Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry
Devin Varney and Derek Wellman got invites to the Top Gun Football Academy in Virginia.Both of these will be playing for Belfrymiddle school 8th grade team.Congrats to these (2) Running Backs!!!
who did they name coach ?
Don't know yet just know that coach Haywood said they had someone.
name a coach yet?
Coach Thacker a good guy that will do it like Coach Haywood wants it done.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Coach Thacker a good guy that will do it like Coach Haywood wants it done.

yes sir
How is the new coach ?
itsinurwatchpocket Wrote:How is the new coach ?

The kids like him and he is doing a good job and he had good help I thank it's going to a good year.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Coach Thacker a good guy that will do it like Coach Haywood wants it done.

No doubt!!
This is going to be a soild team,A load of talent at every position,and a brand new head coach.This bunch is going to be tough to handle...I,ve seen Andrew Elkins,Tyler Williams,Ivan Lee,and several other former Pirate greats helping the coaching staff.Things look bright for the Pirates for years to come!!!
He has big shoes to fill. The new coach that is.
Anybody heard anything of something coming from the board of education about 8 th grade hold backs not being able to play, not just at belfry but other public schools also. just wondering prob just rumors
NO SHOES TO FILL our middle school has not played a game yet and it's a better place and the kids are happy to be there and our football is better.
I hear Pikeville and Belfry both have several "returning players" from their last year's 8th grade squads.A rule about 8th grade holdbacks might be devestating to these two teams.
I am pretty sure no rule has been put in effect.
new o Wrote:I am pretty sure no rule has been put in effect.

As far as I know about every team in Pike County (barring East Ridge, idk about them) has holdbacks. Almost all teams do these days. The Martin County team who went on to be so successful at SCHS (c/o 11) every single one was held back and I know because I'm friends with them. As long as its legal, it'll happen. Everywhere.
when do they play
cuppett777 Wrote:when do they play

Tonight 6:30 at East Ridge first game.