Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought RIDGID Jobsite Radio
[Image: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/product...ae_300.jpg]

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The RIDGID Jobsite Radio is a task-specific radio designed to withstand the punishments of remote jobsites. Built with shockmount protective armor, this radio features a specially engineered MP3-player docking station that charges the player while helping protect it against impacts and other hazards. Phase-lock loop digital tuning allows exceptional reception, and the included remote works up to 25 ft. away while controlling MP3 playback.

A robust radio designed to withstand the rigors of remote job sites
Shockmount protective armor is engineered to absorb impacts for maximum durability
Charges and helps protect most popular models of MP3 players with a specially designed docking station
Phase-lock loop digital tuning for exceptional reception
Operates on standard 120-volt current or with a RIDGID 18-volt battery (not included)
Onboard external controls and remote can change songs played by the MP3 player
Remote works up to 25 ft. away
Includes remote control with key ring fitting and button battery, audio patch cord, 2 AAA batteries and operators manual
MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
MFG Model # : R84082
MFG Part # : R84082
Pretty darn good base. Looked for a cordless radio for the pool and picked this over the Dewalt
I dont know much about the RIGID model, but I do have the Dewalt model and I really like it. If you have never heard the quality of sound from them you would be a little surprised. I am assuming that the RIGID has very good sound quality as well. Mine does not have a remote with it though. That is a nice feature.
^ The guy at Home Depot literally talked me out of the Dewalt. I literally had it in my hands. The sound quality is outstanding. I plugged in my Ipod, with a playlist that fits extremely nicely with out other thread, and rocked the afternoon away Wink
Stardust Wrote:^ The guy at Home Depot literally talked me out of the Dewalt. I literally had it in my hands. The sound quality is outstanding. I plugged in my Ipod, with a playlist that fits extremely nicely with out other thread, and rocked the afternoon away Wink

You saying you KISSed the hours away on this Sunday afternoon?:biggrin:

I have just about every 18v tool that Dewalt makes so I guess I'll have to live with what I've got. Glad you're enjoying yours.
LOL, I went looking for a Ryobi, because that is what all my tools are - BUT - they didn't have one.....

And yes, today was wasted away doing NOTHING but sitting poolside with my bride and the two kids (Which was a rarity to even have them around)....
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I went looking for a Ryobi, because that is what all my tools are - BUT - they didn't have one.....

And yes, today was wasted away doing NOTHING but sitting poolside with my bride and the two kids (Which was a rarity to even have them around)....

Sounds about like a copy cat day of mine. It was wunnerful having all 3 of the boys around today, except that we all just hung around the TV where the AC was at....lol
Pretty sweet dusty.
Ive always wondered about jobsite type radios.
How durable are they?
Wish I could have laid by the pool all day. My day was spent on the road traveling back and forth to Danville for some baseball. We got beat. But, I'm not complaining. Good Team though The Stars out of Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pretty sweet dusty.
Ive always wondered about jobsite type radios.
How durable are they?

Incredibly durable. This thing is built like a tank!
OffTheHook Wrote:Wish I could have laid by the pool all day. My day was spent on the road traveling back and forth to Danville for some baseball. We got beat. But, I'm not complaining. Good Team though The Stars out of Lexington.

My wife and I are at a loss this summer! It's our first summer without baseball, and we've been grieving every weekend....
Stardust Wrote:Incredibly durable. This thing is built like a tank!

Thats awesome.
I seen one at Lowe's the other day and thought about buying it to use down in the barn and in the fields but didnt know much about em.