Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man executed for killing crying toddler
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) -- A man who beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter to death because she was crying was executed Wednesday night.

"I am sorry that the child had to lose her life, but I should not have to be here," Robert Salazar Jr., said in a final statement.

"Tell my family I love them all and I will see them in heaven."

Salazar, 27, was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m., seven minutes after the lethal dose began to flow.

Adriana Gomez was killed in 1997. Salazar, of Lubbock, told police he pushed the girl with the back of his hand, causing her to fall down in a bathtub and hit her head.

A pathologist, however, testified that Salazar, in a violent rage, inflicted injuries on Adriana that were worse than those suffered by victims of auto accidents.

"I've never shed tears over a victim the way I did over that little girl," said Rusty Ladd, who helped prosecute the case for the Lubbock County District Attorney's Office.

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on Monday rejected requests to commute Salazar's sentence to life or halt the execution.

A state court and a federal appeals court turned down requests by Salazar's attorney to stop the execution based on claims the inmate was mentally retarded. There were no appeals to the Supreme Court.

Salazar was the sixth prisoner put to death this year in Texas and the second of four scheduled to die this month in the nation's busiest capital punishment state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:"Tell my family I love them all and I will see them in heaven."

Riiiiight. Rolleyes
Surprises me that our justice system didn't grant the appeal, but still, killing a 3 year old girl should carry worse punishments than a quick and painless death
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
ZMG Wrote:Riiiiight. Rolleyes

I was thinking awww how cute, he actually thinks that he is going to heaven..more like Dante's 9th level of Hell.

It appears that the world got a little better with the execution of this guy. But God will forgive if you ask and mean it.
Batpuff Wrote:"Tell my family I love them all and I will see them in heaven."
well first off he is outta his freakin mind if he thinks that. there is no justice in heaven if that bastard makes it there.
before his execution he should have been beat with a whip and have salt poured into his wounds. then executed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Even THAT isn't harsh enough VV.

I agree he should have been punished to the extreme then left to die a slow very painful death!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I would have liked to been able to have 30 min alone in a room to ourselves. Then he would have begged to be be injected. :devilflam
people like that just make me sick
He's gonna see them in heaven?? Yeah ok, what an idiot
Man, that guy couldn't get into heaven if he saved the Pope's life! If they let him in......count me out!
I think he got the easy way out maybe someone should have beat him to death like he did that precious little girl
guys.. i too think this guy should burn in hell.. but thanks to god's mercy, if the guy really asked for god's forgiveness and repented he too could enter heaven.. however his first sentence is the reason i don't think he really asked for forgiveness.. he said he shouldn't be there.. but oh well what's done is done
crazytaxidriver Wrote:guys.. i too think this guy should burn in hell.. but thanks to god's mercy, if the guy really asked for god's forgiveness and repented he too could enter heaven.. however his first sentence is the reason i don't think he really asked for forgiveness.. he said he shouldn't be there.. but oh well what's done is done

That is exactly what I was getting ready to say CTD...I guess great minds and all that..:thumpsup:

But, did anyone notice the very first thing he said....""I am sorry that the child HAD to lose her life.." That is where you are wrong moron!!! She didn't HAVE to lose her life..YOU took it away from her and now you must face the penalty for YOUR actions. IDIOT!!!!:redboxer:
At least he was executed.. more trash gone from this world