Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Preseason Mountain Five Finalists
Hey guys, I got together with a group of anonymous guys on here to start something new and exciting here on BGR. We have a group together and we're going to rank the best five mountain football players and send them plaques from BluegrassRivals! The way it works is, 5 of us nominated 3 players each. We weren't allowed to nominate from our respective schools (So no Belfry nominees from me) ... we have 15 nominees, but we want 18. So you guys are to reply here with guys you want to nominate that aren't already listed and the three most nominated will be added to make a total of 18 nominees! You guys act as the 6th member of our group here.

Once the 18 nominees are decided, our group of 5 will rank these guys 1-5 in Heisman voting fashion to determine the Preseason Mountain Five. We will also be doing 10 in the postseason plus an MVP. Anyways, here you guys go ... the first annual Preseason Mountain Five Finalists!

Richard Trent (QB - Breathitt County)
2011: 97-155, 2086 yards, 25 TD, 4 INT
133 carries, 1221 yards, 21 TD

Jefferson Patrick (FB/LB - Williamsburg)
2011: 60 carries, 325 yards, 6 TD --- 116 solo tackles, 33 assisted

Justin Johnson (RB - Belfry)
2011: 110 carries, 948 yards, 8 TD

Jacob Hyde (OL - Clay County)
6'2, 310 - University of Kentucky Commit

Jordan Olinger (WR - Hazard)
2011: 40 receptions, 859 yards, 12 TD
A State Champion

Chase Hall (RB - Pikeville)
2011: 136 carries, 1206 yards, 14 TD

Wes Pugh, (WR - Pike Central)
2011: 50 receptions, 1262 yards, 9 TD

Skylar Griffith, (WR - Williamsburg)
2011: 71 receptions, 1616 yards, 16 TD

Jeffrey Canady, (ATH - Knox Central)
2011: 115 carries, 1054 yards, 15 TD
41 receptions, 871 yards, 6 TD
67 tackles

Boston Bryant (FB - Whitley County)
2011: 225 carries, 1512 yards, 12 TD

Tyler Dethridge (QB - South Laurel)
2011: 176-326, 2405 yards, 19 INT, 30 TD
144 carries, 441 yards, 7 TD

Jake Middleton (RB - Harlan County)
2011: 156 carries, 1420 yards, 10 TD
11 receptions, 141 yards, 2 TD

Johnathon Polly (RB, DE- Bell County)
2011: 71 carries, 691 yards, 7 TD
3 receptions, 46 yards, 2 TD

Austin Pray (WR, DB - Perry County Central)
2011: 41 receptions, 676 yards, 4 TD

Ty Saragas (QB, DB - Harlan)
2011: 159-283, 2302 yards, 10 INT, 29 TD

-- If you feel like a player was snubbed, there are three spots left! Reply here with your nominee, and the top three most voted players by YOU guys will be the final three. Your voice will be heard and vote counted... We promise! We will be counting any reply on this thread as a vote until May 29th at 11:59PM. --
How about Tony Messer from Belfry?
Wes Noble from Breathitt. 20 Rep for 588 Yards and 8 TD's
Wow, sounds like a great idea!
Darryl Beatty Had over 1000yds receiving with 50 Catches and a couple KO return for TD's
Beatty is from Perry Central
Austin Black, LB, Pikeville. Led team with 133 tackles, 104 solo. Recovered 3 fumbles, returned 1 for a TD and intercepted 2 passes, returning 1 for a TD.
Junior linebacker Carson Whitehead had 135 tackles last year to lead Harlan County. He's also a very good offensive lineman.

Ty Saragas' name was spelled incorrectly.
My fault HDE, is there any way a mod can fix that? I just posted it how it was sent. Never heard of this kid before his nomination but I'm impressed with his numbers. I think it's an honor if you're one of these finalist to be considered one of the eighteen best in the Mountains.
Belfry0304 Wrote:My fault HDE, is there any way a mod can fix that? I just posted it how it was sent. Never heard of this kid before his nomination but I'm impressed with his numbers. I think it's an honor if you're one of these finalist to be considered one of the eighteen best in the Mountains.

Got ya.

Since you can't nominate them:

TE/DE Tony Messer- Belfry

105 Tackles

LB Payton Mullins- Belfry

151 Tackles
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Got ya.

Since you can't nominate them:

TE/DE Tony Messer- Belfry

105 Tackles

LB Payton Mullins- Belfry

151 Tackles

The only two fellas that if I could've, I probably would've. Payt is underrated, he may well have been one of the top tacklers in the state in 2011. I'm interested to see who you guys nominate though, I'm already torn on narrowing the 15 we have now to 5!
Tyson Williams from McCreary Central. 6' 5" 245 TE/LB got to be one of best in Mtns.
Autsin Johnson Hazard WR/DB

36 rec 726 yyds 7 TD 124 tackles

Evan Whitaker Hazard QB

111-191 2341 yds 28 TD 5 INT 95 Rush Att 296 YDS 8 TD

Dalton Sizemore Williamsburg QB

164-322 2583 YDS 23 TD 10 INT Rush Att 173 732 YDS 10 TD
Betsy Layne
Austin Hall
109 carries for 1202 with 12 TDS
15 receptions for 303 yards 2 TDS
42 solo tackles 96 total tackles

Betsy Layne
Dylan Hamilton
94/157 1508 yards 11 TDS 60% completion percentage( why didnt they throw more?)

South Floyd
Weston Little
232 carries for 1830 yards 24 touchdowns (Best Running Back in Region) JMO

Allen Central
Sheldon Rice
54 receptions for 958 yards

Here are my nominees!

I say these because after seeing other numbers I feel better about these.
sportscritic Wrote:Betsy Layne
Austin Hall
109 carries for 1202 with 12 TDS
15 receptions for 303 yards 2 TDS
42 solo tackles 96 total tackles

Betsy Layne
Dylan Hamilton
94/157 1508 yards 11 TDS 60% completion percentage( why didnt they throw more?)

South Floyd
Weston Little
232 carries for 1830 yards 24 touchdowns (Best Running Back in Region) JMO

Allen Central
Sheldon Rice
54 receptions for 958 yards

Here are my nominees!

I say these because after seeing other numbers I feel better about these.
Numbers are not the end all be all. Competition must also be factored into the equation.
Glad to see this Belfry0304. It should certainly help showcase the talent we have in Ky. football.:Thumbs:
Pretty cool!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Dalton Sizemore QB (Jr. Williamsburg) 6ft 1in weight 195
2011- Threw 322 completed 164
23 Touchdowns
Rushed 173 for 732 yards and 10 TD's
Top 5 in State for all purpose yardage
Lead Single A for total yardage
Dalton Sizemore Quarterback -Williamsburg
2011 Season-
Rush Attempts 173
Net Yards 732
Rushing Touchdowns Scored 10
Rushing Net Yards per Game 56
Touchdown pass completion-23
pass completion 164

Someone to watch, top QB!
Where all the Rockcastle love at guys
Dalton Sizemore Williamsburg High 6' 195lbs
2583 passing 23 td's
732 rushing 10 td's
3315 total yards 33 td's
Third team WYMT qb last season
4.7 forty
300 lbs bench press(was strongest qb in his class at all NUC combines last year across the nation and this week in Lexington no one came close
26 verticle
lead class A in total yardage
lead class A in total passing yardage
Done all this and did not start at QB till the forth game of the season
So far only Dalton Sizemore has more than one vote. So let's get more votes in, we may need a tiebreaker
Cellking Wrote:Tyson Williams from McCreary Central. 6' 5" 245 TE/LB got to be one of best in Mtns.

I agree Tyson Williams was one of the best players I saw last year, he is big fast with great hands and brutal on the defensive side of the ball. Would love to see him get the opportunity to catch the ball more from the TE position.If Tyson played on a better team he would be all over these sites, he is the real deal and several D1 schools are showing interest.
I'm not going to vote on this because I don't have a great knowledge of mountain football other than JC and Whitley from playing them the past few years. However, I know one thing the mountains are known for - it's "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type football and great defense. It would be cool to see one or two more offensive linemen get picked. I know there are some big boys in the mountains that can flat out knock people on their asses.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Numbers are not the end all be all. Competition must also be factored into the equation.

We will see how good you are now that maynard is gone!
TE/DE Tony Messer- Belfry...........hes my vote..he will be even better this year, i think he gets alot more touches...
Wideright05 hit the nail on the head.

We would also like to do something for the offensive lineman but its extremley hard to get any stats or info because offensive lineman stats are not regularly recorded or recorded by the KHSAA website.
These young men definitely deserve the recognition, but seeing as to how WYMT cant even list individual offensive and defensive lineman in their yearly all mountain teams, its nearly impossible to do this.

As Belfry0304 and SK mentioned, this is something new were trying out here and let your voices be heard. It would be GREAT for these players along with the site if this picked up and these all BGR teams and previews got as much notoriety as the others site gets with there.

Dont be afraid to post and let your voice be heard! These young men work hard for this and deserve all the recognition they can get especially in the Eastern part of the state where it's extremely hard to get recruited.
Really how could this kid get left off this list. The numbers don't lie. I know it isn't all about numbers but have you seen this kid play? With a year now under his belt and the opportunity to go through summer practice and be the starter from day one, Sizemore will be special this season.
^
He is not going to be left off the list if enough people vote for him.
Seems to me he is the frontrunner.
RB-justin johnson -belfry he is outstanding RB and most of his touches was in 2 quarters sit mostly by halftime played very little full games .only when needed.and was out about 3 games. given full play his stats would have been off the wall.the sophomore was as good as any RB in the region and by far the best in pike county