Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'America's Got Talet 'vet who lied about service remains on show
Quote:"America's Got Talent" is sticking with controversial vet singer Timothy Poe, although the road won't be easy for him on or off the talent show.
"AGT" producers are reportedly editing Poe's appearance in the upcoming Las Vegas show, all while Poe is coming under fire from folks on the show, and while his family is receiving death threats.
This all started days after Poe appeared on an audition episode of "AGT," where he said he stuttered because of a war injury yet sang well enough to bring the audience to its feet. After the broadcast, military records called into question whether Poe was injured in Afghanistan. It also was revealed that Poe claimed a photo he gave the show was from his service in the war, when in fact it depicted another soldier.
Host Nick Cannon was the first to notice a discrepancy in Poe's story. The singer showed no signs of a stutter when he stepped off the stage after performing. "I think we was so caught up in the moment, he forgot to stutter," Cannon told reporters.
Show producers, according to TMZ, are discussing what footage to cut from Poe's Las Vegas appearance. Judge Howie Mandel expects the show won't disqualify Poe, but it remains to be seen how the judges, audience and voting public react to him.
"I was so blown away that I was totally taken in," Mandel told TMZ. "I'm really angry with the guy."
So are a lot of people.
Poe's family told TMZ they have received death threats. Poe's sister-in-law said while shopping with her children, someone approached and said, "We're going to kill you and the whole family." Similar threats were made to other family members as well.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/c...lied-about
He should have been gone.
^^ Agreed, or he should be sent to Afghanistan to see what our boys go through every day for our freedom. Two things i cant stand a liar and a thief. The show should take a stand & kick this piece of shit off. Fans should boycot the show till they do kick him off.
He won't last. When it comes time, USA will vote against him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He should be removed. That will make more of a statement than just having him voted out.
^two words. TV drama.

They know that people are going to watch to see what is said/done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TV drama is one thing making claim like that's just wrong. The American people should not watch this show
nky Wrote:TV drama is one thing making claim like that's just wrong. The American people should not watch this show

I'm with ya nky. I will not watch & support this show.
nky Wrote:TV drama is one thing making claim like that's just wrong. The American people should not watch this show

Maybe you do not fully understand what I am saying. Part of that falls on me.

TV Networks do not care diddly squat about integrity or doing what is right. They care about ratings and numbers and dollars.

They know by keeping this figure on tv that people will watch.

#1 Blackcat has the solution. If people quit watching, they will learn. That is why with things like South Park and some of those MTV shows, the best way to shut them up and take them off is to stop discussing it and stop watching it. :betterthanexpected:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Maybe you do not fully understand what I am saying. Part of that falls on me.

TV Networks do not care diddly squat about integrity or doing what is right. They care about ratings and numbers and dollars.

#1 Blackcat has the solution. If people quit watching, they will learn. That is why with things like South Park and some of those MTV shows, the best way to shut them up and take them off is to stop discussing it and stop watching it. :betterthanexpected:
Understand and agree 100%:Thumbs:
I won't, but to be honest, I never watch mainstream TV. I only watch educational shows like science stuff, and cooking shows. Sports are another thing though.
LWC Wrote:Maybe you do not fully understand what I am saying. Part of that falls on me.

Not sure I fully agree here.......American Idol was known for kicking people off the show for discrepancies.....AGT should have done the same thing.
judgementday Wrote:Not sure I fully agree here.......American Idol was known for kicking people off the show for discrepancies.....AGT should have done the same thing.

Three things:

1. American Idol is a show not a Network.

2. They sign people to their label, so they need to know that they can depend on them.

3. The discrepancies were usually about amateur vs. professional OR with prison records.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]