Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 Football
Thinking about focusing on Football with my Son over the next few years... He will be a Freshman and had over 1,000 receiving yards last year as well as made the All Star team here in KY. Anyone have any info on how to get involved or what local teams we can contact?
are you talking about the 7 on 7 non-scholastic teams, kind of like aau basketball?

most schools in KY will have 7 on 7 competitions while they're waiting to hit
Yes. 7 on 7 like AAU... You know anything about it?
5 Star Elite Wrote:Thinking about focusing on Football with my Son over the next few years... He will be a Freshman and had over 1,000 receiving yards last year as well as made the All Star team here in KY. Anyone have any info on how to get involved or what local teams we can contact?

Why isn't he practicing with the Freshman team?

1,000 yards receiving on a 8th grade middle school team? How many games and what was the competition like?

I personally do not put any stock into middle school, youth football stats.

Now, 7-7 outside of school ball. It depends on what you want to do. You can get some area kids together who are really good and travel to Alabama and Georgia for some tournaments. But you better be extremely good because you will be entering the "open" section as opposed to the "school" section. Because I have not heard of any KY high school team going as a team, not even sure if they can due to limits of the season.

Now, Rivals and such does have 7-7 competitions at different college campuses. They are generally invite only and the teams are made up of high level type players getting recruited by D1 or the very least D1a. These teams that are formed are made up of players from all over the country. The players typically make a connection with each other during combines or college camp days. They then recruit each other to form some teams to compete.

Just search the internet you will find what you are looking for.

I hope your son is going to a high school that likes to throw the ball!:biggrin:

Just sit back and enjoy the time watching your son. It will be gone before you know it. If he never plays a down past high school SO WHAT!! Again cherish every moment and just be his PARENT not his coach.

Best of luck to your son!!
http://7on7u.com/

First Google search
I would just focus on your sun playing 7on7 with the school to help develop the timing and team chemistry!! Just my opinion though