Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region (2012-2013)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You my friend have it all figured out.

Darn....you changed your pic! Forrest doesn't look near as nice as the girl in the bikini you did have on your page. If somebody reads the old quotes now they would be confused about my comments. Confusedilly:
^
lol, dont worry ill have a great one here very shortly.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol, dont worry ill have a great one here very shortly.

Love the new pic! You the man!! :Thumbs:
Besides Madden, Morris and Smith, who are some other players out there that will shine this year?
I think that the three above are head and shoulders above everyone else in my opinion, but here are some others that are really good.

The Wilson twins Corbin
Bethany Powers Whitley

Next level
Taylor Arthur South Laurel
Jenna Mills Knox Central
Kayla Bruner North Laurel
Morgan chesnut. Clay Co.
Kara Ersian. Bville
Brooklyn Massingale Harlan Co.
Kandace Craig. Whitley Co. Could REALLY move up if she will work hard and was used right

Next level
Shippy Knox Central
Morgan Garnett Bell Co
Kelsey Ersian. Bville
Kendall Ellington. North Laurel
Sara Evans. Harlan co. If she plays
Anajae Stephney. Middlesboro
Taylor Dingess. Whitley Co. Sleeper- could be geeting more attention if she didn't have such good players ahead of her.
Talaura Mathis. Clay Co. Another kid who could move up drastically
Sara Robinson. Clay Co.
Bella Noe. Harlan Co. Could be a very good one if she gets tougher. Was a favorite of mine to watch this summer.
Green. Middlesboro

I saw the post from Lynn Camp and she looked good this summer, but I have only seen her once and don't know much about her.

I am sure I have missed a bunch in different levels but this is what I remember from last season and some who caught my eye in some of the summer games I watched. I only got to see local summer games as my job is busiest in the summer.
Btw I agree with basketball wizard... Nice pic
^
Powers and Craig could both be great at Whitley.
Powers has been a tremendous role player for 3 years now and will need to step up and be the senior leader this year.
Craig has to mature and get stronger. If she does that, she could be a top 3 post player in the region.
So what are the opinions on a top 10? I will give mine shortly!
Olred Wrote:I think that the three above are head and shoulders above everyone else in my opinion, but here are some others that are really good.

The Wilson twins Corbin
Bethany Powers Whitley

Next level
Taylor Arthur South Laurel
Jenna Mills Knox Central
Kayla Bruner North Laurel
Morgan chesnut. Clay Co.
Kara Ersian. Bville
Brooklyn Massingale Harlan Co.
Kandace Craig. Whitley Co. Could REALLY move up if she will work hard and was used right

Next level
Shippy Knox Central
Morgan Garnett Bell Co
Kelsey Ersian. Bville
Kendall Ellington. North Laurel
Sara Evans. Harlan co. If she plays
Anajae Stephney. Middlesboro
Taylor Dingess. Whitley Co. Sleeper- could be geeting more attention if she didn't have such good players ahead of her.
Talaura Mathis. Clay Co. Another kid who could move up drastically
Sara Robinson. Clay Co.
Bella Noe. Harlan Co. Could be a very good one if she gets tougher. Was a favorite of mine to watch this summer.
Green. Middlesboro

I saw the post from Lynn Camp and she looked good this summer, but I have only seen her once and don't know much about her.

I am sure I have missed a bunch in different levels but this is what I remember from last season and some who caught my eye in some of the summer games I watched. I only got to see local summer games as my job is busiest in the summer.

Great first couple of post and welcome to the site.
I actually had posted my thoughts on Craig and Powers before your post had even been submitted by the mods since your on your trial, so we were both thinking the same thing and on the right track.

The Twins at Corbin are widely underrated. They could be two of the top players in the region, and IMHO, they were only overlooked so much because of the down year Corbin had.

Should be a year with a lot of great players in the 13th.
Thanks! I agree with you about the 13th region on players. Here is my opinion on how the preseason poll may look and how I think it may turn out at the end of the season as well.

Preseason
1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Bell County
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel
7. Knox Central
8. South Laurel
9. Harlan Ind.
10. Barbourville

How I think it will end up
1. Whitley County (older and more experienced this year)
2. Clay County (A. Mitchell was a huge difference maker and will be missed)

3. Corbin ( I was most impressed with them this summer)
4. Bell County (wasn't real impressed this summer but I think it will be just fine in season)
5. Harlan County (I love the young kids they have... Youth could be why they may fall or go up)

6. North Laurel (was really impressed sometimes and disappointed in others when I saw them. I think they have a bright future though!)
7. Barbourville (they play so hard and the young team from last year will be more mature)
8. Knox Central
9. South Laurel
10. Harlan ind (will miss Mullins a lot but could be higher than south and Knox central)

This is hard with so many question marks about most teams this year. I would love for more opinions!
Looks pretty good overall.
I just don't see how North Laurel would be ahead of South Laurel.
South was better last year and lost one player. North loses four or five.
Jewell from Corbin, if she comes back 100% from her knee injury, could be one of the better players in the region.
HDE Wrote:Looks pretty good overall.
I just don't see how North Laurel would be ahead of South Laurel.
South was better last year and lost one player. North loses four or five.

Numbers of kids lost never meant much to me. It's more quality than quantity and Macy Clontz was quality to me. The biggest struggle for south last year was scoring and Clontz was the biggest scorer by FAR and now she is gone. They will struggle this year but like always will be better at the end than at the beginning. North lost a couple of athletes (Woolums who didn't play most of the year and the Proffitt girl) but I wasn't a big fan of them as players like some people talked after they beat Whitley last year. I just think they were used well at the end of the year on the big floor.
Not much difference in the two teams. I saw Corbin, south and North more than any of the other teams this summer and north was the most inconsistent between south and north but also had the best showings when they did play well. I do understand tradition and South has a much better one than north but I just liked what I saw. It's just a guess but that's all we can do right now... How would your top ten go?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Jewell from Corbin, if she comes back 100% from her knee injury, could be one of the better players in the region.

No doubt... I think she is a tremendous player. She is just going to be a freshman right? She hadn't been cleared long before summer ball and stil contributed.
Olred Wrote:Thanks! I agree with you about the 13th region on players. Here is my opinion on how the preseason poll may look and how I think it may turn out at the end of the season as well.

Preseason
1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Bell County
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel
7. Knox Central
8. South Laurel
9. Harlan Ind.
10. Barbourville

4. Bell County (wasn't real impressed this summer but I think it will be just fine in season)
5. Harlan County (I love the young kids they have... Youth could be why they may fall or go up)

6. North Laurel (was really impressed sometimes and disappointed in others when I saw them. I think they have a bright future though!)
7. Barbourville (they play so hard and the young team from last year will be more mature)
8. Knox Central
9. South Laurel
10. Harlan ind (will miss Mullins a lot but could be higher than south and Knox central)

This is hard with so many question marks about most teams this year. I would love for more opinions!

I hope your predictions come true!
Whitley County still has the same old problem!!!!
footballfever Wrote:Whitley County still has the same old problem!!!!

I think talent eventually will even make that look good :Thumbs:

Sad thing is... I'm not even a Whitley Fan!!!
Sadly, those same ole problems have held us back, ill be the first to admit, a lot of things havent gone the way theyve always should have, i just really hope there already thinking about a new coach and who will replace Anderson for next year. Smith and Comapny need a good coach for there senior year and i hope we do not resort for the easy pick like weve done like 12 times in the past 20 years on the boys side of things.
Here is my top 5 teams in the region

1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Bell County
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
Olred Wrote:Thanks! I agree with you about the 13th region on players. Here is my opinion on how the preseason poll may look and how I think it may turn out at the end of the season as well.

Preseason
1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Harlan County
4. Bell County
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel
7. Knox Central
8. South Laurel
9. Harlan Ind.
10. Barbourville

8. Knox Central
9. South Laurel

Harlan County over Bell County.. Harlan County lost to Bell County this summer twice and both games was blow outs
wildcats fan Wrote:Harlan County over Bell County.. Harlan County lost to Bell County this summer twice and both games was blow outs

I think that some may vote that way with Harlan co coming off of a strong season (runner up in region). I do think that Bell is the better team though:thanks: