Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a rule clarification
1.If a team forefits a game that has been scheduled and it does go on the record books as a loss,can they schedule another game in it"s place as if the game was never scheduled?whats the limit in Ky on regular season games prior to playoffs.

2.I ask this because A PIke Co.AA school is trying to forefit to a Va school which in turn knocks them out of a game next year because the forefit must be counted as a win as if it was actually played...
3.does the school AD and Princaple have a right to do this with out school board consent?

4.IF YOU SCHEDULE A GAME YOU SHOULD PLAY IT!!
That's a difficult one. Is this a game that is currently scheduled already or not ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
was allready scheduled...we played there lastyear they were supposed to come here this year....there is a contract...
It depends on the situation. There is a huge difference between a scheduled game and a contract. Teams can and often will buy out a contract in certain scenarios which in turn forces them to give the proceeds they get from the replacement to the team they broke the contract with. Neither team is credited with a win or a loss. That's how I've always understood it atleast.

If the game is officially scheduled, then the forfeiting team would officially get a loss and the other team would get an official victory.

You can only play a maximum of 10 regular season varsity games prior to playoffs. You can also only have 2 scrimmages against any other team.
Where would you go to find out?
If the two schools have a contract to play a game, and one school breaks it, they have to pay money to get out of it.
I've not seen this sitution recently, so it's hard to tell what will happen.
Since I've not seen the contract, I can't say what options are/aren't allowed, but we should have some options.

The VHSL requires all schools to submit their (first) schedules by May 1st or face a fine. Then, we have until Aug. or so to make changes (this usually is a tweak on dates, like if a game is moved to a Thur. or a Sat., but any type of changes are allowed), THEN we have until Oct. or so before it officially becomes official.

Any VA school must also submit the schedule of their o-o-s opponents (actually, I believe THAT school must actually send a copy), giving the VHSL a point of ref. in case anything comes up.

So, unless the contract stipulates something specifically about a forfeit, we could keep SV on the schedule and get a forfeit (and add bonus points like a win), OR we could find a replacement and the VHSL will treat SV like Pikeville or Belfry - just another out-of-state team that doesn't play a Va. team.

Finding a replacement doesn't necessarily let SV off the hook for the buy-out, but it does eliminate the "forfeit win" from our books. VA teams can only schedule 10 games, so we can't do both (unless we lose another game from the schedule).

To answer your 1st Q, I HAVE seen a KY team get fined by the KHSAA for having more than 10 varsity contests in a season, but the Va. team involved was not penalized and had the game count like any other (but it was a diff. situation than this).

To answer your 3rd Q, any school board that looks over the shoulder of the AD on scheduling is wasting their $$$ to have an AD to start with. (Yes, some boards "push" for certain games to be played, which is crazy, but they don't have the final say - other than firing the AD.)
k
thanks for your insight but in all due respect the Board I would think should have a concern when one of there schools doesent honor a contract..and if a contract is broken the school board should know about it and why...no ones standing over the SV AD or Principle..but they should be...