Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manny Pacquaio Gets Beat!
Timothy Bradley wins a split decision over Manny Pacquiao.

I guess he should have taken the $40 Million offer from Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/803...t-decision

Quote:Timothy Bradley promised to shock, though the biggest shock in his fight with Manny Pacquiao came from the judges' scorecards.

"I didn't think he was as good as everyone says he was. I didn't feel his power," Timothy Bradley said after beating Manny Pacquiao.
In a fight Pacquiao seemed to have in hand, two judges decided otherwise, giving Bradley a split decision Saturday night and ending the Filipino fighter's remarkable seven-year unbeaten run.

Promoter Bob Arum fumed, the crowd at the MGM Grand arena booed, and Pacquiao seemed stunned when the decision was announced. Arum said there would be a November rematch, though he blasted the way the decision went down.

"I've never been as ashamed of the sport of boxing as I am tonight," said Arum, who handles both fighters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My son was calling this all week! He felt that Manny was too undersized against Bradley.

I didn't think Bradley because he was not a puncher, and if you can't hurt Manny, you get knocked out! I was wrong!
I watched all 12 rounds last night, still not sure how Bradley won, I'm certain those judges saw the wrong fight.
Everyone on facebook is saying Pacquaio got screwed
Everyone all over the world is saying this was a fix....

anyone watch it?
Let me just say that there was a couple really close rounds, I gave round 6 & 10 to Bradley...the 1st was Bradley's until Pacquiao's final flurry.

I could see where judges gave Bradly 3 maybe even 5/6 rounds...but 7? I doubt it.
There are a lot of conspiracies roaming around how the game was cooked even before it was ordered. I would likely think that they are possible reasons why he lost and quite frankly, he took it very light heartedly. And I think that the recent changes played well, but not quite if you ask me. I mean, his sudden change in his tempo with religion is a bit puzzling. Was that an integral part so that he would not be doubted when it is announced that he lost the title?