Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Well guys, me and DTfan are flying out Thursday morning for Boston to watch the Womens Final Four and I'm scared to fly. Her Aunt's taking me, which is VERY nice of her. So I need some tips or something because you all have no idea how scared I am, and I've never been on a plane before, just ask 15th and DT..lol....
^ IM sorry but im scared of flying too, lol i would walk, haha.
I wish I could..lol
You'll do fine... just be careful in that bathroom lol
Flying is awesome...I never understood the fear of flying, but a lot of people have it...You're more likely to be in an accident on the way to the airport than on the plane...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pray it dont crash!!!!!
my sister is scared to death to fly. So she sat beside me and i sat beside the window. When we took off she held my hand real tight and held her breath and counted backwards from about 100 or so. It helped her stay calm. And during the flight she read lots of magazines and just tryed to stay busy. I would suggest word or number puzzles such as sudoku....they can keep your mind off of anything. Take a cd player, mp3 player, or an ipod if you enjoy music. Just try to stay busy and calm!

P.S. - This is my 100th post! WOOT!
drink plenty of alcohol
You'll be ok but I would be just like you. Just stay busy like someone else said.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:drink plenty of alcohol

:letsparty :devilflam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dont worry about it just put ur mind on something else read a book or something so u wont even think about where u r
Sit up all night the night before that way u'll sleep on the plane!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
That sounds like a good Idea SE04 I bet that would work balla
won't work. you'll be too nervous.. adrenaline will be rushing.. you won't sleep.. until you reach about 40,000 feet.. then you can't hear anything.. and it'll be cramped unless its about a 767.. the best thing to do is buy a couple shots of alcohol. they are 5 bucks a piece.. you'll be ok
SE04 Wrote:Sit up all night the night before that way u'll sleep on the plane!

That would never work for me, lol. I snore louder than an atomic bomb im pretty sure. I think i would piss off the pilot enough for him to want to crash us into a mountain!!Smile
You all will be fine. Have fun and be safe in the Big City !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flying is actually really awesome ....i was so terrified the first time i ever flew but i listened to music and it was nothing for me really to be scared about..It's really weird b/c when ur flying time goes really fast..but ne wayz..I think u'll do fine..Winkgood luck.
Thanks everyone!
Y'all made it safely...now just pray you make it back! Aww I love and miss yoouuuuuuu hehe
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Glad you back it there safely. I was a little too late to help with the fear, sorry.