The backup Qb almost beat Wing and Co. himself. Just wait for the butt Whipping to come.
I just can't see Rowan being better than last year. You don't get an Adam Wing very often. Also, Williamson and Hodge were studs. Those guys put up 34.45 points per game.
They do have 9 starters back on the D that gave up 34.8 points per game!
I would spend more time coaching 2's and 3's if I was Montgomery County, instead of making excuses. Rowan is no huddle, fast paced tempo. You must be in top shape or players will drop out from the pace.

The loss of Wing will be filled with a QB this time next year will be compared to RG3....

Defense will be great. Last year,,Wrong man, Wrong Scheme, no excuses. Right scheme last 2 weeks of the year last season resulted in 0 points for Clark County, who had some talent if you remember,,,and held the #2 team in the state scoreless for the first half in the playoffs.

But you seem confident, so no reason to change y
our mind,,,were not that good.
I heard they had changed defensive coordinators, I did not know they had adjusted the scheme last year.
VikingFan Wrote:I would spend more time coaching 2's and 3's if I was Montgomery County, instead of making excuses. Rowan is no huddle, fast paced tempo. You must be in top shape or players will drop out from the pace.

The loss of Wing will be filled with a QB this time next year will be compared to RG3....

Defense will be great. Last year,,Wrong man, Wrong Scheme, no excuses. Right scheme last 2 weeks of the year last season resulted in 0 points for Clark County, who had some talent if you remember,,,and held the #2 team in the state scoreless for the first half in the playoffs.

But you seem confident, so no reason to change y
our mind,,,were not that good.

Comparing him to RG3 is hilarious. Thanks man I needed someththing to get me going on a Monday morning. Rowan will be once again horrible on defense. I think they will be the number two seed in the districts this year though. I think they will beat Johnson Central but will fall to the Tomcats.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Comparing him to RG3 is hilarious. Thanks man I needed someththing to get me going on a Monday morning. Rowan will be once again horrible on defense. I think they will be the number two seed in the districts this year though. I think they will beat Johnson Central but will fall to the Tomcats.

This post is also very hilarious.
therealdealholyfield Wrote:I promise you this Montgomery Co. will beat Rowan by 3 TD's this year at home. 2 years ago Rowan just beat us. But last year was a fluke . MCHS QB threw for 170 yards in the first Quarter before going down with game ending cramps. The backup Qb almost beat Wing and Co. himself. Just wait for the butt Whipping to come.

think what you want. Montgomery Co. only has 2 players in number 36 and 32 haha. trust me two players wont beat rowan county. they are going to turn alot of heads this season. WATCH AND SEE!!!!!!
Montgomery County should temper any predictions about what it will do this year by looking at its performance in past years. It is a program lacking in neither leadership nor resources. But traditionally, it has lacked bodies - enough bodies to win in 5A. All the websites and bean suppers in the world don't help unless you got the hosses and the fleet of foot.
Going to miss seeing Wing play -- he was a heck of QB.
I think we may see a little change in numbers and depth the coaching staff seems to be working more kids in this year. This is something we have got to do so that our depth and numbers come up to 5a level. Kids will come out and play if they feel they have a chance to get meaningful playing time and not sit the sidelines and watch 15 kids play ironman football. I think we have about 65 or so kids out this year that includes about 25-27 freshman. Now before you say the future looks bright wait and see how many come back out next year because we have had good numbers in our freshman teams but only about 10-15 come back and fewer than that for thier jr years. I do think Montgomery will beat Rowan co this year and break the little strek they have had aginst us lately. :popcorn:
JC will win at Rowan Co. by 21 and beat Ashland by 21 or more .
Rowan will beat JC and the Rowan and Ashland game will be close.
JCfan12 Wrote:JC will win at Rowan Co. by 21 and beat Ashland by 21 or more .

Haha lose the best player in program history and you predict that kind of improvement. What are they putting in the water in Johnson County.:lmao:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Haha lose the best player in program history and you predict that kind of improvement. What are they putting in the water in Johnson County.:lmao:

Ashland lost quite a bit as well and you seem to be throwing out rash predictions yourself..
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:Ashland lost quite a bit as well and you seem to be throwing out rash predictions yourself..

Never said Ashland didn't lose a lot all I said was to jc beating them by 21+ as well as beating Rowan by 21 is way to early to assume they are that good. Especially since the tomcats put it on the eagles pretty good just last season. The most I've predicted is Ashland wining the district and maybe a playoff game before they run Into either cov cath or highlands which is a fairly modest prediction.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Haha lose the best player in program history and you predict that kind of improvement. What are they putting in the water in Johnson County.:lmao:

Jude was a very good player,but they also have something a lot of teams in KY do not have, they have good coaching. JC did not win because of one player, they have very good line play and players coached to do their job for the team. JC's coach runs a very good running game and a good run stop D, if he could open up the passing game and go up against passing teams more to prepare the D, JC could win some titles. Rowan Co is not striking fear in any of the top teams in 4A!
sstack Wrote:Jude was a very good player,but they also have something a lot of teams in KY do not have, they have good coaching. JC did not win because of one player, they have very good line play and players coached to do their job for the team. JC's coach runs a very good running game and a good run stop D, if he could open up the passing game and go up against passing teams more to prepare the D, JC could win some titles. Rowan Co is not striking fear in any of the top teams in 4A!

Agreed coach matey is a good coach. Just saying expecting jc to go from losing to Ashland by by 22 to beating them by 21 + is crazy especially considering what they lost from last season. Jc could very well win the district but not by those margins Atleast against Ashland and most likely Rowan
futurestatechamps Wrote:Rowan will beat JC and the Rowan and Ashland game will be close.

I agree with you on the Rowan and Johnson Central game but I look for Ashland to win big over Rowan.
I would not take too much away from the game with Boyle for Viking fans. Boyle is a tuff ticket and the Vikings were working through there game plan for Mont Co. Dont worry. Rowan will be fine and will beat Mont Co. by 21 or more. No one can stop our running game. We wont be tested till Ashland on Sept 21.
Flounder Wrote:I would not take too much away from the game with Boyle for Viking fans. Boyle is a tuff ticket and the Vikings were working through there game plan for Mont Co. Dont worry. Rowan will be fine and will beat Mont Co. by 21 or more. No one can stop our running game. We wont be tested till Ashland on Sept 21.

Wow !!
Well if no one can stop your running game then why did you guys get beat 63-0? :eyeroll:
Montgomery Co. 43 Rowan 6 you will see
Flounder Wrote:I would not take too much away from the game with Boyle for Viking fans. Boyle is a tuff ticket and the Vikings were working through there game plan for Mont Co. Dont worry. Rowan will be fine and will beat Mont Co. by 21 or more. No one can stop our running game. We wont be tested till Ashland on Sept 21.

:biglmao:

:insane:
You dumb ask MCHS HAS ONLY lost to you 3 years in a row because a Cross and Wing Ect... Last year was a fluke when Mchs QB went down in the 1st quarter after throwning 176 yards. You guys will get beat bad Saturday night. MCHS ALL TIME RECORD AGAINST ROWAN IS MCHS BEAT Rowan County 21-9-1