• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Offseason
Alright now that the NBA 2012 Season has officially ended, let's talk offseason.

Who get's traded, who goes where in free agency and drafts?

Wizards/Hornets trade

Wizards Get:

Emeka Okafor
Trevor Ariza

Hornets Get:

Rashard Lewis
2012 46th Draft Pick
I wonder what the Knicks will do. I just don't think this experiment with Carmello and Amare will work out. The Knicks have put too much into getting Carmello, someone who has lost 9 first round playoff series, but I think they could make a deal with the somewhat diasbled Amare.

Has anything been settled in Orlando? I think the Magic get as aggressive as their salary cap will allow them to boost their starting lineup.
Dwight Howard leaves Orlando possibly?
I hope so!
I did read on another site, that the Rockets I believe it was has serious interest in Howard.
^ I thought there was talk of Yao trying to come back???
I read it somewhere I just don't remember where I read it.
Steve Nash : Would "Definitely Consider" Knicks
Nash, an unrestricted free agent, said he would "definitely consider" joining the Knicks, ESPN New York reports.
The Knicks haven't expressed interest in signing Nash and would likely lack the financial resources to do so anyway. The team is likely to lose out in early-bird rights arbitration, meaning the team would only be able to offer the veterans' minimum. The team also hopes to re-sign Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, which would effectively take them out of the running for Nash.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy...z1yhQjSE6l
Kevin Garnett : Mulling Retirement, Returning to C's
Garnett continues to ponder a decision on retirement or returning to the Celtics for his 18th NBA season, ESPN.com reports.
Garnett has expressed a desire to leave the NBA while he's still an effective player. He certainly finished this past season on a strong note, as shown by his 19.2 points and 10.3 rebounds per game during the postseason. The Celtics hope to have Garnett make a decision in the coming weeks so Celtics management can properly craft their draft and free agency strategies.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy...z1yhQwLOop
Strikeout King Wrote:Alright now that the NBA 2012 Season has officially ended, let's talk offseason.

Who get's traded, who goes where in free agency and drafts?

Wizards/Hornets trade

Wizards Get:

Emeka Okafor
Trevor Ariza

Hornets Get:

Rashard Lewis
2012 46th Draft Pick

Did that trade happen or is that something you want to see happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:I wonder what the Knicks will do. I just don't think this experiment with Carmello and Amare will work out. The Knicks have put too much into getting Carmello, someone who has lost 9 first round playoff series, but I think they could make a deal with the somewhat diasbled Amare.

Has anything been settled in Orlando? I think the Magic get as aggressive as their salary cap will allow them to boost their starting lineup.

Amare is virtually impossible to move because of his insane contract.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Did that trade happen or is that something you want to see happen?

It did happen. Now the Wizards are looking at Kansas's Robinson and SI has MKG going to the Kings Wink
Deron Williams to choose between Nets, Mavericks

. According to a report from Marc Stein at ESPN, the free agent point guard will choose between his current team the Brooklyn Nets and his hometown Dallas Mavericks after NBA free agency opens on July 1.

The Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers had all expressed interest in acquiring Williams, but Williams reportedly will choose between the myriad marketing opportunities the Nets can offer with their move to metro New York and the comforts of home with the Mavericks.
James Harden wants to stay with Thunder, could sign extension in July

James Harden wants to stay with the Oklahoma City Thunder for a long time. The question is whether the Thunder can afford him and the rest of its young core.

Harden, the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year, said in exit interviews Saturday that “a dynasty is being built” in Oklahoma City, when asked whether money or team success was more important for him in the future, The Oklahoman’s Darnell Mayberry reported.

Harden is eligible to sign a long-term extension to his rookie contract with the Thunder on July 1. Thunder general manager Sam Presti will have to get creative to be able to keep the team’s core — which, along with Harden, consists of Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka — together to keep building that dynasty.http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/23/james-...=nba_t2_a3
Bobcats are wanting to trade down

Bulls are looking to get into the lottery pick, trade Luol Deng or Noah

Lakers are interested in trading Gasol, whether it happens or not has yet to be seen.
The Kings still want to trade down, but with the Houston deal likely out the window, they may try to pull the trigger with Chicago.

(Houston deal is likely out because Dwight Howard stated that he would not sign an extension with Houston, so they would get him for 1 year.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:So Rockets just trade Chase Budinger and rights to Lior Eliyahu to Minny for pick 18.

They now have picks 14, 16 and 18. There is definitely something cooking in Houston. No way they keep all 3 picks.

^The above quote is from a Sacramento Kings board but several ESPN, Draft Express and analysts have tweeted it as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC what's the deal with Chicago? I haven't heard nothing about that
^It has been pretty quiet.

Chicago might be throwing out the smoke screen. Often times around the draft, teams will intentionally deceive analysts by making up trade bait or saying that they want to move up or down, etc...

Poor Chad Ford believes and/or reports everything that is ever told to him and it makes him look dumb, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JR Smith is opting out of his contract with Knicks to become a Free Agent
Quote:Lior Eliyahu will join the Timberwolves for Summer League in Las Vegas. Has a real chance to make their team it sounds.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1yuSAh9O1
http://www.draftexpress.com

This is a player whose rights were included in the Chase Budinger trade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^VERY low risk, but possibly VERY high reward. I like that they are going after him!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ The procedure he had done on his knees, Kobe Bryant, A-Rod and some others have had done as well and look how good they are
If he and Rose are together in the backcourt it could be dangerous. The only problem is that they are essentially the same player. Roy is a little better shooter and passer but Rose is a better driver and more athletic.

Both need the ball in their hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
they need to get rid of Deng's Contract. They should have traded him to GS then put another package together and traded higher in the Draft.

I hope the owner knows what he's doing. The guy that owns the White Sox also owns the Bulls
Rockets, Kings Talking Blockbuster Trade?

After completing one trade this morning, the Rockets appear to be engaged in discussions with the Kings on another deal. According to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com (Twitter link), the Rockets have offered Kyle Lowry, the No. 14 pick, and the No. 16 pick to the Kings in exchange for Tyreke Evans and the No. 5 pick. However, SI.com's Sam Amick hears from two sources that such an offer isn't on the table
^ Rockets and Kings have no blockbuster players, how can they have a blockbuster trade??? What, are they trading cities? Rockets move to Sac, and vice-versa????
^Truly shows your basketball genius Big Grin

Seriously though, I cannot believe that Draft Express would risk their credibility on releasing such a rumor. It took Sam Amick about 15 minutes to get multiple sources together to refute the claim, lol. It only took 15 minutes because they were probably busy laughing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pistons/Bobcats Trade

Bobcats Get:

Ben Gordon
2013 Protected 1st Round Draft Pick

Pistons Get:

Corey Maggette
i honestly dont see why Chicago want make a run on trying to get Dwight Howard they could possible trade noah deng and some draft picks for him but i think dwight and drose could possibly work together i mean if melo and amare can play good together why not drose and dwight howard
  • 1(current)
  • Next