Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 7 on 7 Passing Tournament
MONTGOMERY COUNTY 7 ON 7 PASSING TOURNAMENT
July 14th - Cunningham Field - Games begin at 10:00 AM
Free and open to the public. 24 total games to be played.

POOL A - Western Hills, Madison Southern, George Rogers Clark Team #1
POOL B - Tates Creek, Montgomery County Team #1, Prestonsburg
POOL C - Fleming County, Pendleton County, Ashland Team #1
POOL D - Montgomery County Team #2, Ashland Team #2, George Rogers Clark Team #2
So will Damien Harris be there w/Madison Southern? That kid might draw a crowd.
I hope so, I had the misfortune of coaching aganist him when I coached at Mcnabb and he just lit us up but he sure was fun to watch.
This is the crowd pleaser

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...vy-league/
Call it a draw. Weather forced the cancellation of the remaining games this afternoon. Here is a quick recap:

POOL A - Western Hills defeated Montgomery County #1, Tates Creek withdrew. Western Hills wins pool.
POOL B - Fleming County defeated Prestonsburg and Pendleton County, Prestonsburg defeated Pendleton County. Fleming County wins pool.
POOL C - Ashland #1 defeated George Rogers Clark #1 and Madison Southern, Madison Southern defeated GRC#1. Ashland #1 wins pool.
POOL D - Ashland #2 defeated Montgomery County #2 and George Rogers Clark #2, Montgomery #2 defeated GRC#2. Ashland #2 won pool.

BRACKETS ROUND 1
Prestonsburg defeated George Rogers Clark #2 then headed for home due to weather.
Pendleton County defeated Montgomery County #2.
Montgomery County #1 defeated George Rogers Clark #1

ROUND 2
Western Hills defeated GRC#2
Fleming County defeated Madison Southern
Ashland 1 defeated Pendleton
Montgomery County #1 defeated Ashland #2

ROUND 3 had just begun when storms hit.
Western Hills vs Fleming County
Montgomery County vs Ashland

Overall impressions - First tournament of the summer for most teams and you could tell so. Ashland looked good. Western Hills has some nice athletes. The most impressive team of the day in my eyes was Fleming County. Their receivers run good routes and their QB finds them when they are open.
Thanks for the update!
Was Harris there and how did he look?
Western Hills looked good? WHo stood out?
There was a #10 for Madison Southern that seemed to be their go to guy. He is an athletic kid with good hands. He also has a good burst of speed when he had the opportunity to turn it on.

I didn't get to see a lot of Western Hills, but I was imressed with their linebackers. They were good sized kids and covered well.
Harris was not there for Madison Southren he was playing aau basketball. I was looking forward to watching him my self, but there was plenty good young athletes at the tourny. I was a ref at the tourny and really enjoyed talking to the players and coaches from the diffrent teams.
How did Clark Co look?