Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 15 - Sheldon Clark 0
Final

Good job Hornets
Thats two losses by a score of 32-4 for Sheldon Clark...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are just bad. I mean they dont know what they are doing out there. No offense to the girls but they look lost...
Great win Magoffin County. JV team looked good also.
the girls got back Sunday from the state tournament and beat Pike Central Monday only 3 girls have been practicing the rest played basketball
corndog23 Wrote:They are just bad. I mean they dont know what they are doing out there. No offense to the girls but they look lost...

I know you're just trying to get across to the rest of us how or why the score was so lop-sided, but wasn't there anything bright to impart about this one for SC? I read this and the first thing I thought was, "How sad! Why is this the way it is for SCHS?" What do you think needs to happen to improve the situation? The season is young... maybe it will get better?!
from what i seen tonight not much direction from the bench
IISnakE Wrote:I know you're just trying to get across to the rest of us how or why the score was so lop-sided, but wasn't there anything bright to impart about this one for SC? I read this and the first thing I thought was, "How sad! Why is this the way it is for SCHS?" What do you think needs to happen to improve the situation? The season is young... maybe it will get better?!

I honestly dont know what could be done. I think they have a good coach. Coach May seems like he knows what he is doing. I just dont think the girls are putting their full heart and soul into it. Also i dont believe Martin County does a very good job at building female athletes when they are younger. I think there needs to be some sort of way to get the girls exposed to the sport long before high school, which is what happens here.
Good job Magoffin, hang in there schs
Good Job Magoffin
I just re-read what I posted and I was remiss to Congratulate MC on the win. Nice job Hornetgirls!
Well, does Martin County have softball in their LL? Johnson County/Paintsville Rec. Department used to have a Summer Softball League just for girls. It was for the younger girls because LL didn't offer anyting at that time. Now they do, & so does the Cal Ripkin thing. I know this doesn't help the situation currently, but maybe one or two of those elected county officials over there, might have the foresight to circle the collective wagons, (county gov't, city of Inez gov't, and the Martin County School system) to come up with a county-wide plan to develop the raw talent of your girls so that upon entering high school, they'll be prepared to compete! There's plenty of fine civic minded folks in Martin County with plenty of heart and drive, who want their girls to be the best they can be! Hopefully this is something that can be a reality! If not, then I am thinking area LL Softball programs can take them, if their own area doesn't provide it. I'll check on that one and pm you, corndog23! Keep your heads up girls and be focused. Work hard and have fun while doing it! IN the mean time, you could always take them to KCDiamond for instruction!
Any stats for Magoffin or anything? I just want to know because we sure heard alot of talk from sheldon clark a while back on how bad michaela howard and Magoffin county was. 15-0 is pretty Impressive congrats again Magoffin County
Magoffin played Betsy Layne tonight and Micheala hit a home run! she also hit two to the fence from what i heard.
Congrats to MC and Howard
From what i have heard that eveyone on MC team was hitting good last night at the Betsy Layne game.
Berty Layne has a small field but a homerun is a homerun congrats Micheala.
Dang Cards. Is anyone playing well for SC?
Dont give up Cards still a lot of time left!!
i saw the game and we kicked crack i have to go with the mchs squad were on a roll:thatsfunn
Watched Sheldon Clark play LCHS in the Boyd Co Classic today which one again was a loss for the Card The team has a lot of heart. One thing that particularly stood out if the Coach could stay with her team when they are at bat instead of smoking behind the dugout they may have a little more direction Keep up the work Card seems like you have to play without a Coach
ballfan87 Wrote:Watched Sheldon Clark play LCHS in the Boyd Co Classic today which one again was a loss for the Card The team has a lot of heart. One thing that particularly stood out if the Coach could stay with her team when they are at bat instead of smoking behind the dugout they may have a little more direction Keep up the work Card seems like you have to play without a Coach

I know SC's Coach May...two things wrong with this statement...Coach May does not smoke, and he most definitely is not a woman!:ChairHit:
Who is the small blonde lady coach always in dugout when not smoking behind it?? She was on the field several times? Always yelling at girls she must be some part of the coaching staff.. She is a very poor representative to the team and poor example to the girls
eagerbeaver Wrote:I know SC's Coach May...two things wrong with this statement...Coach May does not smoke, and he most definitely is not a woman!:ChairHit:
ballfan87 Wrote:One thing that particularly stood out if the Coach could stay with her team when they are at bat instead of smoking behind the dugout....

Welcome to Eastern Kentucky!Smile
ballfan87 Wrote:Who is the small blonde lady coach always in dugout when not smoking behind it?? She was on the field several times? Always yelling at girls she must be some part of the coaching staff.. She is a very poor representative to the team and poor example to the girls

Well thats not Coach May so all of you know! Coach May stands in the third base coaches box. "HE" is not a woman! And about the lady you are referring to...well shes a very caring and understanding person...so before you go and put down a teams coaching staff make sure that you know who they are.... Thank you
ggh04 Wrote:Well thats not Coach May so all of you know! Coach May stands in the third base coaches box. "HE" is not a woman! And about the lady you are referring to...well shes a very caring and understanding person...so before you go and put down a teams coaching staff make sure that you know who they are.... Thank you
Just called it as I saw it ! Once again I will say the Lady Cardinals are a team with a lot of heart and dont give up even when they are down. Dont Know Coach May but if maybe he could get a little more help from his assts then girls would be benefiting a lot more.
Coach May needs to quit worrying about having star players and develop his team as a whole.

Enough said.
The coach at SC knows what he is doing... He knows the game and he can't play the game for the girls...they gotta do that themselves....and they really do have a lot of heart and if it would all come together at the same time then they could have a great team...Their defense is pretty good..a lil error here and there but it has held teams for numerous innings...They really need to work on hitting faster pitchers.
they need to work hard on pitching.their pitchers just don't have enough speed,motion or variety of pitches.good teams pound the ball on them.with the pitching they have their best defensive players need to be on the left side of the field.
When it comes to a winning team, not only do you need dedicated players but a dedicated coaching staff which encourages the kids to not only play hard but to enjoy the game. This year i dont see them doing very well at all for very obvious reasons. And truthfully, as mentioned earlier there are some bad examples being set forth by the coaching staff and a few parents. Let the girls have fun and try to set a good example for them on what is truely important and thats their education and a healthy , happy childhood.

:USAFlag:
Congrats to MC