Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation?
This is a fun thread we usually do. Have you or are you going on vacation this year? If so, where? Also what has been your favorite vacation.
My wife and I are headed to Disney in August (without kids). Should be fun!
The whole family (16-18 of us) are leaving June 28th for Topsail Beach. We've never been there before, and oftentimes will choose places like that "just to see what it's like". After all, we don't ever have to go back there if we don't like it!!

My favorite vacation place of all time is the 4x4 beaches of the outer banks. We rented a home there a few years ago, and were 9.9 miles away from paved road. Had to drive on the sand!! You could go on our front porch and look to the left, and see the Virginia state line. It was great. Deer around the yard every morning, and the mustangs grazing every afternoon. Some times, the stallion would bring his mares and their babies down to the water at night to play and roll around the wet sand. It was great!!!!!
With moving and her graduating college in December, we need to take one either this summer, during her winter break or during the winter-time immediately after she graduates (she will be a December graduate).

I have always wanted to go to Washington D.C. but we will probably do something a little closer and a lot cheaper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:The whole family (16-18 of us) are leaving June 28th for Topsail Beach. We've never been there before, and oftentimes will choose places like that "just to see what it's like". After all, we don't ever have to go back there if we don't like it!!

My favorite vacation place of all time is the 4x4 beaches of the outer banks. We rented a home there a few years ago, and were 9.9 miles away from paved road. Had to drive on the sand!! You could go on our front porch and look to the left, and see the Virginia state line. It was great. Deer around the yard every morning, and the mustangs grazing every afternoon. Some times, the stallion would bring his mares and their babies down to the water at night to play and roll around the wet sand. It was great!!!!!
Topsail is very nice place, I love driving there to hang out on the beach for a couple of hours. I live about 30 min from there now. There is not a lot things to do if you have small kids, but the beach and pool, if you have one, should keep them occupied. The island is very laid back, people are friendly in this area. Hope you enjoy your stay in Eastern NC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love the area. We have stayed at Ocean Isle a couple of times, but the past three years have gone to Myrtle Beach because all of our grand babies "suddenly" turned into teenagers!! So, this year we decided to try to find a more laid back beach. This sounds perfect!!
Destin Florida July 9
I'll be heading to Nashville again this summer for a few days.
I went last year for a week and if you're a music lover you can't go wrong.

I'm also going to Ichthus next week and after that my wife and I are probably going to head up to Ohio and find something to do.

I'm SWAMPED at Church this year and I'd like to take a couple of weeks to relax but it looks like I'm just going to have a couple of weekenders and that's it.
Zaga what is Ichthus?
Strikeout King Wrote:Zaga what is Ichthus?

It's one of the biggest Christian Music festivals in the world - I honestly think it's the biggest. The line-up isn't as star-studded this year because of some artists on tour but it's still the best around
And it takes place in the great state of Kentucky.
It starts next Wednesday and runs all the way until Saturday night.

http://www.ichthusfestival.org/
^Ichthus is held in Wilmore, KY (Jessamine County).

The Ichthus farm is about 2 miles from Asbury Theological Seminary, that is where I go to school. The area is beautiful. Also, that is about 30 minutes from where I will be moving to. Pretty cool stuff.

For any of you going to Ichthus, feel free to give me a call and we can meet up, if you want. I know that is dangerous, but if you are heading to a Christian festival, surely, I can trust you not to kill me, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:It's one of the biggest Christian Music festivals in the world - I honestly think it's the biggest. The line-up isn't as star-studded this year because of some artists on tour but it's still the best around
And it takes place in the great state of Kentucky.
It starts next Wednesday and runs all the way until Saturday night.

http://www.ichthusfestival.org/

Looks pretty good. Have a safe trip
No vacation here.......have not actually taken a vacation in 5 years.
Wilmore, KY

You know, I have a couple of coins that were minted in Wilmore, KY.
[Image: http://www.imcdb.org/i025982.jpg]

loading up the Family Truckster
Holiday Roads!!
^
I never knew why that dang station wagon had 4 headlights lol.
BTW, Chevy Chase=Best comedian ever.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
[Image: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lz-z_TeJObU/0.jpg]

never know when you need those high beams
^
He should have just let ellen go with neil diamond and he could have stayed with that hotty.
He should have just let ellen go with neil diamond and he could have stayed with that hotty.

I thought it was Wayne Newton lol
^
lol it was, im horrible with names.
I called john goodman by john candy the other day lol.

Because instead of the sporty artic blue car they had bought, Clark (yep the best comedian ever) opted for the green family truckster.

Anything with the name "family truckster" must have four headlights....it's a pre-requisite!!!
:Clap:
^
:Thumbs:
Ocean lakes, SC for the 3rd year in a row.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I made my vacation out of a funeral in SC last month. Hopefully i'll get to go with the girl I'm working on to FL, lol.

Had plans for Vegas for a UFC event, but needed the money elsewhere, so had to nix that and sell the tickets. :/
Granny Bear Wrote:The whole family (16-18 of us) are leaving June 28th for Topsail Beach. We've never been there before, and oftentimes will choose places like that "just to see what it's like". After all, we don't ever have to go back there if we don't like it!!

Love Topsail!

A few suggestions:
- Go see the Sea Turtle Hospital and take the tour

- If you like seafood I strongly reccomend a little place called the Riverview Cafe in Sneads Ferry. It is right next to the New River and has super fresh seafood.

- Plan a day for Wilmington. See the USS North Carolina during the day. Drive down to Carolina/Kure Beach and go to the aquarium, then take the Ferry over to Southport (beautiful town) and drive back up. Hit downtown Wilmington and the Riverwalk at dusk and do the ghost tour.
As for myself, I leave the 3rd week of July for a week at Jupiter.

Stopping in Orlando Friday and Saturday to break up the trip. Doing Dinner at Ohana at Disney on that Saturday night, one of my favorite dining experiences.

We are renting the same cottage as last year on the water. I love being able to fish off the dock. Last year caught a couple barracudas, snappers, numerous small fish, and hooked about a 6' Nurse Shark (needless t say didn't stay on my 10 lb monofilament long) .

[Image: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6...6909_n.jpg]

[Image: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6...2041_n.jpg]